Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• Ah true. I just like being healthy; some of those pics look uncomfortably skinny.

OF COURSE

Actually, I'll probably end up making a stupid comic or two on those topics. Considering I sorta try to present my stuff as being semi serious when posting.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I know the "lol otherkin" thing has been done to death already but this is just too funny:

• Wow, did you seriously just use the term “batshit”? Do you even know the history behind that phrase? Do you know the amount of suffering and oppression that bats went through after their natural habitats were invaded by humans? They were forced to take shelter in church bell towers not knowing that when the bells rang their sensitive ears would be mutilated by the intense sound. Their wails of pain and frantic attempts to escape are how the term came about. I don’t take the suffering of any fellow kin lightly, and frankly I’m disgusted that you would use such oppressive language on my page. Check your privilege.

oh my godddddddddddddd
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My favorite was the one where she said she would steal a cat because she "doesn't believe in cat ownership"
  • The sadness will last forever.
    that must be a troll or something...i hope
  • edited 2012-12-18 15:19:33
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    :33 < very amewsing!

No but seriously this is amazing.
    I'm Nala. 20 years old. Cis, vegan, multiracial, disabled, bisexual, demisexual, pagan, plural, catkin.

My preferred pronouns are: chim, cher, chimself, cherself, che, chi.

I am a lover of peace and freedom. Unfortunately we live in a world that
    aims to strip our freedoms away simply for being different. We live in
    a world where we are held captive under the oppression of the
    privileged elite.

We will not take it anymore. I am fighting for the justice we deserve. Check your privilege at the door.
    chim chimminey chim chimminey chim chim cheree

Not even taking the mickey, I do honestly wonder what such a person was like before discovering tumblr.

I mean, she didn't make this stuff up, she got it from the Internet.  And she apparently felt that it applied to her, assuming she's not a troll.
  • edited 2012-12-18 15:22:57
    Demisexual is ten times less scary a thing than I thought it'd be

She is a human in a cat’s body

classy

someone save me from quoting i can't do it
  • That otherkin cat woman is a little...odd. But, I like some of the art she posted.
  • I like some of the art she posted.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

the "body positive" movement is frightening when you think about  it, and how they push the notion that there's nothing unhealthy about being morbidly obese. Not even talking chubby here, talking about these activists who are so fat that they get winded just thinking about a cheesecake and they tell others that they need to keep moving doctors until they'll find one who'll tell them the lies they want to hear

and the worst part is how surprised they act when one of their own dies young, gosh how did this happen

The more identities you have, the more likely you'll win the oppression olympics.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ In its milder forms it seems fair enough though.

The more extreme end is probably not so bad if what you take from it is "I am comfortable with my appearance however I need to take better care of my health"

as opposed to "I am a useless fat disgusting slob and I don't have what it takes to ever be any different, now I'm going to go cry while comfort-stuffing-my-face with chocolates and feeling guilty about each one".

^ GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
  • edited 2012-12-18 16:19:45
    Here's my thing about body positive: Yes, I think you should like your
    body how it is. Why? Because no matter the state it is in, it is your
    body and your mind and you might as well have some liking for them.
    Sometimes, people who are overweight have medical issues that make it
    incredibly difficult to lose weight. People get shit for how they look
    all the time, which is also something I wish would stop because that
    just fucks with your mind. Fucking having bigger breasts makes you "fat"
    in some people's eyes.

However,here's where you kind of have to draw the line. The people with medical issues tend to try and take care of themselves. Just because your okay with how you look does not mean you should negate your health. I highly doubt someone with a giant cut would not take bandage it because "it looks fine, you guys just want me to cover it up because you think it looks gross." Being over (as well a under) weight has its problems; it put strain on your body, heart issues can arise, higher risk for a specific type of diabetes. I have a friend whose fat positive and gained weight because she ate a lot as a kid due to trauma; Yes, people turn to food as a way of getting rid of stress or coping, doesn't mean the weight your gaining won't hurt your health. There's a difference between weaponizing someone's weight to hurt them and actually being concerned about their health.

Yay wall of text.
  • I know the "chim chimminey" thing crossed my mind when I saw Transcats for the first time myself.

just

what.

I love the post where she was talking a8out remem8ering this 8eautiful sound of a meow and knowing that she could never meow 8ack.

I know, I shouldn't make fun, 8ut...
    ^ WHEN YOU'RE WITH A SWEEP YOU'RE IN GLAD COMPANY

^^ All good points.  You're right, I think.
  • Vriska said:

I love the post where she was talking a8out remem8ering this 8eautiful sound of a meow and knowing that she could never meow 8ack.

making a convincing meow is not that hard
  • I really hope that the transcat lady is a troll.

I really really do.

That "medical condition" excuse is used way more than can be considered reasonable, and some people have deluded themselves that fat forms out of thin air. 

In fact, humans seem hard-wired to do this and accept absolute bullshit regarding weight. Every month of every year for the past century, weight-loss plans and promises and pills are hawked onto a public all to desperate to believe it.  Whatever it takes to not have to eat right and less and exercise regularly, I guess. 

• ANONYMOUS:
    imageimage
    how can you have two selves that are both vegan but one is a cat...you need a reality check, good for you you love cats but cats are hunters they live to kill and eat, not pretty little girls trying to be skinny

You can’t be serious. Do you even know anything about animal physiology? Cats are not required to eat meat. This is a fallacy that has already been refuted by modern biology. Studies have shown that when wild cats are fed exclusively vegetarian diets, they live longer, have less incidence of disease, and develop stronger coordination than those who retain a traditional carnivore diet. Look it up, you’ll be surprised at what you can learn

• edited 2012-12-18 16:18:26

Kexruct said:

ANONYMOUS:
    imageimage
    how can you have two selves that are both vegan but one is a cat...you need a reality check, good for you you love cats but cats are hunters they live to kill and eat, not pretty little girls trying to be skinny

You can’t be serious. Do you even know anything about animal physiology? Cats are not required to eat meat. This is a fallacy that has already been refuted by modern biology. Studies have shown that when wild cats are fed exclusively vegetarian diets, they live longer, have less incidence of disease, and develop stronger coordination than those who retain a traditional carnivore diet. Look it up, you’ll be surprised at what you can learn

my brain huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurtssssssssssssssssssssssss ;_;

this woman is just pawful
  • edited 2012-12-18 16:18:55

I might be a demonkin?

