Drugs

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
  • edited 2012-10-05 18:58:30

^^ Yeah, getting high off of cough syrup is basically proof of a death wish.

A good tip is that if a hallucinogen is legal, it's because you'd have to be a complete fool to try it.
  • edited 2012-12-11 03:05:52
    been playing with research chemicals. MXE is better than ketamine and DXM (though not nearly as available as a bottle of cough syrup), and 25c-NBOMe trumps my shroom and acid trips visually, emotionally, and economically. i've been using dissociatives once or twice a week now and been enjoying the state of mind it puts me in.

cough syrup use isn't a death wish at all as i see it. it seems sketch as fuck (like drinking mouthwash, to those not informed) but dextromethorphan is a power chemical, and if cough syrups without aspirin or other chemicals added (just DXM) are taken, there's little to no risk. the reason why dxm is legal while remaining a powerful hallucinogen is twofold: first, the high itself is accompanied by some nausea. i've barfed maybe 25% of the times i've taken it. it's also relatively easy to have a "bad trip" on it. secondly, the cough syrup companies are making too much money off it to invent some new chemical and quit using DXM, at least soon. it works, and it works well. the abuse potential also remains relatively unknown, and recent propaganda has likely discouraged potential syrupheads from dipping their toes into the pool. still: i find the DXM trip to be more spiritually profound and psychologically beneficial for me as an individual than LSD (fun, but not the same...), weed (makes me cranky and tired), shrooms (nausea, and a bit too silly for serious exploration of the mind), or mdma (hahaha give me a break). i by no means advocate cough syrup abuse for you. and if you are curious, don't just open up your medicine cabinet and chug a bottle, because the wrong kind will kill ya. "if it's legal, you'd have to be a complete fool to try it" -- is that anything but FUD?

anyway, drugs are pretty interesting... i love seeing how they affect my mind or how my senses get warped around in various ways. they're also great to do with smart, creative, responsible friends in a town with nothing else. if you have the time, money, resources, and maturity, you really should try using a hallucinogen at least once. it may give you the insight you need to improve your life or turn around your depression! </drug advocacy>
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I like hearing about such things even if I don't indulge myself, it's fascinating. Especially insights like above.

Why is aspirin harmful, in this case, exactly?
  • Sizzurp killed Pimp C. That is more than enough reason for me not to try it.
  • Justice42 said:

I like hearing about such things even if I don't indulge myself, it's fascinating. Especially insights like above.

Why is aspirin harmful, in this case, exactly?
    the intended dose of cough syrup is a teaspoon full, so the aspirin to relieve cold-related pains is somewhat high to correspond to that. if someone were to drink an entire bottle of it, they'd be getting a lot of aspirin (grams and grams of the stuff) in their body, which is very hard on the liver.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Ah, so you are basically taking more of the same substance?
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Sizzurp killed Pimp C. That is more than enough reason for me not to try it.

that's because he probably ingested the cough syrup that contains acetaminophen (paracetamol for those of you who live outside the US.) That shit, in high doses, will not only kill you but it will kill you painfully. 
  • edited 2012-12-11 11:47:01
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Pimp C was found dead in his hotel room in Los Angeles on December 4, 2007. According to the Los Angeles County Coroner, Butler suffered respiratory depression due to an overdose of promethazine and codeine coupled with a preexisting sleep apnea condition. 

Well, we have an opiate involved. Added with promethazine, this can agitate an opiate's effects on the respiratory system which is how opiates kills you anyway. This is prescription stuff.

Regular OTC cough syrup to get high (DXM) won't kill you fucking dead like this -- as long as you get the cough syrup that's DXM-only, not the stuff adulterated with guafenesin or acetaminophen. 
  • edited 2012-12-11 12:27:02
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Acetaminophen will eat your liver more effectively than alcohol will (and almost as well as nasty plant poisons like amanitin can), and aspirin can cause bleeding and metabolic acidosis. I forget what all guaifenesin can do.

Also 

due to an overdose of promethazine and codeine 

lol purple drank :P
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    When I said cough syrup drinking was a death wish, I meant the stuff with acetaminophen in it. That will utterly destroy your liver, as others have said. Nasty stuff in high doses. That said, large amounts of NSAIDs can do nearly as much damage to your GI tract if you aren't careful. Aspirin is milder that way, but it can still thin your blood and screw up clotting so that you bleed more freely when you get an ulcer or something.

You learn a lot about this sort of thing when you have migraines.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, a lot of people who are on long-term NSAID therapy also have to take something like Prilosec or Prevacid to keep their stomachs from dissolving.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

When I said cough syrup drinking was a death wish, I meant the stuff with acetaminophen in it. That will utterly destroy your liver, as others have said. Nasty stuff in high doses. That said, large amounts of NSAIDs can do nearly as much damage to your GI tract if you aren't careful. Aspirin is milder that way, but it can still thin your blood and screw up clotting so that you bleed more freely when you get an ulcer or something.

