The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    right lane MUST smoke weed
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Gn
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    If US 420 was still a thing, it would be lined with gas stations and fast food joints.

Hehe..."joint"....
  • I have just witnessed the most terrifying thing I have ever witnessed.

It was that show on History about taboos. Normally, I just take one look at the things in that show, shrug, and think "eh, whatever." But not this time.

You've read about people stuffing their deceassed pets, I'm sure. That already creeps me out.  But this was worse.

You know how hunters mount the heads of things they've hunted on the wall? There was someone who did the same thing with their dead dog.

Good god...I'm not getting any sleep tonight... :< *Hugs my dog tight, promising that I'll never let that be done to him*

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BURNABY, B.C. (CUP) — On Sept. 18, Mitchell Heisman blew his brains out with a revolver on the steps of Harvard Memorial Church in front of a tour group of 30 people.

While not noteworthy in and of itself, suicides on college campuses not being totally unheard of, what is noteworthy about Mitchell Heisman is the 1,905-page suicide note he emailed to over 400 people in the hours before his exit.

When I first found out about Heisman and his epic suicide note, my reaction was probably the same as the one you are feeling write now: A knee-jerk desire to write off the situation as a depressing example of an attention seeking blowhard attempting to chisel a place in history by releasing a diatribe against injustices both perceived and real that the world had foisted upon him. Then I started reading it.

Suicide Note is a masterpiece of modern philosophy and a brilliant application of socio-biological theory to politics. I have read 400 pages of it so far, and have been unable to put it down.

The book is a magnificently written, unbelievably well researched, poignant and thought-provoking work that confirms that philosophy is still alive in the 21st century. Chapters of the book have intriguing titles like "God is Technology" and "The Seditious Genius of the Spiritual Penis of Jesus."

I do not agree with his final thesis regarding the embrace of nihilism and the rejection of hope. However, the work contains what is probably the most brilliant synthesis of the technological singularity theory, a scathing critique of modern liberalism, and what is probably the most original theory regarding the roots of the American Civil War.

Huh.
  • Reading now.

The dude's right, this is pretty interesting and well written.
  • edited 2012-05-19 20:05:29
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I have to make a confession. 

I want to fuck Megaman's little blue butt. 

No, I don't, not really, just having a little fun.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I'm playing my Nintendo Gamecube games on my Wii. Awesome.
  • the work contains what is probably the most brilliant synthesis of the technological singularity theory, a scathing critique of modern liberalism, and what is probably the most original theory regarding the roots of the American Civil War.

This seems like a very random collection of things.

I'd read it if I didn't know I'd find it either fantastically boring or horribly depressing.

• I just threw away a fly covered dead rodent!!!
  • Whoa, the wind is HOWLING .
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

are two riders approaching

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I love the audience's reaction. It's so over the top:

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It would be funny if APPLE.MOV were a real episode of the show.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    into the valley of death

rode the six hundred
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I have returned!
    Hi Gator. How was dinner?
    all the old paintings on the tomb

they do the sand dance, doncha know
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    AU: It went okay. Apparently, fried macaroni and cheese nuggets exist.

CA: Oh jeez, I have no idea why I find that song so catchy, but I do.
    digression is the soul of literature
  • Can't remember if I left my computer at home or on the bus.

There is more to that story, but I have wisely chosen to omit it. I may make "stories from my life with vital pieces of context missing" my new thing if puns get old. Like, the time I was woken up from a nap by two people carrying assault rifles.
    Omission can be a useful literary tool as well.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    mmmmmm chicken soup
  • Imi: funny you should say that. Part of the "thesis" of my course of study in college was the idea that basically, the way people tell their life stories has a lot in common with fictional story telling. Psychologist named Jerome Bruner had some pretty brilliant research into that area, actually.
    mother of fuck, it's just now 11 o clock

i'm gonna fucking go insane
    welcome to the 24-hour harmacy
  • Yo

Tre

Tre

Tre Tre Tre Tre

I might be getting my first production credit

check the music thread

I am excited as fuck.

• That's awesome, man. Good job!
    Great to hear, Lazuli! I hope it goes over well.
  • Haven said:

Imi: funny you should say that. Part of the "thesis" of my course of study in college was the idea that basically, the way people tell their life stories has a lot in common with fictional story telling. Psychologist named Jerome Bruner had some pretty brilliant research into that area, actually.

Know of any papers that he's wrote that you would recommend, off the top of your head?
  • What would be a better album title: District 76 or Allowed to be Disavowed?

The one I choose not to use will still be a song name.
    District 76 sounds better as an album title, and Allowed to be Disavowed fits decently as a song title. I'd go with that.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Welcome back, Gatorade.

I like District 76 myself.
  • what the above two said, IMO

also, do you guys think me going off here is justified? I mean, the guy's obviously an idiot, it just kind of pissed me off is all.

• TreTre
    edited 2012-05-20 00:02:24
    District 76 by Tre Stuck

76 (intro)
    Frames!
    Anorak Avenue
    Camels (unmade)
    In A Tight, Jazzy Trance
    And The Winner Is
    Waffles (unmade)
    Allowed to be Disavowed (unmade)
    The District (outro)

at least one of these shall also feature Mr. Blixty Slycat
    I guess so.

Though if it's not genuine you may be feeding a troll, considering the Stalin avatar.
  • edited 2012-05-20 00:02:04

My band discovery of the day. An interesting cross between Post-Metal and Mathcore.
  • Judging by his other posts, I kind of think the guy is too stupid to be a troll, to be perfectly honest.

And I've expressed my views on the unimportance of the line between "having a stupid opinion" and "pretending to have a stupid opinion" before, so I won't go back into that.

Tre: coolbeanz

• edited 2012-05-20 00:04:36
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    It's at least understandable. What that guy said was extremely rude and insensitive; I don't think anyone here would disagree with you there.

Though I didn't consider the possibility that he might be trolling. Yes, I know, I should be more skeptical of that sort of thing by now, but still. Nonetheless, I kind of agree with you that it shouldn't matter.
  • Tre said:

at least one of these shall also feature Mr. Blixty Slycat
    I could do something with "Camels" or "The District" depending on what they sound like, both titles give me ideas, is all.