PTA OOC

1235»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Now, now, everyone. Play nicely. We'll never be able to defeat Team Aqua if we just stand here and argue about whether something is a euphemism or not.
  • edited 2012-02-26 14:28:06
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    @cybernetic_squid: Well, feel free to join in the Pokémon chat thread if you want to. We could use some more people there. And if there's anything you're curious about, feel free to look it up on Bulbapedia. They have a lot of information there.
  • edited 2012-02-26 14:37:47
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Ok, I can't find what program Cygan used, so firing up Photoshop for the battle
    ^All right. Looking forward to it!

^^Like I said on the first page of the Pokémon chat thread, I'd recommend HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White. And I just found out today that they're making a sequel to Black/White later this year. But this conversation might be better suited for the Pokémon chat thread.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Hang on, need to correct the map. I forgot that Sebastion was near the grunt
  • edited 2012-02-26 15:13:29
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗

Now make commands in the main thread. Arrow direction states what way you can jump down the ledges while it still counts as normal land. Otherwise, consider it an obstacle that you can pass through (I believe those take two movement to get through)
  • someone please remind me what moves Sebastian knows? d_b
    Astonish, Ember, Minimize, and Smog.
  • I would use Ember but using that in a forest just seems like a poor idea.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Sorry, was struck with a bout of... Not going to TMI - While I was trying to find Sebastian's stats (I did find them :D)

I'll have the turn done pretty quick
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Gah, sorry about this. First time I ran a campaign >.<

I didn't realize Smog would affect a half of the map (that thing has a 3 meter RADIUS), so it's a bit of a mess
  • edited 2012-02-26 18:24:13
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Wait, gah, I forgot something >.<

breathe and relax

Really really sorry about how long this is taking. I took the wrong stat for HP (the raw stat, not the actual stat), so it was KO city
  • edited 2012-02-26 18:34:19
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Well, it's your first time. I understand completely. But if you need help planning things out, I can do that on occasion. Of course, you don't need to share anything game-breaking or anything you want to keep secret. I can definitely help with the manual referencing and number-crunching, though.
  • edited 2012-02-26 18:39:31
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗

Ok, NOW I got it

Once again REALLY sorry about this mess

^ Thanks Gator. Currently I'm trying to find out what counts as a trainer's special defense so I can tell how much damage the Grunt took >.< Considering how much health humans have, I know that he isn't critically wounded or anything
    Yeah, he's probably fine unless he's poisoned.

The manual doesn't seem to say which stat to use, but I'd personally use WIS as Special Def.
  • edited 2012-02-26 18:50:47
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Alright, so assuming that, then he's basically only affected by the coughing :D

And seriously, Sebastian is a freaking bomb with that attack XD

EDIT: Also, sorry about Cammy. Cammy can only use Tackle if she moves at least one space (that includes backing up one then moving forward one), so since Poochyena was there before she could move, and you only ordered her to go to Poochyena and Tackle it, nothing could be done
    Fair enough. Honestly, I was more concerned about the Smog getting her, what with its range. Thanks for picking out a safe spot for Sebastian to use it!
  • edited 2012-02-26 19:00:33
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    You're welcome :3

And in the future these maps will be bigger >.> Holy crap that range is immense!
    And now I must apologize for not realizing it was time for our next turn (I think). I've got mine down.
  • edited 2012-02-26 19:46:06
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗

Really sorry Gator. The Random Number Gods just did not like you today

On the plus side, Sebastian can't be touched

On the down side, it's a grunt. You two have no Pokemon between you and Poochy

On the plus side again, you could probably punt it or something

If you two win this and Sebastian levels up (don't see how he wouldn't), I'll think of something to bring Cammy up to the same level
  • if I use ember do I risk burning down the whole forest.
  • edited 2012-02-26 19:57:01
    ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    No you do not, Globe

Hell, even if there were a bunch of trees nearby, in a battle I'd probably make it so you'd have to roll 18 or higher on a 1d20 if you attacked the tree directly
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ...Oh heh. I just realized

No, the Poochyena isn't burned. It's just that the Ember attack was pretty strong
    Don't worry. I figured you'd tell us if they were. You didn't say anything special happened with Smog, either, since they weren't poisoned.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Yeah, but I'd tell it with imagery unless it was your own Pokemon. I realized that the angry red marks could be interpreted as Poochy being burnt
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Should we switch to a, "Post whenever you can" format instead of sessions?
  • Yes.

Also, I can't do anything else right now, because I'm doing a Pathfinder session that we randomly decided to start just now.

Sorry.

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Alright Superglobe

So from now on, guys, just post whenever you can. I'll try to have things ready on my phone so I can do battles on the go for you guys
    Actually, that might not be a bad idea. It might be an effective solution to the problem of 3-week dry periods where no one's schedule is in line with each other's.

And if you still need help with the number-crunching, let me know. There are some days when I'm not here, but most of the time, I'll be open for assistance.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Thanks Gator, I'll make sure to let you know

And Sebastian really needs a file with everything straightened out D:
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Uh, guys, don't forget it's a post whenever you have the time rp now, not a set date

Unless SuperGlobe has been too busy this week =/
  • I forgot, honestly.

I've been busy. I'm sorry. :(

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    It's ok

You'll need to post in PTA Main when you get a chance though :P
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    =/ Lazuli...
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Lazuli :|
  • Crmirnauc :|

I'm sorry, I'm busy.

I'll try to get a post in before the weekend. 

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Good :|
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Quite :|
  • And on the first day, God said

and there was light, and he saw that it was good. Quite good.