Drugs

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Alcohol has its benefits, to health and in other areas. I find drunkenness incredibly unbecoming in myself and others, but there really is nothing more aesthetically pleasing to the palette than a glass of top-notch brandy with a good meal. It's like listening to a skilled organist playing with dozens of stops in succession.
    On an on-topic but unrelated note, I just realised that I accidentally have gotten myself semi-stoned through taking two anti-migraine medications that naturally amplify each other's effects, which I'd forgotten about. I only do this when I really think I have a bad one coming on—and boy, do I right now...—and my weird lack of habituation and terror of addiction mean that I wouldn't do it for kicks, but it's nice to have something soft to land on when you crash as hard as you can with my condition. That said, I think that explains why I feel so inexplicably positive about everything right now.

I should lie down now. The weather's nice, should I should fall to sleep quickly if I try, and my dreams might be interesting...

I must seem so ridiculous right now. But I'm posting anyway, because my "caring" muscles are so very weak and my exhibitionist streak so very wide and vibrant.
  • Frosty said:

Without alcohol, there are no alcoholics. : )

If only banning things didn't make people want them more.

(relatedly this is literally the only reason I'm against banning alcohol. Just because it wouldn't work.)

Viani said:

Drinking cough syrup is all the rage in my hometown. The people who drink it are called robots, in reference to their favorite drink "robotussin".

You live down south? That's pretty popular down there.

Pimp C (and I'm sure many others, but he's the only big-name person, afaik) died from that, y'know. People tend to forget that cough syrup is pretty dangerous stuff if taken in the wrong doses.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    The ingredient in Robotussin and other cough syrups that you can get "high" on is from the ingredient dextromethorphan which is a disassociative and just a really pathetically ghetto way to get fucked up.  The reason people die by taking that shit is because the don't get the versions of the cough medicine that contain only that particular ingredient, and they get the ones with acetimenophen (paracetamol) which, in high doses (which is required to get a high from dxm) damages and kills your liver, especially if alcohol is involved.  
  • edited 2012-09-22 12:44:59
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ^^ Yeah, getting high off of cough syrup is basically proof of a death wish.

^ That's not a predictable thing. It can be anything from a single drink to a full-on routine that incurs an addiction.
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    The best drugs are the ones that kill you, indiscriminantly. Those are the ones that I enjoy consuming the most.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ^ That's not something that everyone could, would, or should do. If you're inclined to do so yourself, then that's fine, but simply saying that no-one should drink instead of proposing methods for support in addition to that strikes me as poor logic.
  • It's poor logic to say "you'll never become an alcoholic if you never drink"?
  • KJIKJI
    Yes. After all, you can get super drunk if you drink lots of mouthwash!!!! Do that!!!!
  • KJIKJI
    Don;t do that.
    ^^^^ No, it's poor logic to say that the only way to deal with alcoholism is for no-one to drink, which is what his statement sort of sounded like.

^ While true, what is the value in saying that?
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    Guys, this is a dumb argument.
  • KJIKJI
    Did you know that alcohol... is bad for you???
    ^^ Depends upon what you drink and to what degree. Restrained regular consumption of port wine, for instance, is excellent for the circulatory system.

^ Oh no...
    dude I gots a mad grip of ibuprofen and naproxen

how do I get fucked up on this shit
  • First you need to stab yourself in the eyes.

dude I gots a mad grip of ibuprofen and naproxen

how do I get fucked up on this shit
    Tramadol can make you loopy, but most NSAIDs just make you kind of tired. It's a function of easing the blood vessels in your brain.
    I was joking there actually
    I'm bad with jokes. Making and receiving.
  • KJIKJI
    Weed
  • KJIKJI
    Maryhuana
  • My brother's a stoner and a belligerent drunk. Kinda spoiled the whole idea of me wanting to ever touch an intoxicant.
  • You know what I mean.
    One day at the PX on base in like 2007 I found, in the discount bin, a box of whippets. For $2. So yeah, I bought them -- not to use them, but to prove that I purchased whippets at a fucking Marine Corps PX. Anyway I put them in my bag and forgot about them until months later about 5 minutes before I was to pass through the X-ray at LAX. Fortunately all they did was take them and toss them. 
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I've decided I want to take a break from alcohol for a while. I haven't been feeling right these past few days. Might even quit it altogether, since I rarely enjoy the taste, makes me feel bad, and I haven't enjoyed it as much as the first few times I've used it. 

I might still try those weed cookies with my friend on Sunday. It'd probably be good for me. I have little but positive things to say about weed and what it does for my mood.
  • yeah im not drinking alcohol for a while either. mainly because ive had about as many negative experiences as positive with drink. also it makes me hugely paranoid and run off at the slightest provocation.

freshers is next week. god knows how im going to manage that without alcohol.

other drugs: weed is okay, though i dont make it an often thing (lots of depression, schizophrenia, all sorts in my family. weirdly it's never made me paranoid though?). probably would turn down most drugs if i was offered them to be honest. might make an exception for something like lsd and dmt though because it sounds like it would be an experience if nothing else

wanted to try salvia but was somewhat put off by my friend who had an absolute horror experience with it so that is off my list really

• KJIKJI
    You know who else uses drugs.

