The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    They believe it, but is it true?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Yarrun: Right, Ray Charles, I knew I was forgetting somebody cool.

...Why do I let stupid thoughts about vision freak me out?
  • You're not alone, CA. I think I'd probably end up in a wheelchair or something if I went blind, especially since I'm already a klutz as it is.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    CA: I know how you feel there. I've let stupid thoughts freak me out many a time. I should probably know better, but alas.

On a less upsetting note, the only episode of Avatar I've ever seen is "The Blind Bandit," and I definitely liked Toph there. She does seem pretty awesome.
  • Also, TVT missed having me around, as the general consensus seems to be.

I am pleased.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Pathetic confession: One big reason I worry about losing my eyesight is that I wouldn't be able to enjoy road signs or traffic lights anymore.
  • man

only when thinking about it afterward does it strike one how goddamn weird Embric of Wulfhammer's Castle is.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ...And looking at my last post, it sounds really jerkish to me for some reason. I want to change it, but I don't know how I should change it so it gets the message I wanted across.

Sorry, CA. I probably should have picked a better choice of words.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-05-28 21:29:12
    I'd have to get someone to transcribe my ideas.

That's frakkin' scary to me.

^ ...I fail to see the jerkery here.
  • edited 2012-05-28 21:29:15
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    CA: That's understandable. I've thought that it would be terrible to go blind because then I couldn't read. Well, without learning Braille I guess.
  • edited 2012-05-28 21:30:35

Wow, ninja.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I've thought about this before as well.

My entire career is based around staring at a computer screen. If I ever go blind, my life is ruined.
  • edited 2012-05-28 21:34:22
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Professor: I...don't see how that was jerkish, honestly.

@Imipolex: That's a concern for me too, but I figure audiobooks are a thing, as are text-to-speech programs for reading e-books aloud, so there would be at least some level of accommodation there.
    I kinda dislike audiobooks, but if I had to I could probably learn to enjoy them.

But I wouldn't be able to look at boobs shut up brain, before I stab you with a Q-Tip
  • edited 2012-05-28 21:48:29
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    It was mostly because I thought someone might interpret my use of "stupid thoughts" as derisive, which obviously wasn't my intention. I'm glad to see that no offense was taken.

And I wouldn't like to be struck with blindness, either. I imagine I'd be spending the first several years having constant panic attacks because I can't tell where anything is. And like you said, I wouldn't be able to enjoy my favorite things quite the way I used to. Pokémon especially, since it's a very visual experience.

And that leads my train of thought to the concept of therapy/"seeing-eye" Pokémon for the blind. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a thing that exists in-universe. It makes me feel strangely happy, too.
    Imi you need to go to the store to get milk

But I dun wanna

But you have to

*goes*
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

this comic is funny but also kinda awkward for me cuz my mom's name is Wendy.

They should make Wendy brand jelly for use with Peter Pan peanut butter
  • In a pinch, I could always pull a Ray Charles and use blindness as an encouragement to become stupid awesome at music.
  • so

I've decided to try my hand at direct-drawing people (or reasonable facsimiles thereof) directly in MS Paint so I can draw a comic of my own without any outside help.

People

you have never seen art this terrible.

It's just

she doesn't even have feet.

Someday my eyesight will deteriorate so much that I will no longer be able to drive.

I wonder what I'll do when that happens...I would have to find a new hobby, but what?
  • I have named the main trio Zoom, Ping, and Hairdo
  • Zoom is actually kind of cute, Ping rather resembles an obese Powerpuff girl, and Hairdo looks like an eggplant.
  • edited 2012-05-28 22:22:04
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    -barks-
  • edited 2012-05-28 22:24:04
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I've found myself listening to Maya Amano's theme song from Persona 2 a lot today.

I feel kind of guilty when I play a new song that I like on repeat because it seems like I shouldn't be listening to these songs as much as I do. But at the same time, I don't keep the volume up too loud, so I'm not disturbing anyone with it as far as I know.
    *returns*
  • edited 2012-05-28 22:30:17
    I got both white and chocolate milk. I also got some pudding cups.

I am well-stocked now.
    WELL STOCKED FOR THE COMING APOCALYPSE
  • zoom im telling you you really shouldnt smoke pot

but i wannaaaaaaaa

fine but dont bother me when you start to get the munchies

*two and a half hours later*

piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

*zzzzzzzzz*

piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

*zzzzzzWHAAA!!! what what what is it

I need cheerios and a ball of mozzarella cheese

right

now

[to be continued]

[maybe]

Decide what to draw.

Maybe draw a ceiling fan or something.
  • edited 2012-05-28 22:41:48
    That sounds like a good one.
    -barks happily-
  • edited 2012-05-28 22:48:37
    Ceiling fans seem like they'd be good practice material for drawing, since most of them are pretty simple in shape and proportions. I'm not experienced in drawing, though.

Also, I just realized something. Sabertooth-tiger-pangolin sounds like a kind of pet that an A:TLA character would have. In case anyone's wondering, I picked those two animals because they're an approximation of what one of the characters in my daydream RPG story is supposed to be.
    -gives Morby a doggy treat-

-eats the doggy treat-

Woof!

Eating dinner right now.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Heh, Twilight as Belle and Rainbow Dash as Gaston. That's even funnier, considering what happens in "Read It and Weep"...

also I'M BACK BIATCHES. tumut

really fun gimmick level
    @Lee: Funny, I thought of "Read It and Weep" when I saw that, too.

Also, that scene always bugged me because Gaston, after flipping through most of the book, says it has no pictures. YES IT DOES. BELLE JUST SHOWED IT TO US NOT THREE MINUTES EARLIER.