The LGBT Thread

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    neophallus
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    what.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It is an interesting word, isn't it...?
    does it mean anything?
    It is the technical term for the male organ constructed in female-to-male sex reassignment surgery.
    Oh I see.

Is there a neovagina, then?
    Apparently so.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I wonder what would happen if a sex change happened before the second puberty did? Maybe nothing since apparently many trans men never get penises (this is difficult, expensive, and less 'advanced' than the female version) and I have even heard of trans male pregnancy.
    I wondered because it seems like it is always hormones, then surgery, instead of the opposite. But, I suppose a surgery is more 'drastic' and also its effects are immediate and permanent. :)
    Well, the body needs to be "prepared" before it can be successfully altered.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I have heard that taking hormones super early like that makes transitioning a hell of a lot easier.

You won't grow the set of genitals you want, but you will look a hell of a lot like your preferred gender.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I often regret not transitioning early

I feel like I've missed my only shot at passing convincingly

Why did I have to be in denial for so long over something I knew when I was 6?
    You were 6. It is not your fault. Most transsexuals don't get to do it before their birth sex puberty but I think they "pass" anyway in due time.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I guess

I just kinda regret not having a female childhood

Feels like I was robbed
    You were always female on the inside so that is what matters. I'm sure that being told to be a guy was not fun but childhood is overrated anyway and you can be a womanchild, which is similar except you get to do all the mysterious grown-up things that children *want* to do. You have a majority of your life to be the gender you want. :)
  • Besides, society generally does not do a good job with the socialization of female children. I think most people would be better off without it ;)
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Fantastic to hear.
    I feel quite happy now.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    If a bi person loves a transgendered person, are they still bi or are they pan?
    I honestly think that the distinction between bisexuality and pansexuality is a pretty nebulous one most of the time...
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Look, just

Like who you like, and call yourself what you want

And if someone tries to tell you your label is wrong, punch them in the face

because seriously? Fuck labels.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Okay.
  • edited 2013-08-18 05:03:05
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ Exactly. Labels are there as a convenient shorthand so that you don't have to explain everything in painstaking detail. When they go beyond that and start hemming you in, don't bother. People make categories, not vice-versa; don't let them make you.

^ Good.
    So the charter school my sister goes to has a "drag closet", so kids whose families aren't accepting of their desire to present as women can go to school and changed into women's clothes for the day.

It sounds like a pretty cool place, tbh
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    aww...
  • So, as of now, it is pretty much forbidden in my country to mention that gay people and gay relationships exist, much less to claim publicly that they are normal. As it is corrupting the fragile children's minds
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Beholder said:

So, as of now, it is pretty much forbidden in my country to mention that gay people and gay relationships exist, much less to claim publicly that they are normal. As it is corrupting the fragile children's minds

Is it wrong that I see nothing wrong with this so long as the same stigma is applied to heterosexual relationships and other relationships?

So the charter school my sister goes to has a "drag closet", so kids whose families aren't accepting of their desire to present as women can go to school and changed into women's clothes for the day.

It sounds like a pretty cool place, tbh
    See, things like this are why we need to have everyone dress in a way that obscures sex and gender.
  • Aliroz said:

Beholder said:

So, as of now, it is pretty much forbidden in my country to mention that gay people and gay relationships exist, much less to claim publicly that they are normal. As it is corrupting the fragile children's minds

Is it wrong that I see nothing wrong with this so long as the same stigma is applied to heterosexual relationships and other relationships?
    To he perfectly honest, and I'm sorry to say this, but...

Yes.
    Aliroz this is kind of not a joke.

Beholder that is really sad. :(
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

I wasn't joking.

I am a bigot.
  • Aliroz said:

Miko said:

I wasn't joking.

I am a bigot.
    please leave and don't come back.
  • Aliroz said:

Miko said:

I wasn't joking.

I am a bigot.

