The LGBT Thread

Comments

• Is there something wrong if I kinda of identify as bisexual to a certain degree? Like I've never felt the urge to sleep with someone of my same gender, but there's that weird/fantasy/kink-ish zone that it appeals to me. There's never been enough real world attraction that I really have ever wanted to act have sex with a lady. If that makes sense. 
  • oh boy, I get to be an awkward page topper, too!
  • You're probably somewhere closer to Bi on the kinsley scale, than normal people.

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yeah, there are degrees. I, for instance, an pretty solidly in the centre, but most people (including most bisexual people) do not. I would say that while you may be predominantly heterosexual, that does not make you exclusively so.
  • Yeah, that's what I figure (which I honestly find to be a weird thing to experience. While I believe that that sexuality is flux, I feel I've been told so much that it's strictly one or the other, if feels difficult to get out of that mindset). That's why I've just called my sexuality...sexuality since I don't really know or feel like putting a label on it. Just because I don't feel like calling myself heterosexual since it doesn't feel exclusive but I'm not sure if bi is the best word to use.
    Well, you could say that you are mostly heterosexual, which seems reasonably accurate.
  • Hmm...true. Ha. I know it's silly, but it feels good to finally talk about this with other people.
  • Well, you could say that you are mostly heterosexual, which seems reasonably accurate.

But then, when the nights are long and the moon is full. Jumpingzombie sheds the skin of a heterosexual and Bi-ness invades.

• ^I'm a were-bisexual
  • ^I'm a were-bisexual

Best orientation.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    This sounds like the basis for some sort of Heap hentai.
  • edited 2013-05-24 17:22:26
    "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens

Is there something wrong if I kinda of identify as bisexual to a certain degree? Like I've never felt the urge to sleep with someone of my same gender, but there's that weird/fantasy/kink-ish zone that it appeals to me. There's never been enough real world attraction that I really have ever wanted to act have sex with a lady. If that makes sense. 

You don't have to rationalize it. Sexuality is irrational. It's wrong to identify as something if it leads to actions you don't really want ("Gosh,I'm bisexual, better have sex with a lady."), but there's nothing wrong with fantasizing about women while dating a dude.
    Very true. Labels are limiting by definition, and treating them as any more than a rough description of oneself is highly problematic.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm with Centie and have fantasies that don't involve her...sometimes I feel guilty about that, but she's okay with that...
  • edited 2013-05-24 18:40:15
    Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Yeah, labels kind of force you into a box that might not fit too well.

I chose gay because 9 times out of 10 it's a proper label. I would be lying, however, if I told you I didn't find the female form attractive at times.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Labels are laaaaaaaaaaaaame
  • I think I am rather close to bisexual, if in a weird way. Namely, I consider female body much, much more sexually attractive than a male body, and seem to be attracted to females - in as far as I a capable of sexual attraction. Yet when I think of sex, my "default" mental image is sex between male and female. Even though the male does not greatly interest me, it takes conscious effort to imagine sex differently.

So I guess a bisexual semi-asexual it is :)
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    bump
    Are you just gonna bump this or are you gonna say something?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    She's going to say I'M A GAY GAYPERSON WHO HAS GAY SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH MY GAY LOVERS WHILE LISTENING TO MARVIN GAYE

or something like that

Alternatively: I just made that up
  • She's going to say I'M A GAY GAYPERSON WHO HAS GAY SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH MY GAY LOVERS WHILE LISTENING TO MARVIN GAYE

regardless of your orientation, if you're not tossing on Mr. Gaye when you're lovin, you're doing it wrong.

• edited 2013-06-03 22:09:41
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Are you just gonna bump this or are you gonna say something?
    I am an open book for you to write in. ^_^
    Then I am going to draw boobies on you
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Make them at least a B okay? :)
    Sure, gotcha
    Mo' said:

regardless of your orientation, if you're not tossing on Mr. Gaye when you're lovin, you're doing it wrong.

But what about ritual ambient and power violence?
  •  

Mo' said:

if you're not tossing on Mr. Gaye when you're lovin, you're doing it wrong.

Mo' said:

Mo' said:

if you're not tossing on Mr. Gaye when you're lovin, you're doing it wrong.

...there are many definitions of the word "queer."

Keep this in mind.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
  • i actually have that comic bookmarked
  • the Penny Arcade Guys being dumb about gender doesn't really shock me.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    so i guess his argument is that you can present as whatever you want and he'll respect you for it but that doesn't change the physical reality of your body

huh
    gamers
  • I never understood the appeal of PA.

~shrug~

• Bunny said:

so i guess his argument is that you can present as whatever you want and he'll respect you for it but that doesn't change the physical reality of your body

huh
    I think his argument is that he's a dick.
  • Bunny said:

huh
    Physical reality of a popcorn machine, you can not serve cotton candy, you serve popcorn!
  • I like and have great respect for the creators of PA.

That said... seriously Gabe, what the hell?
  • Mo' said:

Bunny said:

huh
    I think his argument is that he's a dick.

• Just read the newspost, improved things slightly. What it looks like to me is that he really put his foot in his mouth.
  • This

"My reaction when I feel backed into corner is to be an asshole. It’s essentially how I defend myself. It’s been that way since was in elementary school. I’m 36 now. Maybe it’s finally time to try and let some of that shit go."

in particular stood out.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    it's the same thing he did with the dickwolves fiasco
  • This isn't without precedent so I don't know why people are surprised. Apologizing might make it okay if he wouldn't do it again, but he probably will.
  • edited 2013-06-20 19:28:32
    @anonus
    And I distinctly recall us, well least most of us, agreeing everybody pretty much overreacted about that.
  • It's not overreacting to be irritated at somebody on the internet who is never going to see your irritation anyway.
  • edited 2013-06-20 19:28:47
    Mo' said:

This isn't without precedent so I don't know why people are surprised. Apologizing might make it okay if he wouldn't do it again, but he probably will.

I don't think he's ever set a precedent for transphobia though. Just acting like an idiot when he says something stupid and people call him on it. I do that all the time and you guys don't hate me.
  • edited 2013-06-20 19:30:03
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^^ Well, isn't that forcing someone to prove a negative? That's a damned if you do, damned if you don't arrangement, and I prefer not to put people in that kind of bind even if what I think that they did was stupid, rude and hideously insensitive.
  • "I was mad" isn't really an excuse for being a dick. I say this as someone who's been in that position myself multiple times.