Doctor Who

Comments

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    I only picked it up after the Dalek was going "Eggs" to Rory
  • edited 2012-09-08 17:02:26
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^ That could have been just a coincidence though; it was trying to say "exterminate".

Just seen "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship".  On the whole, very silly and amusing, but I found the Doctor acting as judge, jury and executioner slightly troubling.
    Just seen "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship".  On the whole, very silly and amusing, but I found the Doctor acting as judge, jury and executioner slightly troubling.
    The old man butchered 1000 Silurians.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Yeah, I know.  I get why he did it, it just didn't really sit right with me.  Especially not given how he acts tremendously self-righteous whenever anyone else draws a gun or fires a missile.
    Fouria G said:

Yeah, I know.  I get why he did it, it just didn't really sit right with me.  Especially not given how he acts tremendously self-righteous whenever anyone else draws a gun or fires a missile.

I guess so
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Spoilers; don't watch this until you've seen the episode.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    So it occurs to me that the reason the writers were careful to point out that Isaac was a Marshal and not a Sheriff is that Sheriff is an elected position, and as such it wouldn't have made sense for him to pass that title onto the Doctor.

Also I'm procrastinating on watching the latest episode for some reason.
  • I still need to see forward from DoaS.
  • The autumn series finale in this Saturday. I have been having nightmares over this episode.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-09-27 18:25:56
    Karen Gillan's on Conan tonight on TBS.

Probably to promote the finale. God help me if there's spoilers.
    Tre said:

Karen Gillan's on Conan tonight on TBS.

Probably to promote the finale. God help me if there's spoilers.
    Its Karen's and Arthur's last episode.
  • Not that spoiler. I already got that. :P
  • snape kills dumbledore with rosebud, which was his sled because it wasn't actually another planet it was the future
    The Statue of Liberty is a weeping angel.
    Oh dear.  I'm not sure I liked that episode. :(
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Me either...

Is it bad that I thought something along the lines of "damn you Moffat" when Rory got sent back in time after all?
  • edited 2012-09-29 22:10:12
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    No, that was really mean of him.  Kinda saw it coming, though.
    Anonus said:

Me either...

Is it bad that I thought something along the lines of "damn you Moffat" when Rory got sent back in time after all?
    You were supposed to think that.

Also I really loved the episode and the twist at the end.

Imo, Series 7 has been great so far.
  • Why do people in America assume that because I'm English that I'm some kind of Dr.Who groupie?  They look at me like I'm scum when I explain I don't really like it.  CURSES!  It's even more annoying when they continue to discuss it after I've made my stance clear.  As though because I'm English I must have at least seen every episode and committed them to memory.
  • edited 2012-10-01 00:40:43
    The sadness will last forever.
    I only watched Series 4 and 5...stopped watching because I don't have cable anymore.

Rory's letter to his dad, saying where he is (its in storyboard form)
    Re: "The Snowmen": It's Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons but with the Doctor instead of Calvin!

It's funny, I started the episode reluctant to watch it but now I crave more adventures--just as the Doctor similarly came around over the course of the episode. (That's not a spoiler, because we all know the Doctor would never stop adventuring for good.)

What about Clara Oswin Oswald? Up until the mention of  souffles, I thought they were just doing that RTD-era thing where they re-use an actor and justify it later on by saying they were distant relatives (cf. Eve Myles, Freema Agyeman), but now it seems she's going to be the major arc for the rest of the season.

What about Clara Oswin Oswald? Up until the mention of  souffles, I thought they were just doing that RTD-era thing where they re-use an actor and justify it later on by saying they were distant relatives (cf. Eve Myles, Freema Agyeman), but now it seems she's going to be the major arc for the rest of the season.
    I thought the same thing too
    You know, it didn't bother me until Alkthash pointed it out, but now Strax's hand-waved resurrection strikes me as a cop-out.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Dr. Whooves
    I have Ten and Eleven's sonic screwdrivers

Sometimes I want to point them at each other
    Wouldn't that break the universe or something?

Dr. Whooves

This was also my thinking.

Is there some kinda crazy "don't cross the streams" rules in Dr. Who that gets broken out as a Deus Ex Machina whenever the writers need a quick resolution?

'Cause I though the sonic screwdriver itself already kind of was that thing.

Well if you point two sonic devices at each other and activate them they make a really loud noise

It's the five-year-old in me wanting to do this
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

You know, it didn't bother me until Alkthash pointed it out, but now Strax's hand-waved resurrection strikes me as a cop-out.

TBH I thought it was hilarious, but apparently an explanation was written but then dropped.  If it was filmed I expect it will be on the DVD release.

Anyway, I thought the Christmas special was the best one yet.
    Agreed.
    It was better than last years one, thats for sure.
  • edited 2013-01-01 06:47:38

It was better than last years one, thats for sure.

^

I'm confused by why Clare chose "pond" as her one-word plea to the Doctor. It doesn't explain her situation well, nor does she know about Amy and Rory. I thought she would go with "children".
    Clara is Oswin Oswald. She must have known somehow...
    I don't think Oswin ever actually heard the name Pond, though, did she? Unless she got it from the Daleks (via the Pathweb, maybe?).

We don't know exactly who Clara/Oswin is or how much she knows.  If there's more than one version of her, it could have been a subconscious recollection from one of her other incarnations, or perhaps she knows more than she's letting on.  Alternatively, she could just have picked it because she wanted to give the Doctor a clue and she'd already mentioned danger, and it was just lucky the word meant something more to the Doctor.

i am feeling impatient for new episodes and we're not getting any until the end of March.

i kind of wish they'd bring these guys back.  We haven't seen hide nor hair from them since a very brief appearance in Torchwood S4, and i almost never see fans discussing them.  They were one of the more creative uses of time travel on the show, and i felt they had a slightly Lovecraftian flavour at times, which i liked.
    Got caught up

I don't think I like Clara as a character very much
    What do you know

The Cybermen weren't just weaker Daleks this time around...
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The Doctor's name! I bet I know what it will be!

Allons-y
  • no it'll be D.R. Hoo
    I'm wondering if it would be "The Doctor" (no, seriously)...I mean, he chose it...

Of course there's the obvious "cop-out" factor against it...
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    The ending makes perfect sense to me 8D
  • ...you didn't actually think they'd give a name, did you?  Absolutely anything they gave would be an anticlimax.  Besides, we already know his name, at least, the name he actually goes by: it's "The Doctor".  I mean, yes, there's some other name starting with Theta Sigma or whatever, but who really cares what he went by on Gallifrey?  It's really only interesting in-story as a secret password, not its actual value.
    I had one of two guesses: a name wouldn't be given, or that his name would turn out to be "The Doctor". He chose it, so it's his rightful name...
  • the minute the new doctor was announced my dad messaged me "did you see the new doctor? (sister's name redacted) will be devastated"