Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    It's a cat...in space.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Check out my blog!

• what OS is this?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's the fourth generation Kindle.

I don't use its web browser often, because typing and navigating with only a d-pad is a pain, but I thought it would be funny to look at my blog on there.
  • edited 2013-12-30 16:23:22
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Oh wow, I thought that was HH being rendered on an ancient black-and-white X terminal for a second there. It helps that the Kindle browser widgets look a lot like OPEN LOOK or Athena widgets from the mid-1990s.
  • kill living beings
    it's a shame there isn't a website to render websites in an emulated mosaic or we
    Whenever I'm scrolling and I see someone with a Bubbles avatar I'm like "wait, I don't remember posting this!"
  • Whenever I'm scrolling and I see someone with a Bubbles avatar I'm like "wait, I don't remember posting this!"

There are a few people I follow who use Vriska avatars I've used on other sites and I get the same feeling, lol.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Sometimes I want to use a Cadpig avatar because pretty much nobody really cares about the show she's from and thus it's more distinctive
  • I generally go for distinctive avatars as well

Rayman and Mordecai are the only real exceptions, but on Tumblr I don't follow anyone who plays Tearaway and my Scribblenauts self is pretty easy to find within the shuffle on here
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-01-01 18:01:46
    I think I might switch to iota here now, actually.

Scribblenauts Tre isn't particularly Christmassy but now's as good a time for change as any, so.
  • i try to use distinctive avatars as well
    The only other blogs I follow with PPG avatars are PPG blogs, so I figure my Bubbles is distinct enough for now. Certainly more so than the ponies I used to use.

Though that might change since PPG is apparently coming back soon...
  • kill living beings
    have you seen the lain
  • have you seen the lain

• edited 2014-01-03 16:53:33
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Haven said:

have you seen the lain

I have died
    I'll let my daughter she's a murder and that the thug life chose her.
    If I see another "brony tears" post I'm going to have to punch the nearest royal servant
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    what's brony tears?
    i figured a flower fairy was an obscure enough avatar choice that it'd be distinctive... i need to switch it out for a less Christmassy one, though
  • edited 2014-01-18 03:22:24

If I see another "brony tears" post I'm going to have to punch the nearest royal servant

brony tears?

is that like man tears, but with bronies?

Not really caring one way or the other has served me well up to this point.

Skeevy ask blogs shouldn't require this much drama one way or ther other. -_-;;
  • oh no is this molestia related

(*checks the tag*)

it's been taken down

(*small fluttershy cheer*)

also

the ideal receptacle for such a substance probably
    Ask Princess Molestia got taken down. I think someone named "pinkiepony" alerted Hasbro to its existence...
  • a lot of the posts seem to be made by MLP fans

is it a schism

are there like ponystants and cantorlics
    suddenly i realize i have no interest in this whatsoever
  • Anonus said:

Ask Princess Molestia got taken down. I think someone named "pinkiepony" alerted Hasbro to its existence...

you might say that it got hit by

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

the brandhammer

• Fuck this gross fandom. I’m taking my plastic horses and going home.
    Anonus said:

pinkiepony's cool people

The fact that this was the last post amused me a bit:

• ...that is amazing
  • edited 2014-01-18 03:45:08
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I've read the creator was going to end it soon anyways to work on other stuff, but the coincidence here made him decide that this was as good an ending as any.

I'm not sure how much of a victory this really is for anypony. The materiel is simply going to migrate elsewhere, most of it is probably already on Derpibooru. At best this maybe killed a couple dozen strips, and I'm guessing that's a pretty generous estimate. 

Apparently, if one lumps all the stand-alone comics together, that was exactly story/whatever 400.
  • i guess it's a symbolic victory

which seems reasonable enough to me

I suppose...though, if a decently written message to Hasbro was all it took here, it's pretty damn sad that there's been multiple drama fests over this topic spread out over months and months.

I mean, it sorta just feels like... "Congratulations! You finally did something sensible after causing lots and lots of internet drama." 

It's a symbolic victory that's oddly hilarious with hindsight. 
  • that's the interbutts for ya
  • edited 2014-01-18 12:44:11

i think that it's a bit odd to expect thorough, in-depth explorations of cultures not native to the animators in animated features that aren't even really about that

I do like that he acknowledged that these were his own thoughts and that he's not trying to speak for anyone else, more people on tumblr should do that.
  • plus you know he's just pointing out problems, and he definitely knows his stuff, and he has said what he likes about the film.

so it seems like an ok post to me.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I'm okay with that

because he's not being a dick about it
  • It just seems like he's missing the point of, well, fiction in general. It's not a competition to see who can be the most historically accurate.
    So, um, I just hit 4,000 posts.

This was my 4000th:

One good thing that came of this whole Molestia shit: Gamer Luna FINALLY has her own, non-creepy blog
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Okay, call me out of touch, but what was the deal with Ask Princess Molestia?
  • ask molestia was ask molestia, that made people rather understandably upset, takedowning ensued
    Yeah, it's pretty self-explanatory. The only thing that was weird about it was that most of the outrage over it seemed to come two years later.

Anyway, APM had the much more innocent "Gamer Luna" as a side character, so now Joseco's giving her her own ask blog.
    Something which he should have done ages ago!