Forum Software FAQs [updated 23 Jan 2013]

12346»

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Wheatley said:

Can your own posts be removed when you double post or anything like that?

You mean, like, the ability to delete your own post? The problem is, the way Vanilla's set up, there's no way to give someone a delete button on their posts without giving them a delete button on EVERY post, which...yeah.
    Irene said:

Would it be possible for a single poster to switch the forum design from a drop down menu? Namely cause this version is hard for me to read due to the font/smaller text.

User-selectable themes? I always liked the idea, but I don't know how hard it would be to implement. I wonder if there's a Vanilla add-on...
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    I don't know if there is one either. It'd be really neat to have available.

If it can't be done, no biggie. But I love those~
  • If it can't be, I think you can change what text displays on this forum by just changing your browser's default.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    You can make the text bigger in Firefox and Chrome by pressing Ctrl-+. Ctrl-0 resets the zoom level. I don't know if IE supports this (though it might now). Safari should support it as well.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    I know of the zoom thing. It's the font too, mind you.

But eh, if you can make that available, cool. If not, I'll survive~
  • Knight of Centralia | May those who accept their fate find happiness, may those who defy it find glory.

How do I opt in to the NSFW section?

I want to discuss ta-tas.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    SHE ASKED A QUESTION, PEOPLE!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Heh, that was a legitimately helpful reminder, since I saw this on my phone earlier and forgot to come back to it when I got to my laptop. Thanks Imi.

Deepweb Damsel granted NSFW access.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Actually, I'd like NSFW access as well, now that you've reminded me.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Access granted.
    my work is done here
  • Would it be possible to separate the activity page? Like, put the list of posts and the status thingies in separate tabs.
  • I'd presume this would be on the actual profile page, not the Activity page for everyone.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Give me nsfw so I can talk about dildos please!
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    lol I'm going to regret this later (^_^;
    Done.
    yay thank youuuu
    Now you can find the NSFW thread and see all the horrible things we've posted there.
    :O
    Since non-moderators are not able to create Members Only threads, I learned that if I have a thread that becomes Members Only, I am unable to edit the OP. Just a software quirk I guess. :)
    I went ahead and relaxed the restrictions on the Members Only category, so any logged-in user should be able to create and edit threads there now.

Let me know if it still doesn't work, 'cause that probably means I did something wrong. :P
    ok thank you :)
    Why is there a search feature if it literally Bonks every single time?
    The search feature has never been much help, if any.
    I don't quite understand the technical details, but...basically, Lee made a change to the way the database works to attempt to cut down on the 500 errors a few months back. But the Search function relied on the old way, so it just sorta craps out now.

We kinda figured this was an acceptable trade-off because the search function wasn't very useful and we're hoping to eventually install a better one anyway.
    yay :)
  • edited 2013-07-30 00:44:27
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    If there is a General category, why isn't there a Captain category? :o It would help with the pirate RP I will maybe do in the future. :)
    It may be convenient if youtube links don't automatically embed, since embeds cause pages to lag but I am not sure it is possible to post a youtube link and not have it embed.
  • Miko said:

It may be convenient if youtube links don't automatically embed, since embeds cause pages to lag but I am not sure it is possible to post a youtube link and not have it embed.

remove the http:// bit
    :o
  • edited 2013-11-07 00:57:40
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    not important or anything but would it be possible to enable html for formatting on activity posts?
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    pics in sigs: is it a thing that can be done? more details at 9
    Yes. But no huge pictures!
  • yeah a whole bunch of people have it

the sigs use html have a blast
    It was animated, too.
    I'll go on record as saying I thought that was pretty funny, even if everybody else was annoyed by it.
  • I'll go on record as saying I thought that was pretty funny, even if everybody else was annoyed by it.

i was simultaneously annoyed and amused
    I have my settings so that images are stripped out of signatures

I didn't even see it until now
    I've thought about adding a character limit to the signatures, but it would be kind of pointless because they support HTML and CSS formatting, so the number of characters displayed isn't always the number of characters you enter anyway.

Not to mention that someone wanting an obnoxiously large signature would just use an image instead. :P
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Would it be possible to implement a customized 404 page with a "Route 404" shield graphic, I wonder?
    only if you're caucasian, it seems
  • Well that'd be just peachy.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    How possible would it be to allow > 5 tags to a thread?
  • edited 2014-11-30 01:27:12
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...this thread's gonna need to be completely rewritten now.
    Closing and un-pinning this one until I get the chance to start a new one for 2.1.
This discussion has been closed.