Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
  • edited 2014-07-03 22:37:03
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

Queen Victoria of england gave this to one of her bridesmaids. Pretty, but a turkey would have been hilarious.
    (2015 self)
    Waaaaaaaaant

(2015 self)
    (2015 self)
    (2015 self)
    (2015 self)
    (2015 self)
    So! in Ck2, as the king of Hungary, my king of Hungary character Salamon Arpad had ten kids with his wife in twenty years, but never really liked her, although he did stop all plots to kill her because yeah. He snapped when she was caught trying to poison their son Andrus, middle child and inheritor of squat even through gavelkind. He imprisoned her, divorced her, and refused to ransom her.

He then matrimonally married the queen of Aragon and fell in love with her, also took up gardening, and tried to increase his learning because hers was good and his stank. For some reason, even after five years, the queen of Aragon was not yet pregnant. Seriously, all the girls wanted King Salmon of Hungary but he was all "But I'm in wuv, puppies! doopa doo" because that's how people talk when they are in love. Salamon got a sweet piety rewards, which he sorely needed after the embarasing affair when he had to kill the pope because the pope was all like "Jurn men kroosaid blarghadaeghadarg" and Salamon was all like "but half of my allies are sunni and on the wrong side of this campaign blargafarf!" so to avoid excommunication, he killed the pope.

And then the queen of Aragon dies without ever getting pregnant and Salamon goes all depressed and celinate . Also, the holy roman emperor murders Salamon's son in law, ruining his alliance with Byzantium, and poor Odon is the only one of Salamon's kids not to either be betrothed to a genius, be betrothed to a prince or princess, or have land already but Soon has a claim on the holy roman empire so of course war happens and all the money from the last 25 years goes into mercenaries because screw you kids, them HRE has got on my last nerve.

Also, a celibate lady asked Salamon to marry her and Salamon was all " yeah, double celibacy marriage! Take that, unwanted complications down the road"

And then my computer time was running out so I had Salamon commit suicide and now Hungary is divided between nine siblings and the tenth is thiiiiiis close to winning the war and becoming the Holy Roman Emperor.

Because screw making a unified empire, I just want to watch things fall apart.

Man, this is like the most evil game of CK2 anyone has ever played.
  • edited 2014-07-08 18:07:52
    (2015 self)

I didn't know you could just axe up the pope in CK2

I had a dang good spymaster. Who, after the assassination, got assassinated by assassins from the papacy. They also tried to kill Salamon, it just ended up maiming him, which eventually healed to just wounded which healed to just scarred. And they did take Salamon's second wife hostage, but Aragon plus Poland Plus Hungary plus the byzantine empire was a fight the papacy was smart enough not to take on, so they just asked Salamon for a 799 gold ransom.

Also, Salamon would have had a crusade against him if he hadn't given up one of his duchies to the papacy and given up church taxes and free investiture.

Also, the Queen of Aragon's time in prison got her I forget which disease but she died from it.

And now, the papacy hates all of Salamon's kids, especially Csongor who was educated by a sunni so he could become dunno and thus marry a genius lowborn sunni daughter of a dunno courtier. So, now Csongor is dunno with a genius Sunni wife who now has consumption.

Also, going celibate and marrying a celibate girl helped improve my relations with the papacy because Salamon was only 43 years old and I think the papacy wanted to have confidence that Salamon would have no more kids.

So, Yeah, you can Axe the pope, but there are lots of consequences. I'm not sure whether Salamon would have lived that much longer before a second assassination attempt happened which he probably wouldn't have survived.
    (2015 self)

(2015 self)
    As Kexruct said in his thread:

Note: You're allowed to respond to anything I say here no matter how old it is. Just because I've said something else doesn't mean I still don't want to talk about other stuff.

ALSO if I don't reply I've still definitely read what you've said.
  • edited 2014-07-15 12:38:55
    (2015 self)
    Movies I hate (I have not seen all of these):

Elf,
    Any Mormon Comedy (The Singles Ward, The Home Teachers, Mobsters and Mormons, Baptists at our barbecue, etc.)
    Romantic movies
    Comedy movies
    Romantic comedies
    Anything involving Adam Sandler
    The Invention Of Lying
    Princess Diary
    Breakfast Club
  • I'm 100% with you on Elf and Adam Sandler (haven't seen Princess Diary or The Breakfast Club) but any romantic or comedy movie?
    (2015 self)
    naney said:

I'm 100% with you on Elf and Adam Sandler (haven't seen Princess Diary or The Breakfast Club) but any romantic or comedy movie?