I’ve always had a special connection to the spiritual realm, especially in regards to demonic and malevolent entities. I’m naturally drawn towards their energy but I abstain per the counsel of my coven elders. 

However I’m very interested in demonkin. I didn’t even know they existed until I came to Tumblr. I’m starting to question whether I may have a demonic identity as a part of my plurality.

It would explain my affinity for darkness, black magic, and ability to connect with spiritual forces. It’s like I’m having a second awakening. 

Demonkin, how did you discover your demonic identities? I’m dying to find out if I have a secret demon inside of me that I’ve been suppressing. I wouldn’t be surprised at all. 

------------

Cat lady, please stop.

Just... stop.

• I thought it was dogs that could be vegetarian. Don't cats need some specific type of protein found in the brains of other animals? Or maybe I just don't remember right.
  • I think my biggest issue with this entire otherkin thing is how people justify it by comparing it to transsexualism.  No, they're not even remotely similar. For one thing, the idea of being an animal in a human's body exists almost entirely because of the Internet. If you didn't know anyone else who's an otherkin, you wouldn't think you are. The same isn't true of being transgendered. Gender Dysphoria will begin to become more apparent later in life, because it is biologically possible to identify as the opposite sex. There is no biological reason for a person to identify as a different species.
  • edited 2012-12-18 16:29:45
    ^^ Dogs can be vegetarian, cats technically can be with the right diet, certain supplements and the aid of digestive enzymes, but it's generally advised against.  It's not at all their natural diet, it's risky, and that's certainly the first I've heard of there being any benefits to it.

Without the supplements a vegan cat is going to suffer serious health problems due to Vitamin A, Vitamin D and taurine deficiences.

This isn't putting it strongly enough actually; giving cats a vegan diet is potentially very harmful and is a highly controversial practice.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Dogs and cats are both carnivores, but cats are obligate carnivores and will get very sick if you feed them anything else. Dogs will eat practically anything, even if it makes them sick. I know our dog will. :P

• Reminds me of Tumblr.
  • edited 2012-12-18 16:39:51
    ^^ I've heard of cats supposedly living reasonably healthily off vegan diets.  Let me see if I can find some examples.

Edit: well, this article quotes a woman claiming her cats lived healthily off a vegan diet, but all the other results seem to be either a. "fuck no, that's animal cruelty", b. written by vegetarians and loaded with warnings about potential risks or c. advertisement features for brands of veggie cat food.
  • my teacher just said van gogh was the 19th century version of instagram

“hay guise trimmed ma beard lol”

“omg guise just tidied ma room”

“omg guise look at dis view, no filter xoxox”

“chilling in da club”

“NEW SHOES OMG”

• Also relevant.
  • It’s not “bacon,” it’s a pig.

It’s not “veal,” it’s a calf.

It’s not “steak,” it’s a cow.

It’s not “meat,” it’s an animal…

its not “fruit”, its dividing cells that accumulate fructose…

it’s not delivery. it’s digiorno.

It’s not a scene, it’s a god damn arms race

It’s not “levioSA”, it’s “leviOsa”

Maybe it’s Maybelline

Getting drafted is a male privilege...okay...does anyone know what the word privilege means anymore?
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Maybe shes born with it.
  • Two Face said:

Getting drafted is a male privilege...okay...does anyone know what the word privilege means anymore?

I'm just...don't most males not like the idea of the draft in the first place?
  • edited 2012-12-18 16:46:11
    I think a case could be made for the draft being a byproduct of sexist discrimination against women, even acknowledging that the majority of men aren't happy about the draft itself either.
  • I mean yes, but at the same time, I don't like the idea of a draft. I'm not going to be jumping up and down if they had one where women were included.

I'll admit, I'm all for equality, but at the same time, I have hang ups about a lot of feminist ideas and even though I should probably identify as one, I don't. So, this is just my somewhat skewed opinion.

you know, if you do go vegan but don't want to give up steak, mycology has you covered:

http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/Mushrooms.Folder/BeefsteakMushroom.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hericium_erinaceus

surf n' turf right there

I guess I'm a feminist of sorts.

I'm not in favour of the draft for either sex.
    Personally I think the draft should be reinstated. Then our citizenry can be forced to not be stupid for 2-4 years of their life and learn from it. 
    I'd be more comfortable with the idea if the option was available to perform civilian service instead, and doing so had no social stigma attached.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    a8 said:

I'd be more comfortable with the idea if the option was available to perform civilian service instead, and doing so had no social stigma attached.

But you know that it wont be because of ARE boys.
    a8 said:

This would work too
  • a8 said:

YEah, I like this idea better.
    Because that wouldn't be very overlordly.
    Re: "body positive" movement: I'm okay with it, honestly, because our society tends to hold up unhealthy thin body types as some kind of ideal and treat anyone who's even just a little on the chubby side as if they're a pig.

One of my sister's friends is close to developing anorexia because she's of average weight but believes herself to be "fat". I don't think telling her "you're fine the way you are, you don't have to be super skinny" is a bad thing.

If someone is actually obese and it's causing them health problems, that's another issue, though I still think "don't treat them like crap just because they're fat" is a message worth sending.