Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• i am a bacon atheist i dont believe in bacon
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Kexruct said:

Chainsawsuit is a very bitter webcomic.

I like that about it, honestly.
  • bitter yet silly

one might say it suits me
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Kris Straub's first webcomic was devoted to mocking other webcomics. I think if Straub ever stopped making fun of the internet, it would be a sign of the apocalypse.
  • I like Ichor Falls a lot more.
  • bitter yet silly

one might say it suits me
    more like it chainsawsuits you.
  • that was my joke :<
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Wouldn't the bitterness be appropriate when the title of the comic sounds like a really dark riff on the Hedgehog's Dilemma?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    huh, i never thought about it that way

do you think that was the intended sense?
  • I really don't enjoy chainsawsuit like 99% of the time, but whatever.
  • Wouldn't the bitterness be appropriate when the title of the comic sounds like a really dark riff on the Hedgehog's Dilemma?

I think it's more supposed to conjure the image of a chainsaw suit.
  • edited 2013-11-25 19:22:04
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^ Quite possibly. At the very least, the logic that nothing says "fuck off" like a suit made of chainsaws sounds like something that would appeal to the author.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    In the comic, the chainsawsuit is the perfect outfit for surviving a zombie apocalypse. But it makes going to the bathroom rather difficult.
  • it sounds like an outfit Kanaya would design for Eridan
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

azzandra:

softurl:

softurl:

i forgot that i ponified calories to “dragon balls” when i ponified dragon to “big baby” so now calories are ponified to “big baby balls” and i don’t know what to do

i’m never gonna remember what this post was about

It was about actions having consequences.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Hehehe

I'm following the Doge tumblr.

While I still like the meme, I've decided it doesn't work so well when you're getting a solid diet of it.
  • edited 2013-12-04 02:25:31
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I have decided this reasoning is flawed based on the fact that the example is 
    AWESOME~!
  • edited 2013-12-04 02:26:29

*sigh*

Remember when copy/pasting Tumblr didn't mean your formatting would be wrecked to Hell and back?

Those were the days.

Seriously, though.

DJ Abraham Lincoln is going to emancipate the hell out of some phat beats. 
  • *sigh*

Remember when copy/pasting Tumblr didn't mean your formatting would be wrecked to Hell and back?
    No.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Is the DJ thing a reference to Yo Gabba Gabba!

Because if it is it's proof that DHX is devoted to making me INSANE :P
    DJ DHX Media
  • I'm really getting tired of those "hur dur allies suck" posts.

I don't know what the point of them is and they're irritating.
  • the thing with allies is that (*sudden macklemore voice*) they smell like r kellys sheets

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    the point is to discourage white straight cismale etc. teenagers from caring about anything outside their privileged existences, and to scare them away from SJ blogs
    the hell even is an ally

it's a dumb word
  • I have been, at absolute worst, mildly annoyed by presumptuous straight people pretending to speak for bisexuals. I have never felt compelled to dedicate a large portion of my blog to cracking jokes about them, nor do I feel the need to act like they don't have feelings or that their feelings don't matter.

Yes yes I know, "wah wah poor straight people". I can't help but feel that Tumblr's Social Justice community has gotten to a point where it's more a pissing contest to see who hates oppressive majorities more as opposed to any attempts to open actual constructive dialogue. There is a lot of talk about validating anger but very little about how to channel that anger into actual action. I'm not trying to deny people the right to vent, but there's a difference between being pissed off at the people calling you an indecisive little kid because you like both men and women and being pissed off at straight people because you think they're all like that.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Strategy is considered sinful in the world of the internet.
  • I am a dumb man and do not know what that means.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    "We should try not to alienate people and not air out our full opinions at all time"
  • edited 2013-12-08 15:14:47
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Tumblr's Social Justice community has gotten to a point where it's more a pissing contest to see who hates oppressive majorities more

i don't wanna generalize but i've gotten the impression this element has existed in the community for a while

to be fair a lot of what's on tumblr is just venting, not serious political stuff
  • Tachyon said:

Tumblr's Social Justice community has gotten to a point where it's more a pissing contest to see who hates oppressive majorities more

i don't wanna generalize but i've gotten the impression this element has existed in the community for a while

to be fair a lot of what's on tumblr is just venting, not serious political stuff
    But like if you're going to position yourself as someone who's championing change and then do everything possible to prevent that change I kind of feel that that's hypocritical.