Okay, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead is an exception, as is The Emperor's New Groove.
  • Romantic movies are generally the worst. 

there are some acceptable comedy movies, but a lot of them are also the worst. sometimes by virtue of also being romantic movies.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    who hurt you, Aliroz

who hurt you
    (2015 self)

who hurt you, Aliroz

who hurt you

Morgan Hill, it was Morgan Hill!

http://melscreativecorner.blogspot.com/2013/06/cherry-almond-ice-cream.html
  • edited 2014-07-16 17:07:13
    (2015 self)

My post from net neutrality.

apml, ba'y qdndfvnhx ep yhb; hck, rwsp naeto, nha kdvpncpr wecfs tiuck rws vucrrt tahz iic xarblxlot mv sm.  wyxf'u sumc, to b qaak bdb'v puvp.
    (2015 self)
    I remember when I was a little kid thinking that The Swan Princess and its sequels were fantastic, and I thought that Disney was the imitators, because Cinderella/Snow White/Sleeping Beauty looked so much better and  Cinderella was so much better that clearly it had to have come second.

I also thought Rookie of the Year was a good movie.
    (2015 self)
    Also, for some raeson, I had the idea that The Little Mermaid was awful because the fish talked in it, and little Rozzy knew that fish were calm and quiet from fish tanks.  That was one of the things that I loved about fish as a very little kid, they were quiet and moved smoothly.  I always thought that they must be very peaceful.

For some reason, I could accept basically anything else in fantasy, but fish talking made little Rozzy go "nuh-uh!"
    (2015 self)
    (2015 self)
    You know, sometimes I hate the internet.
  • edited 2014-07-22 18:50:46
    (2015 self)
    Comment deleted for reasons of being cringeworthy.
    (2015 self)
    When I was a little kid, to me the amount of time a game took to load was a measure of how big it was. If it slowed the computer down and you had to uninstall other games to fit it in, it had to be something good.

You had a good feel for how much computer space games took up relative to one another. This game is as big as these four games combined, for example. You knew that you were choosing between games.

The longer a game's loading screens were, the more intense it was. JumpStart had basically no loading, Balder's Gate had much more loading. When a game had multiple disks, you knew it wasn't messing around.
  • An interesting way to think about it.

For me, gaming was mostly off of the internet or through a console/handheld for most of my childhood. Computer gaming off of a disk was limited to Carmen Sandiego fare. so I didn't get that. 
    (2015 self)
    Baldur's gate had three disks, Planescape Torment had a bunch. Baldur's gate two had at least three disks and also an expansion which was a disk in itself.

Now you can get Baldur's gate one and two with the expansion, Planescape Torment, The Temple Of Elemental Evil, Icewind Dale one and two, all on a two-disk set (install disk and play disk) without the bugs, crashes, and with shorter loading times.

That would have been at least twelve disks back in the day.
    (2015 self)

An interesting way to think about it.

For me, gaming was mostly off of the internet or through a console/handheld for most of my childhood. Computer gaming off of a disk was limited to Carmen Sandiego fare. so I didn't get that. 

Interesting. I never had consoles or handhelds growing up, only got a handheld in my teens, and the house's console happened in my early teens as well.

The only internet game was that one where you pick up stick figures and drop them.
    (2015 self)

That's, like, twelve different games and a miniseries.

The one with the castle, and sometimes the stick figures had battering rams. You somehow got archers later in the game.
    (2015 self)
    Okay, I organized 104 dvds by genre and then alphabetically within the genre in eighteen minutes, and then after that it took me 22 minutes to get them all on the shelves in the right place in the library.

Yay for mundane accomplishments!
    (2015 self)
    (2015 self)
    I suppose you haven't seen Full Metal Alchemist, verdad?
  • It's about this one kid trying to revive his mother and get his brother out of that tin can his spirit's locked in. The seven vices are in it, and there's this one guy called Armstrong who has a chin that can knock out skyscrapers. Also that one guy who did the terrible thing to his wife and child for fame and fortune, so everybody hates his guts.

That is the entirety of my knowledge about FMA. 

