The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I was just thinking about Ally myself, since she hasn't answered my notes in a while, but then I was reading a dA source link over in another thread and I was like "YAY SHE WROTE BACK XD"
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I got to go on one of the big slides at Splash Universe; last time I was there I was too intimidated. It was fun!
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    RANDOM APPEARANCE TIME.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^^ Nice!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    TMA appeared, well, how often does that happen

I'm back from work, it was mostly OK.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    errand time

brb
    Hi Anonym, hi Imi.
    words
    Do you know the difference between "affect" and "effect"? You should
  • edited 2012-08-13 22:28:35
    I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Awww, I appeared to be caught, but I broke free!

Also, we can have sigs now.

Huh. How 'bout dat.

• ^^I refuse. Instead, I used eaffect!
    OK fine, you "English major" you
  • I'm watching the 70's Spider-Man movie.

It's silly.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Tre said:

I'm watching the 70's Spider-Man movie.

It's silly.
    pfft amateur

get back to me when you sit through live action japanese spider man and his giant mecha
  • OK fine, you "English major" you

Pfftt. I'm an experimental English Major. I can do whatever I want to the English language and it will still be art. :P

Tre: There was a '70s Spider-Man film? This I gotta see (after I watch the gloriously cheesy Nick Fury movie that stars David Hasselhoff)
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    70's Spider Man movie is on par with 70's Captain America movie, bad
  • edited 2012-08-13 22:40:21
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    btw I wasn't making up that whole japanese Spider Man and his giant mecha

IIRC it was the first live action giant mecha show to air on Japan's TV
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I think Japanese Spider-Man is indirectly the reason that Power Rangers exists. Didn't it inspire some of the formulas for the Super Sentai series?
    feedback
  • I should check those out. But, I'm not sure if those can top my love for the badness that is the 1960s Thor cartoon.
    Oh, Splash Universe has an arcade, too.

One of the things that stuck out to me was the presence of a Nicktoons Racing machine; the only character there that's still relevant is SpongeBob; Tommy Pickles and Eliza Thornberry and CatDog and the rest have all pretty much vanished now...
    Why do people love bad stuff
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Anonus said:

Oh, Splash Universe has an arcade, too.

One of the things that stuck out to me was the presence of a Nicktoons Racing machine; the only character there that's still relevant is SpongeBob; Tommy Pickles and Eliza Thornberry and CatDog and the rest have all pretty much vanished now...
    I remember Nicktoons Racing!

It was a thing.
  • Why do people love bad stuff

Because I hate myself and need something to boost my confidence.

Also, because they're entertaining in a way they weren't meant to be.
    fair enough
    I have it for Game Boy Color. I was never good at it.
  • I'm doing these all week with a few friends from TVT.

• Monday (8/13)The Amazing Spider-Man (1978) @ 9:00 PM
    • Tuesday (8/14)Captain America (1990) @ 9:00 PM
    • Wednesday (8/15)Pumaman @ 9:00 PM
    • Thursday (8/16)The Justice League of America (live-action TV pilot) @ 9:00 PM
    • Friday (8/17)The Fantastic Four (1994) @ 11:00 PM
    junie b. jones

is not a crook
  • Imi: but the twist is that YOU are the crook!
    Pumaman! He flies like a moron!
    I thought it was Nixon.
    Heh, someone flagged CA's "before I even clicked on it" macro for  being "a TV Tropes video"...and I notice that the flagger's account is now "not available".

Can you say "serial flagger"?
    Serial flagger?
    Sega logos?
    A particular kind of troll that goes through flagging videos not because they break any rules, but because they don't like them. There's another, less savory name for them that used to be common, but I'm not repeating it here because it's insensitive.
    Oh, and I've noticed recently that this computer is not only black, but black metallic. Which means it has SPARKLES in it. :O
  • "And even black. And even black."
  • I’m the great traitor. There must be no other. Anyone who even thinks about deserting this mission will be cut up into 98 pieces. Those pieces will be stamped on until what is left can be used only to paint walls. Whoever takes one grain of corn or one drop of water more than his ration will be locked up for 155 years. If I, Aguirre, want the birds to drop dead from the trees, the birds will drop dead from the trees. I am the wrath of God. The earth I pass will see me and tremble.
    ..and the Nationals are destroying the Giants 14-0.

Too bad I won't be able to see how it ends, since I need to get to bed. Good night!
    Good night Lee.
    I want to watch The Powerpuff Girls Movie.

Though I don't like the logo it introduced:
    the infernal machine
  • edited 2012-08-14 00:45:16
    Touch the cow. Do it now.

and the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of the waters and the name of the star is called Wormwood and the third part of the waters became wormwood and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter

Everybody else left. Now I can post in the nude
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    political intrigue

I bet this is a cool book