The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Old Mac Donald had a farm.

Had.

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    baldur's hamburger 2
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Neverwinter Chicken Nuggets
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    planescape: french fries
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Kirby's Return to Chili Dogs
    icewind salad
    The Elder Scrolls VI: Onion Rings
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Apricot
  • Old Mac Donald had a farm.

Had.

TRESPEAK REFERENCE LOL
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Got back from my first few hours of volunteering at the Free Store.

Most of that time was spent rummaging through bags of donated clothes and putting them on hangers.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Hi there. How did it go?

I'm about to go out in about half an hour here...
    The Free Store sounds like Goodwill. That makes me kind of curious about the regional differences between... I'm not sure what you'd call them. Charity thrift stores, I guess.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    NO MORE HEROES
    Travis Touchdown
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    CA,

Why is the petrol so cheap where you live?
    Me too, squid. Also, I forget I have instant message sometimes.
    reaper reaper reaper
  • petrol

cheap

surely, you jest
  • Hey, I think we have that exact switcher as part of my basement's surround sound system! Or at least, it looks exactly like it.

It was like 100 bucks at Target but it came with the other speakers too.
  • edited 2012-05-19 16:03:30
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-05-19 16:15:22
    I should start shopping at the Goodwill around here, or getting my parents to, anyway.

The best thing I got that wasn't originally mine was that black hoodie I almost always wear. I got it for free from a tornado help box thingy sent to our family by my school.

• So much swag.

The funniest thing about this is that Butt-head's actually kind of right.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Actutally the Free Store is different from a Goodwill store, because it's, well, free. We sort through the donations (mostly clothes) and put them out on the racks, then people in need can "shop" and take the items for free. You're allowed a certain number of items per month, depending on your income and the size of your household.
  • Can you still buy things?
  • edited 2012-05-19 16:46:11
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    No, it's all free.

It's not what you would think of as a traditional store; it's laid out like one, but it's in the basement of a church and they send in the shoppers in groups with a limited amount of time to shop.
    CA: Ah, okay. My mistake. Sorry about that.

I'll probably start looking for volunteer work next week. I still haven't quite decided what I want to do.
    What are you sorry for? I hadn't explained it before, so you couldn't possibly have known that. :P

I'm bored now...
    Why do you have petrol at $3.70ish CA and where do you live? the merry old land of Oz?
  • Dude, you're like a broken record.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    But naturally, Americans must be informed of their Americanness at regular intervals, or they might forget it.
    Tbh, I'm just sick of people thinking that $3.70ish is expensive for a gallon of petrol when it quite clearly isn't. Try dealing with it when its more than twice that with shitter public transport.
  • edited 2012-05-19 17:13:38
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Serioiusly, though, what kind of question is that? It's not as if I'm the one who chooses to charge more for gas in the UK than in the midwestern US.

^ Shittier public transport? Lol no. Public transportation in my city is nearly nonexistent, especially in the part where I live.
  • Fouria G said:

But naturally, Americans must be informed of their Americanness at regular intervals, or they might forget it.

4.23 per gallon...in Fresno. X(

Shittier public transport? Lol no. Public transportation in my city is nearly nonexistent, especially in the part where I live.

Define non-existence please, the bus that takes me to the town centre only comes once every 30 mins which btw is the same time it takes to walk to the town centre. There isn't a Sunday service at all for most buses here.

But Public transport here is fantastic if you live in a city but I don't so yeah.
    Well, let me put it this way: from where I live, there is only one bus into the city (around 6 AM) and one bus back out (around 4 PM).

If those times don't work for you and you don't have a car or someone to ride with, you're screwed.
    damn gas prices!
    Well, let me put it this way: from where I live, there is only one bus
    into the city (around 6 AM) and one bus back out (around 4 PM).

Wow, that does suck

derp UK

• edited 2012-05-19 17:33:09
    I wonder where AU went off to. He said he was leaving; I imagine he's eating out somewhere.
  • edited 2012-05-19 17:32:55