...Oh, and alchemy relies on equivalent exchange. The cost of a soul is another soul. The cost of three bagels and a jar of shrimp has to equal three bagels and a jar of shrimp. That is the rule that governs this universe.
  • Aliroz said:

Man, this is like the most evil game of CK2 anyone has ever played.

just wait until the "Child of Satan" event eventually fires.
    (2015 self)

It's about this one kid trying to revive his mother and get his brother out of that tin can his spirit's locked in. The seven vices are in it, and there's this one guy called Armstrong who has a chin that can knock out skyscrapers. Also that one guy who did the terrible thing to his wife and child for fame and fortune, so everybody hates his guts.

That is the entirety of my knowledge about FMA. 

...Oh, and alchemy relies on equivalent exchange. The cost of a soul is another soul. The cost of three bagels and a jar of shrimp has to equal three bagels and a jar of shrimp. That is the rule that governs this universe.

Watch the first 25 episodes of the 2003 anime, equivalent to the first ten episodes of the remake. Then, choose whether you want to watch the lower budget original with a completely different storyline from that point, or the remake which follows the comic/manga exactly.

But, the remake's first ten episodes are super rushed.

Oh, and don't let the first episodes (with cornello) annoy you, it gets better.
    (2015 self)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Pretty sure this may be relevant: http://instagram.com/p/rLKvlIGd-n/
    (2015 self)
    Theory:  The nameless first-person narrator of Red Harvest is actually Owen Taylor from The Big Sleep.

That's why they couldn't figure out his murder.  The guy never gives anybody any real information about his past.  NICE GOING, CONTINENTAL OP.  MAYBE IF YOU HADN'T BEEN SO DANG VAGUE ABOUT EVERYTHING, YOUR UNSOLVED MURDER WOULDN'T BE BUGGING READERS TO THIS DAY.

Also, Jean Vailjean's family actually are in one of the fantasy worlds that normal people don't know about (like in Harry Potter, Leven Thumps, Narnia, etc.)

Sorry for the spoilers, but, I mean, I spoiled a minor unaddressed plot point of a throwaway character in a 75 year old book.  
    (2015 self)
    Why is oklahoma called the sooner state?
    (2015 self)
    michigan = minnesota = wisconsin = wyoming.
    (2015 self)
    (2015 self)
    (2015 self)

• edited 2014-08-06 16:21:42
    (2015 self)
    imageimageimage
  • edited 2014-08-06 16:21:51
    (2015 self)
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited 2014-08-05 16:13:37
    (2015 self)
    So, the Pirate101 site has trivia quizzes, each one getting you 10 crowns if you get more than 75% of the answers right.  You can take 10 quizzes a day, for a maximum of 100 crowns.

Or, you can buy 2500 crowns for five dollars (ah, so they are an american company... one that always has the english spellings/definitions listed as correct {for example, they use the british Billion, and trapezium instead of trapezoid}, and they do the date in the british style).  Or 5000 crowns for 10 dollars, 1350 crowns for 25 dollars, 30,000 crowns for 50 dollars, or 60,000 crowns for 60 dollars in a summer sale that ends today.

Crowns are their in-game currency to unlock worlds/islands in their games, thus letting you find more quests, buy different things, fight different enemies and level up, and, in general, continue the story instead of just only playing the first world over.  Also, crowns are used to buy characters.  Ifyou accept a monthly fee and get a membership, you can go to all the worlds.  375 crowns unlocks an area, each world/island has many areas.  

Also, when you train your pet to be better at fighting, you can either wait an hour or two or three for the training to get done, or pay crowns to finish it early and still get the experience for your pet.  Also, crowns can buy potions that double the amount of experience you get from doing stuff for one hour.

With crowns, you can also buy all the cool items.

The other in-game currency is Gold, which you get from defeating enemies, and can buy useful stuff that's boring.  Crowns can be exchanged for gold, but not vice-versa.

A Crocagator pet is 2500 crowns.  A Crocagator mount is 7000 crowns. I am very good at trivia, and unwilling to give out real money for in-game currency.

So, yeah, doing 10 kiddie trivia quizzes a day, for 95 days, so I can ride a crocagator while being followed by my pet crocagator?  Heck yes.  

(Why don't I make several accounts and combine the crowns?  Because you cannot transfer crowns from one account to another.)

(also, if you have 60 crowns in Pirate101, you have 60 crowns in Wizard101, and 60 crowns in every game by that company.  It's the same for all games.)
    (2015 self)
    Trivia question:

Who wrote The Grapes of Wrath?
    Margaret Mitchell
    John Steinbeck
    Vladimir Nabokov
    Kurt Vonnegut