Those NFL refs, fucking christ
  • edited 2012-09-28 01:09:28
    I've drank and smoked weed and cigarettes, and I'm as much a tea fiend as one can be... hmm, what else... tried plenty of other drugs too, so I'll share my thoughts on them. Firstly -- while drugs can be fun, there's nothing as great in the world as sobering back up. Most of the time when I do drugs, I feel kind of annoyed because I can't think deeply about things at all in the way I'd like to. Up until I'd done drugs, I'd always had the impression they'd make you think more deeply about things. But that's really not the case for me. Some drugs (especially dextromethorphan) have helped me understand my consciousness more than I ever could have possibly before because it knocks you out of your senses and even shuts up your conscious mind entirely at a high level, and others make me doubt myself less (guess how well I do at parties without alcohol or cannabis), and some make me feel that my mind's clear (smokes, stimulants, opiates)... but no drug's opened any philosophical or religious doorways for me, at least not yet. More than anything, I think drugs should only be used by people with the money, time, and self-control for them. If you're not causing harm to yourself or others, I say go nuts with them. Anyway, now for some more in-depth talk:

Stimulants: Amphetamine (great), Propylhexedrine (pretty good), MDMA (WOW!) Ephedrine (fun)
    These are fairly easy to get ahold of and cheap, and I just feel great on them. I can stay up for days if I'm binging. They make me feel just awesome and like I'm less distracted by things, but aside from writing school papers at the last minute or playing games for hours and hours and hours, I'm not really able to accomplish much, because even if I forget to eat and sleep, anything that moves or makes a sound will get my attention. But I guess that's in part because I just want to take them to get high. These aren't good to take once or twice and I haven't done anything for a few months other than good ol' caffeine, but they're really fun stuff. Some of these are legally available, but of course, the most fun ones aren't. If I didn't have better self-control, I'd probably be addicted to these if anything. MDMA and speed are definitely my favorites, but propylhexedrine
    is available over the counter and will do in a pinch. It tastes nasty though, and the crash is pretty lame, just a warning!

Opiates: Oxycodone (boring), Vicodin (boring but alright), Tramadol (good, but yawn)
    Opiates just make me lazy and kinda happy. These have messed up a lot of my friends and everything's pretty expensive, especially when you factor in addiction and tolerance... they've never really been my thing, but I still crave them now and again, even though I haven't done them for years. Be careful with these if you try them! They're alright though.

Psychedelics: Psilocybin (great!)
    Mushrooms get a lot of press, and it's easy to see why. Where I am, at least, they're cheap, easy to find and grow, and fun. They're not addictive at all like other drugs (I still feel nagging urges for some drugs...) and they're a good way to blow a few hours. I think these are best done with friends. I've never seen things that weren't there, but they do kinda make me see rainbows and weird patterns and stuff. They're fun, but they make me feel really stupid too. I haven't done these very much because at the higher level trips, I've felt like I've experienced supernatural or religious experiences, and I don't really like feeling like I've let the drug become something more than just that. 

Dissociatives: Dextromethorphan (fantastic), Salvia Divinorum (eh), Nitrous Oxide (alright)
    DXM/Robitussin is all the rage and it's honestly my favorite drug to use, though it's one you gotta be careful with! It's great because it's available... everywhere, and it's fun. At the lower doses it's a lot like drinking or smoking a bit, and at the higher ones you just really kinda go into your own little world. It makes me kind of sick and I feel kinda stupid on it, but I just love it more than anything else, for whatever reason. It's pretty addictive, so if you decide to use it, limit your use! I've tried salvia three times and it didn't really do anything for me. Nitrous is fun but I just kind of find it a real pain to use.

Deliriants: Diphenhydramine (NO)
    Did you know that you can abuse benadryl? You've probably never heard of people using it recreationally, because it's an awful, awful drug. I've taken it recreationally twice, at about 700mg. It really messes up my heart and eyes, and it makes me hallucinate in a bad way. I'll do things and wake up in my bed again, or talk to people who aren't there, and just seem completely nuts to anyone around. The first time I did it, I made the mistake of not having a trip sitter or whatever... I thought I'd fallen into hell and kept feeling like I was gonna have a heart attack, mouth as dry as a desert the whole time. When I "came to" I realized how much it really took my control away and how awful it was for my body, and I was frightened... so of course I did it the next month with a friend to watch. He kept my in my room and stopped me from doing anything too dumb, but he said that I was "f**king crazy, dude." It's made me feel like I've really gone insane and like I was going to die. Not fun, not pleasant, not healthy. This is pretty much the drug that no one should ever try, ever. Oh yeah, did I mention it was addictive, too? Be careful if you decide to abuse Benadryl once or twice, or you'll find yourself popping a handful of pills now and then for no reason. It's terrible.

Hopefully something I've said something interesting for you guys, and if you have any questions about drugs I can try to answer them. If you do want to take drugs, be careful, most importantly! Play on the safe side, listen to what people have to say, and don't take them too much.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    ^^ Thanks, that was insightful. 
  • All Benadryl does to me is make me sleepy. But I've never taken more than two at once.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Drugs are really interesting. They have weird and funny nicknames.
  • KJIKJI
    Like "crack" lol, its powder not a crack. silly
  • @Justice42: Thanks, I tried!

All Benadryl does to me is make me sleepy. But I've never taken more than two at once.

When I've taken around 100mg or so, my body just feels really relaxed and I feel kinda spacey, kinda good... at 200mg, much more so (and way more tired, much more dry mouth). At 300mg and 400mg, I've heard that nothing too exciting happens, but most people agree that 700mg+ causes awful awful hallucinations.

• I have no idea how much mg. is in a given pill, so that means little to me, I'm sorry to say.
    My wonderfully eccentric uncle once told me that he accidentally took seven Benedryl in one go while slightly drunk. It was apparently more frightening than even his worst LSD trip.
  • I saw Chuck Palahniuk speak at the Castro Theatre when I was in San Francisco.

He talked about doing drugs and eating sandwiches and it was pretty funny.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I have no idea how much mg. is in a given pill, so that means little to me, I'm sorry to say.
    25-50mg is the recommended amount for 4-6 hours. I'm guessing 50mg is two pills.