Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

Yeah...

"She earned that money because by not using it to do what she said she would she showed that people can be dicks." is not a reason or a great mystery that needed solving.

I guess she's only done one video so far, but I think she really needs to step up her game (no pun intended) here.

I'd be curious to see her kick starter, usually people promise more content if they go well over what they asked for.

Actually, I'd like to know what she promised in the first place even at her regular goal. If it was "More of the same, but I'll have your money" (more or less) then the people who paid her money are kind of dumb.

• edited 2013-03-10 13:20:14
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Her original goal was 5 videos based on specific tropes. Her stretch goals were additional videos, production quality, and a classroom curriculum.

OK, much better.

She's basically producing more videos and, passing out a bunch of stickers, and a handful of DVDs, and there's some vague reference to "improved production quality".

He price points are kind of ridiculous, but I'm sure she was upfront about them at least.

I think for the amount of money she was given and how little is going back into sending people physical goods, she could stand to do something out of the ordinary (I still think traveling to talk to women in the industry is a good idea), but I don't think she hasn't given anyone what they signed up for.

^^ I saw that.

Kind of pretty weak stretch goals if you ask me, but if that's what people want to pay for then there's not much to argue with her about except maybe that this vague "production quality improvement" doesn't look like much.

• Honestly, this discussion is just reinforcing my impression of her being a hack.
  • I finally watched the video, which admits it's going for a broad outlook on the the topic at first, and that's exactly what it is, if it weren't for the fact that it was framed that she would do more episodes then I could see where the accusations came from.

Honestly, I don't see any problem with the video ._.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    me neither.  The blog post Yarrun linked on the last page raised some valid criticisms, but i'm kinda perplexed by how much people seem bothered by it.  i'd never have guessed it would provoke the kind of anger it seems to be attracting.  If anything i'd have said the video was possibly too mild-mannered.

As far as the money goes, it does seem a lot.  The production quality is markedly improved on her earlier videos, what with the intro and the music and the footage used, and apparently some of the money went towards buying games... though, that does mean she was basically asking for money to play video games.  But people gave her the money willingly and it's not like she was dishonest about it.
  • I think she went kind overboard with the footage, really. It feels like every individual clip goes on for two seconds longer than it should.
  • a8 said:

As far as the money goes, it does seem a lot.

http://gameoverthinker.blogspot.com/2013/03/tropes-vs-women-launches-first-episode.html

food for thought on the "Amount of money" she got.
    i stand corrected.  my bad.
  • edited 2013-03-10 18:43:23

jesus christ idk who the fuck this woman is and im sure whether zelda is sexist or not doesnt justify like 10 pages of discussion and what has it got to do with tumblr

• tumblr thread is worst thread
  • please close this thanks in advance
  • sunn wolf said:

jesus christ idk who the fuck this woman is and im sure whether zelda is sexist or not doesnt justify like 10 pages of discussion and what has it got to do with tumblr

It has to do with tumblr because a lot of tumblrs are exploding with ecstasy to discuss the video this lady released. thus is completely justified in discussing it within the context of this thread.

Also, just a minor nitpick, but punctuation lends to more coherent sentences. I am not normally one to police someone's grammar, but in this case it's distracting.
  • Naney said:

u madd brew

im just Concerned For the Quality Of Threads On This Web site.

thanks.

• all the threads are shit they were all along escape while you can
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

a8 said:

http://gameoverthinker.blogspot.com/2013/03/tropes-vs-women-launches-first-episode.html

Here is a satisfying answer. :)
  • it is indeed satisfying and i am satisfied
  • edited 2013-03-10 18:51:55
    The sadness will last forever.
    tumblr

meh
  • sunn wolf said:

It has to do with tumblr because a lot of tumblrs are exploding with ecstasy to discuss the video this lady released. thus is completely justified in discussing it within the context of this thread.
    lots of tumblrs explode with ecstasy over pretending you are really a dragon inside. but its not like we discuss that in fact there is a rule against it. that is all im saying because this doesnt deserve any more discussion

Also, just a minor nitpick, but punctuation lends to more coherent sentences. I am not normally one to police someone's grammar, but in this case it's distracting.

bitches on my dick cos i type like e e cummings

• on tumblr: naney is like 4/5 of my dashboard at the moment

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    a8 said:

As far as the money goes, it does seem a lot.  The production quality is markedly improved on her earlier videos, what with the intro and the music and the footage used, and apparently some of the money went towards buying games... though, that does mean she was basically asking for money to play video games.  But people gave her the money willingly and it's not like she was dishonest about it.

If people are contributing money to see a series critiquing video games, it makes sense that some of the money would be spent on games. She's got to play them to be able to know what she's talking about, no?

let's talk about this
  • Naney said:

let's talk about this

there is a video of that its cool

after that guy caught it he handed it to one of the stewards and it escaped and the goalkeeper had to catch it again

also 5/10 not as cute as Anfield Cat

Anfield Cat is best football animal

• most of my dash is weird funny things and pictures of cats and sfw furry art
  • i think 90% of tumblr is weird funny things and gifs of rotating triangles, who is the best person to follow for that because im really just following naney and some tumblr poetry people who barely post anything
  • pictures of cats are also welcome

i think i will pass on the furry art though

• best gif tumblrs

and everyone should follow this one:

and i'm not sure for funny stuff
  • sunn wolf said:

pictures of cats are also welcome

you should follow vriska's tumblr then, she has loads of cute kittys

If people are contributing money to see a series critiquing video games, it makes sense that some of the money would be spent on games. She's got to play them to be able to know what she's talking about, no?

True, just seemed kinda funny to me.

This post is not about tumblr and there is nothing sunn wolf can do about it
  • edited 2013-03-10 19:47:29

editorial design antics, pt. 2

this looks like a normal magazine spread right

well

if you look really closely on one of the melons i put a really tiny pterodactyl right in the middle

no one noticed

and they actually published it

now there are 2000 copies of this magazine featuring this tiny pterodactyl and i’m the one at fault

oh my god am i a horrible person or what

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    InDesign

I want InDesign

Also

Y U use Century Gothic
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Clearly the message here is "Eat Pterodactyls".

I'm guessing people are angry because for all the money she got it just sort of seems like she's spending it on hookers and blow her living expenses and video games, but as far as I can tell, she didn't really promise anything more than that.

I wouldn't call this a worthwhile use of money, but I didn't give her any, so what do I care?

a8 said:

Some of this makes good points, but there's no way $150,000+ just covers LIVING expenses even in the bay area. That is over three times the national average a HOUSEHOLD makes in a year.
  • Eh, she posted an image of her with a buncha console (versions of) games, and, in retrospect, she coulda tried using Steam to buy all the non-console indies (and save some dough in the process).

But, to join Naney and Sunnwolf in the off-topic nonsense, SKRILLEX GOT THE POWER TO MAKE IT BUN DEM *Torches marijuana plantation with a flamethrower*
  • sunn wolf said:

i think 90% of tumblr is weird funny things and gifs of rotating triangles, who is the best person to follow for that because im really just following naney and some tumblr poetry people who barely post anything

follow me because I'm a massive attention whore

sometimes I post cool stuff?

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Naney said:

let's talk about this
    Could I have some context/links here? Because this looks brilliant.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Wait, nope, found it.

Yay, martens!
    We should just make a page on the HH wiki where we can link all our Tumblrs.

Also, we should make an HH wiki.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    n

o