You learn a lot about this sort of thing when you have migraines.
    Every once in a while you hear about a fucking moron who decides to end it all by taking a massive overdose of acetaminophen. Yeah, it'll kill you, just in such a slow and agonizingly painful way. 
  • bumping this old thread so ppl in the main heap dont have to hear about how md and weed is a really brilliant combination. but really. md i recommend
  • jesus forsythe post above me, feels like im in the past rn
  • sunn wolf said:

jesus forsythe post above me, feels like im in the past rn

(*plays theremin*)
  • so guys how about those animals as leaders?? rx bandits? mars volta???? eyyyyyyyy
  • one of my tumblr friends likes animals as leaders

i remember a whole bunch of metal websites really liking their new album too which is weird because ususally said sites would not like bleh wank djent whatever
  • AAL were always a bit of a cut above typical djenty wank nonsense, the first album came out before djent was even particularly a thing and that album is still a decent listen if oyu like that hyper artificial metal sound and stupidly complex riffs
  • lately i have been listening to pretty much only black metal in terms of metal listening at least
  • ive not listened to some good metal in ages
  • link me a good metal, for tomorrow, to play loud!! because house to myself overnight!!!
  • sunny you should listen to God's Father by Lil B.

the entire thing.
  • 34 tracks? aint nobody got time for that
  • or at least not me i want to go to bed soon. ish. whenever i feel capable
  • sunn wolf said:

34 tracks? aint nobody got time for that

nah you should do it it's a good idea
  • edited 2015-06-13 04:49:00

sunn wolf said:

link me a good metal, for tomorrow, to play loud!! because house to myself overnight!!!

https://ocrilim.bandcamp.com/album/annwn

I bought this for 95 cents the other day at the record store and is is really nice, solo guitar, no drums or anything.

https://cloudscollideofficial.bandcamp.com/album/all-things-shining

this is a blackgaze thing with a really pretty album cover. ive listened to it twice today and while im not super familiar with blackgaze as a whole so i cannot comment on the originality i feel confident is saying it is Very Pretty and it made me cry so that has to count for something. also it definitely sticks more to the Not Metal side
  • i feel like i should talk about the ocrilim album more but i dont feel qualified enough

it is very virtuosic and hypnotic and stubbornly strange
  • ill give it a cheeky listen tomorrow, you ahave intrigued me about this album.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    There was another, newer drug thread laying around somewhere.

I posted about getting high in it. I wasn't really prepared for the experience that time. >_>
  • sunn wolf said:

link me a good metal, for tomorrow, to play loud!! because house to myself overnight!!!

Khanate - Clean Hands go Foul
    Corrupted - El mundo Frio
    Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
    Thergothon - Stream from the Heavens
    Any Sunn O))) album
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • i have never listened to thergothon but they have a good name
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Every time I see the "banned user" avatar, especially on his posts, I remember why I'm ashamed that I still post on this forum, yet I do anyway because it's part of my meager social life.
    I'm not using drugs to cope anymore, mostly because Crystal doesn't want me to, but also because it's kind of a bad cycle. I still use dimenhydrinate to get through border crossings because it's like a lighter version of when I used to use daizepam to get through school days.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS

I'm not using drugs to cope anymore, mostly because Crystal doesn't want me to, but also because it's kind of a bad cycle. I still use dimenhydrinate to get through border crossings because it's like a lighter version of when I used to use daizepam to get through school days.

And Pyridrym
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Every time I see the "banned user" avatar, especially on his posts, I remember why I'm ashamed that I still post on this forum, yet I do anyway because it's part of my meager social life.

wait, why are you ashamed?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    because we didn't ban the Corporal sooner, maybe.

anyway, Dopethrone is a great album and I second that recommendational
  • he was hard to ban because he was a lot of fun and cool when he wasnt a seething ball of anger and neuroses
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    pretty much :/
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    naney said:

he was hard to ban because he was a lot of fun and cool when he wasnt a seething ball of anger and neuroses

Oh so he was me
  • edited 2015-06-14 12:58:48
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    You dont take it out on fellow heapers

or if you do, not on a regular basis
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    You were never so cruel as him, Myr.

• Panurge said:

naney said:

he was hard to ban because he was a lot of fun and cool when he wasnt a seething ball of anger and neuroses

Oh so he was me
    you can be unpleasent sometimes but there is a difference between being kinda annoying and reflexively being as deliberately as transparently cruel as possible whenever someone says a thing you dont like
  • sorry about typos and malformed sentences im still getting used to this new phone keyboard
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

Panurge said:

naney said:

Oh so he was me
    you can be unpleasent sometimes but there is a difference between being kinda annoying and reflexively being as deliberately as transparently cruel as possible whenever someone says a thing you dont like
    I know I can be a bit sensitive when people say things I don't like. I hope I've never been as bad as Forsythe about it...
  • no you have not

forsythe was like, cartoonishly mean at the drop of a hat
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    didn't forsythe also hate trans people
  • not that i can recall? that woulda got him banned way fast
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    He did not.

He objected to cis people on sites like tumblr trying to speak for trans people but afaik he never said anything transphobic.