I really really disagree with his opinion

But we already know Aliroz beats up on himself really, really often. So can you not?
  • edited 2013-09-07 17:18:56
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^ But you would agree that disproportionately harming a minority group for thinking or feeling differently is wrong, correct? You are asexual and not on the gender binary. Consider what your situation might be in somewhere like Russia right now. Now consider what other people must be going through.

Fairness and kindness are paramount, are they not?
  • But we already know Aliroz beats up on himself really, really often. So can you not?
    I'm really sick of the "pity me and my ignorance, woe is me, I am such a terrible person, but here's something incredibly, deliberately stupid" shtick. He can either leave or he can stop it, and I sincerely doubt he's ever going to do the latter.
  • But we already know Aliroz beats up on himself really, really often. So can you not?
    I'm really sick of the "pity me and my ignorance, woe is me, I am such a terrible person, but here's something incredibly, deliberately stupid" shtick. He can either leave or he can stop it, and I sincerely doubt he's ever going to do the latter.
    Would've been swell if you could have informed him of this at some other point in a more reasonable manner. To be honest you kind of sound like Forsythe right now.

• Kexruct said:

But we already know Aliroz beats up on himself really, really often. So can you not?
    Would've been swell if you could have informed him of this at some other point in a more reasonable manner. To be honest you kind of sound like Forsythe right now.
    I'm not feeding this.

I said what I wanted to say, he's free to act on it however he wants.
  • Really, I have put up with it for a while, but it makes me very uncomfortable.
  • edited 2013-09-07 17:26:40
    What's he going to learn if we put up with something that annoys us for a while only to just snap at him without explanation?
  • Kexruct said:

What's he going to learn if we put up with something that annoys us for a while only to just snap at him without explanation?

Nothing, but that's not what's gone on. He's been told about this before--both here and on TVTropes--this is not an isolated incident, and this is not the first time someone's said something about it, either politely, rudely, directly, or indirectly.

The real question is how long we're going to put up with something that makes several people uncomfortable just to spare a single person's feelings. Especially when said person clearly doesn't care about anyone else's feelings.
  • That's a little harsh, don't you think? Aliroz may be annoying some of the time but he's not a sociopath.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Aliroz, I don't know if you know this, but Russia's "don't say gay" law (as it is colloquially known) is a very dangerous policy that has ruined and even ended lives. It's a textbook example of erasure.
  • Kexruct said:

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

Not really.
    (2015 self)

^^^ But you would agree that disproportionately harming a minority group for thinking or feeling differently is wrong, correct? You are asexual and not on the gender binary. Consider what your situation might be in somewhere like Russia right now. Now consider what other people must be going through.

Fairness and kindness are paramount, are they not?
    Yes.  I just wish that people didn't care about sexuality and gender; that it was as little of an issue as hair color or whether the number of hairs on your head is divisible by seventeen or foot length.  I wish people would just stop talking about it. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish that it wasn't an issue and that it didn't have any effect on how people treated one another.  It shouldn't be in your mind when you talk with someone; it shouldn't be a consideration at all; and maybe banning people from bringing up the issue is the only way for prejudices to die and people to stop caring about what sexuality anyone other than you and your beloved(s) have.

All people should be treated fairly and with kindness.

I think that the best way for that to happen is for people to stop acting as if their differences were so important.

Aliroz said:

Miko said:

I wasn't joking.

I am a bigot.
    I will.
  • edited 2013-09-07 17:33:32
    ^^I think

it'd be a great idea

if you'd calm the hell down
  • Kexruct said:

^^I think

it'd be a great idea

Honestly dude, I think you are the one that needs to chillax some
  • Kexruct said:

^^I think

it'd be a great idea

Honestly dude, I think you are the one that needs to chillax some
    When someone's insulting a person I consider my friend?

Like, I agree that what he does is annoying. But I see no reason to be a jackass about it.
  • dude it is your friend who is being the jackass and making people uncomfortable