On a less political level, the refusal of some people to even consider that they're just plain being mean is kind of irritating, and is more what I was getting at.
    yeah, real talk

the internet at large doesn't seem to care about 'being mean' very much, for whatever reason
  • I often feel that the average tumblr user does not see most people beyond whatever labels are applied to them.

Which, funnily enough, is what causes homophobia, racism, sexism, and on and on and on, in the first place.
  • Most of the posts that I've seen on "allies" or whatever has to do with them taking away from the real activists or something.

I dunno, I've seen complaints about allies behaving badly more than I've seen allies behaving badly.
  • There's a post going around sometimes about "equality vs. justice" or something, showing these cartoon dudes standing on 8oxes trying to look over a fence. In the "equality" one they each have one 8ox to stand on, making the tallest one tower over the fence, the middle-size one just the right size to see over, and the shortest still can't. The "Justice" one shows the tallest with no 8ox, the middle one with one 8ox, and the shortest with two, all a8le to see over the fence.

Tum8lr SJW's like to think they're the second picture when in reality they'd 8e the two shorter ones standing on top of the tallest (who would 8e lying on the floor su8servient to the others to make up for gener8ions of "systemic oppression 8y tall people" or something even though he himself did nothing wrong) and the shortest still yelling at the middle-size one for now having "tall-passing privilege" and demanding to sit on his shoulders. Also the shortest one would 8e a fat trans disa8led les8ian of color or whatever the losing hand is in the Oppression Olympics this week.
  • edited 2013-12-08 18:56:20

^ I think I'm in love with this post and its glorious maintaining of typing quirks.
  • Tum8lr SJW's like to think they're the second picture when in reality
    they'd 8e the two shorter ones standing on top of the tallest (who would
    8e lying on the floor su8servient to the others to make up for
    gener8ions of "systemic oppression 8y tall people" or something even
    though he himself did nothing wrong) and the shortest still yelling at
    the middle-size one for now having "tall-passing privilege" and
    demanding to sit on his shoulders. Also the shortest one would 8e a fat
    trans disa8led les8ian of color or whatever the losing hand is in the
    Oppression Olympics this week.
    i'm pretty sure that the SJWs would be people of average height standing on top of the tall person bickering amongst themselves while ignoring the requests for help from the shortest person trying to stack the boxes and failing because they are not tall enough u_u
  • Gotta tell you it felt kinda good getting that out. I can't say it on Tum8lr itself. Can't handle the anon h8 I'd get for daring to have an opinion, let alone an opinion that isn't "sjws are awesome and what they do is important".

I hear ya.

It's sad, but I've often felt the same way where I see a post that just seems so wrong yet I know if I respond to it with my true feelings I'm simply opening myself up to a world of dealing with angry Tumblr users. 
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Oh no, you may make some nerds angry.
    Shit, you may even force them to use proper puntuation.
  • edited 2013-12-08 21:43:32

It's more about the reality that expressing one's opinion on Tumblr may be more trouble than it's worth, regardless of how much actual damage it would cause.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    It's just, I don't understand why you would willingly be on a site where you can't even express your opinions because they will cause a shitstorm whatever they are
  • Most people who are on tumblr are there because of friends.

However, there is a minority of people who trawl feeds to find something to yell about, and then reblog it, causing other people to yell about it.

It is not any kind of genuine threat, generally, but it can definitely be irritating.

^ Pretty much this.

It's also convenient to sort of see what the latest internet meme is or to feed my pictures of cats adiction without having to go to multiple sites. 
  • I'm there for roleplaying and looking at cool pictures. I try to stay away from the "social justice" type stuff, especially the extremists who'd call "cultural appropri8ion" on a white person eating sushi or watching anime or something.

I'm also not there to get into drama and get my in8ox spammed with people calling me a scum8ag and telling me to drink 8leach or something. I've seen that happen to people and........ yeah.

8ut I run into people I dislike and/or disagree with on any site I go on, and have gotten good at keeping my mouth shut a8out it.