The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Yeah, the whole song almost sounds like shoegazing now.
  • MetaFour said:

Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete
  • I’m on a train.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    a train to where
  • edited 2018-01-11 20:22:06
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Depressing thought: even if Ed Sheeran never has a hit single again, we're still in for like 20 years of other pop musicians performing songs he wrote
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oof.
    Pop music in general these days is garbage, not just Mr. Sheeran.

Fight me.

I miss the quality musick of yesteryear
  • a train to where

York. Staying at the boy’s house for the weekend.

Have fun!
  • the following poster has won a free cruise to the bahamas
    woohoo!
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Have fun in Old York
    there is a magic machine that takes a special coin available nowhere else and used for nothing else.  when you put a coin in the machine and turn the crank, it with a 50% chance of giving you nothing and a 50% chance of giving you *two* coins and one United States dollar.  How much would you pay for one of these coins?  For 100?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You can tell I'm an engineering major because my immediate response is "I think I would have to run some simulations before I could answer that"
    I'm not a gambling cow
  • kill living beings
    E[coin] = 0.5*(1 + 2*E[coin]) -> 2*E[coin] = 1 + 2*E[coin], so i guess any amount of money, which is why proper economists know someone would come up with another use. maybe get a speculation market going
  • Calica said:

there is a magic machine that takes a special coin available nowhere else and used for nothing else.  when you put a coin in the machine and turn the crank, it with a 50% chance of giving you nothing and a 50% chance of giving you *two* coins and one United States dollar.  How much would you pay for one of these coins?  For 100?

is this cryptocurrency

E[coin] = 0.5*(1 + 2*E[coin]) -> 2*E[coin] = 1 + 2*E[coin], so i guess any amount of money, which is why proper economists know someone would come up with another use. maybe get a speculation market going

so you'd pay infinity dollars even though there's a zero percent chance of it paying out infinity dollars? ;)
    anyways the actual cost is a small piece of your soul
    I knew it
  • kill living beings
    Calica said:

so you'd pay infinity dollars even though there's a zero percent chance of it paying out infinity dollars? ;)
    i don't have infinity dollars
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Calica said:

i don't have infinity dollars
    So you'd pay 35 cents and a Target Canada gift card. Noted.
  • Still in York, woke up with a sore throat and a headache. The boy said that we can go for a walk to the shops to get some stuff, and then stay in all day playing on his Switch.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    That sounds fun
    I have to go to work

that's less fun
  • Playing Breath of the Wild, and I prove myself to be just a good a cook in the game as I am in real life.
    Breath of the Wild is legitimately the first Zelda game in a decade or more to seriously interest me.

I mean I only played it for ten minutes, personally, but the concept is great.
  • how hard is it to return something to Amazon and get a refund? either via Amazon credit or just via cash I'm not picky

I bought a laptop battery the other day and the thing doesn't work. It's an inert lump of plastic.
    Amazon is usually pretty good about returns

The hardest part would probably be finding a UPS store near you to have it shipped back
  • ahh, that's true =\

I'll say, Bull Tech turned out to be a surprisingly apt name cuz this thing A) doesn't work and B) isn't actually compatible with my laptop, which the listing said it was
    I remember one time I ordered two books from Amazon and they only sent me one. So I let them know and they promptly sent me the other.

The thing I wondered was, how did they know I really didn't get the second book? What if I was just trying to get another copy for some reason? It was just a little paperback but still
  • The thing I wondered was, how did they know I really didn't get the second book? What if I was just trying to get another copy for some reason? It was just a little paperback but still

If you did it repeatedly I'm sure they'd get suspicious but when it's just once it probably doesn't cost them enough to be worth worrying about.
    that's what I figured
  • I remember one time I ordered two books from Amazon and they only sent me one. So I let them know and they promptly sent me the other.

The thing I wondered was, how did they know I really didn't get the second book? What if I was just trying to get another copy for some reason? It was just a little paperback but still

I ordered two sims 3 expansions packs from amazon once, and after a week or so I didn’t receive them. I then asked for a refund, which I got. The next day, the games arrived.

So I essentially got them for free.

well now that's lucky for you, eh
  • edited 2018-01-15 01:04:54
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Last year, I ordered Grandma a phone charger off Amazon. At the time, she was still using a decade-old flip phone, so it wasn't a standard micro-USB charger, but a weird proprietary one that only one vendor on Amazon was selling.

So I bought it and...they shipped me two 4 GB SD cards instead.

I contacted Amazon to get it sorted out and I was like "yeah, uh, I received the wrong product" and they were like "well, just keep the SD cards, and we'll refund your money"

And then I was like "Well, thanks, but I still need the phone charger, so keep my money and send me the correct product and we're all good"

But then...they both shipped the correct product and refunded my money. So I ended up with two SD cards and a phone charger all for free.
  • edited 2018-01-15 01:07:02

When I got a second interview at Target they showed us a video that basically told us "is a customer contests a price, just go with it"
    that's generally what we do unless it's a large price difference (like, a hundred bucks or something)
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Jane said:

how hard is it to return something to Amazon and get a refund? either via Amazon credit or just via cash I'm not picky

I bought a laptop battery the other day and the thing doesn't work. It's an inert lump of plastic.
    I'd leave a one-star review stating exactly the issues you had with it. Based on my past Amazon experiences, the seller will probably reach out to you to offer a full refund and possibly a replacement. I've ended up getting refunds even when I didn't really want one for leaving a 3 star review on a product I wasn't totally satisfied with but which was still okay. O.o

If the seller doesn't contact you within a couple business days, it's super easy to return amazon items generally. Like Centie said, going to a UPS store is the most difficult part.  
    I will say it's worth being wary when buying batteries online, because oftentimes the claimed capacity is a big fat LIE.

Sometimes the lies are blatant enough to verge on comical, like when they advertise carrying the equivalent of 5 car batteries in your pocket, but often they advertise a realistic capacity only to have the actual product hold far, far less charge than the seller claimed.
  • edited 2018-01-16 17:18:13
    ಠ_ಠ
    Me: I don’t have any money to buy video games.

Square Enix: *announces new FF XV content*

Me: Take my money!!
    Your taste for FFXV is endearing.
  • I...

I just have a lot of feelings okay >_>
    It ain't a bad thing. :p Rather see people I like excitedly enjoying stuff than not.
  • Besides, I’ve applied for new jobs so hopefully I’ll have money soon.

And then I can do my masters.

I hope.
    Good luck!!
  • Two more jobs applied for. 

What's the point in having a forensic science degree if I can't bloody use it anywhere *grumble grumble*
  • It is currently snowing.

I have a driving lesson tomorrow.
    Driving in snow is great fun, and by great fun I mean blehhhhhh