Upgrading to Vanilla 2.1

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Incidentally, the site is rendering in Lucida when I use it on Mom's lappy (which has Windows 7 on it).
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Same here, Windows 8.1
  • edited 2014-11-30 06:50:55

when i try to post links vanilla removes them

http://www.grailed.com/listings/21473-boris-bidjan-saberi-acid-sprayed-calf-double-zip

like so

wait let me sandbox this
  • Ok, if you just post a link in a post and nothing else it removes it
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    An anti-spambot feature, i'm guessing?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That's my guess. I glanced for a setting to disable it but I haven't found one yet.
  • oh

now i have to actually click the thread title to go to it

i can't just click in the same horizontal row as the thread title
  • FYI i have been able to clear my subject line

this was a triumph

i'm making a note here: huge success
    'Click to enlarge' no longer works on oversized images.  Clicking an oversized image now takes you to that image's url.
  • I am not sure if the change was part of the upgrade to Vanilla 2.1 or it was made before and I just missed it, but I am glad to see that "Unspecified" is now a gender option. Thanks to whoever made that possible.
  • Tachyon said:

'Click to enlarge' no longer works on oversized images.  Clicking an oversized image now takes you to that image's url.

Just encountered this on mobile, too.
  • LW said:

I am not sure if the change was part of the upgrade to Vanilla 2.1 or it was made before and I just missed it, but I am glad to see that "Unspecified" is now a gender option. Thanks to whoever made that possible.

It seems that it was part of the new version of Vanilla.

...still proud to say that IJBM implemented it first. :P
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It was part of the new version of Vanilla. I downloaded it and installed it in XAMPP recently, and it was there.
  • kill living beings
    the way links on images wouldn't work before was annoying, wonder how that goes now
    Gonna switch to Vanilla Blue momentarily to see if the hacks need to be applied to it...
  • kill living beings
    lol the sidebar displays completely underneath all other content (this is bad) (fuck this)
  • edited 2014-12-01 00:10:41
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    they do, if we want to switch over to that scheme

(to be honest, Vanilla Blue seems to play nicer with the current/desired layout than Vanilla Poppy does)

lol the sidebar displays completely underneath all other content (this is bad) (fuck this)

refresh the page man

I switched back to Poppy when I saw Blue not playing nice with the tweaks

I think Lee tweaked Poppy itself and would also need to apply the tweaks to Blue?
    Yeah, Blue will look weird unless I tweak it first.
    And it seems to work now.
    I'm trying it to see if it works at the moment...

why are we on this color scheme again?

Among other reasons, the new Vanilla layout seems designed specifically to work with it...
    Moving this here so I can unpin the other thread:
    Tachyon said:

How possible would it be to allow > 5 tags to a thread?

• whatever thing blanks out posts seems to do so in a random and inconsistent manner, i think it should be done away with soonish
  • seriously im so fucking pissed, i can't even tell why posts are getting wiped i thought it was because of links but that doesn't seem to be it i give the fuck up
    naney said:

seriously im so fucking pissed

please calm down
    as for the random blanking

it's not happening on my end...
  • i am calm irl i just want my post to indicate my frustration/bewilderment on this
    That's the problem...it's gonna be hard to pin down the cause since it doesn't seem to be reproducible...
  • my guess would be that admins and mods cant trigger it because such accounts would never be spambots
  • the page not refreshing to show new posts when i make a post is really being kinda disorienting.  makes it hard to know if i've talked right past someone in a conversation.
    Yeah, that.

i forget, were live updates causing problems before?  i can't remember why they were disabled.
  • Why is update on post no longer a thing?
    Tachyon said:

Yeah, that.

i forget, were live updates causing problems before?  i can't remember why they were disabled.

they just seemed kind of awkward
    What's the possiblity of getting some HTTPS up in here? Somasis showed me a place where you can get a free SSL certificate
    I've heard that StartCom's customer service isn't the greatest, but still, free is tempting.
    Would there be a way to take the "Heapers' Hangout" text off of the Recent Discussions page and get rid of the "Comments" text after OPs too?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    When are you going to re-enable the "Who's Online" toggle?
  • edited 2014-12-02 01:06:38
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It's still here, but it's a different plugin now. See the icons on the right side of the page, under "Online Now"?
    I think he means the ability to opt out
    Yeah, I do.
    It's enabled, it's just harder to find.

Profile > Edit Profile > Online Settings
    I had no intent on using it myself ATM. I was just curious.

Thanks for telling me, though.
    You're welcome.
  • I have not been keeping up with this thread, but I'm currently unable to change my signature.

It says it's saved my changes and then it just reverts to what I had before.
  • I'm not a big fan of the new color scheme, or the fact that threads I haven't ever read don't show up as unread.
  • I also think the new color scheme looks fuck-ugly, if we're being honest.
  • it's got patches of brightness, within other brightness.  Not enough contrast.