The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2018-02-05 02:54:45
    You know for some reason it only just now struck me how weird it is that the NFL decides its champion based on one single game rather than a series.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

You know for some reason it only just now struck me how weird it is that the NFL decides its champion based on one single game rather than a series.

Their entire postseason works that way

A series is not feasible given that American football is much more physically taxing than the other major sports, and the regular season has many fewer games than the other major leagues' anyway
  • Sure I guess.

Football is weird.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

College basketball also does that because the tournament has 64 teams
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Wait 68, I forgot the first four games in Dayton
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    like some kid with eyes
  • So I am in deep shit right now.

I get benefits to keep me afloat whilst I find a proper job, except there was a kerfuffle when I got my temp job at Sainsbury's. After my contract ended and I went back to being unemployed, I rang up to confirm that I was unemployed and that I had received my payslip. Everything was fine, until I received a letter telling me that my benefits will stop because I am now in full time employment. I check my bank, and Sainsbury's have paid me for a month that I haven't worked. 

It sounds awesome, but if I don't get it fixed, I could be taken to court for being a fraud. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Do you have any way to prove it was Sainsbury's mistake and not anything you did?
  • Phew, everything is fine. 

It was a temporary cock up, and because I'm not earning any proper money, my benefits will kick in next month. 

And I don't have to pay it back. 
  • Right, back to writing!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    image On the bright side, if the thing does flash, you won't know about it.
  • kill living beings
    O_o
  • edited 2018-02-05 16:15:01
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

"Dangerous work hazard".
  • Done some more writing, and got a rough timeline of my story.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    NO PPE IS SAFE

one of those spacesuits steelworkers and volcano explorers use, maybe but even then I wouldn't bet on it
    Arc flashes can reach up 19426 C, so I'm gonna take a wild guess and say not. (For the sake of comparison, the surface of the sun is 5505 C. Also the arc blast would probably break you to pieces anyway.)
  • ugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
    ugh?
  • Oh, it's nothing really. 

It's just that I'm frustrated at the recent Harry Potter news.
  • edited 2018-02-05 20:22:37
    ಠ_ಠ
    Basically, JK Rowling has outed a character as gay, but refuses to show them being gay on screen. 
    Well that's.....weird.
    Toolsie said:

Basically, JK Rowling has outed a character as gay, but refuses to show them being gay on screen. 

WB doesn't want to lose out on revenue from countries where homosexuality is taboo or even illegal is the thing
  • edited 2018-02-05 20:34:17
    because what's even the point of making a harry potter movie if it gets banned in uganda
  • It's the Fantastic Beasts prequels, and Dumbledore appears as a young man. She outed him as gay in 2007, and even now, 11 years later, she refuses to expand upon it. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Wow, has it really been that long?
  • Yep. I understand her not writing about it in 2007, as it wasn't that safe to talk about.

But in 2018?!
  • Been writing all day, and I am up to 13181 words.
    Toolsie said:

Yep. I understand her not writing about it in 2007, as it wasn't that safe to talk about.

But in 2018?!
    Like I said, money!
    Toolsie said:

Been writing all day, and I am up to 13181 words.

cool!
  • Would anyone like to read a bit? 

For science!, of course. 

And proofreading because I cannot proofread my own writing for shit.
    I would read a bit

just a bit, though
    It's snowing. It's been doing that a lot, lately.
  • Yeah, it's snowing here. Not a great deal, but it's been constant for about two hours.
    Snow has been pretty usual here for a while.
  • Ugh, my motivation has ran out. 
  • I have come to the conclusion that I am a genetic mutant

Where’s the X Men when you need them
    Toolsie said:

I have come to the conclusion that I am a genetic mutant

Where’s the X Men when you need them

do you really want a lifetime contract with DISNEY
  • Two and a half years or so later: Well, so much for the wrong script!
  • ...ok to be fair, that wouldn't have made sense two and a half years ago and isn't even the fun part anyway.
  • Anyway, hi. Anything cool happen in the past two and a half years or so?

Or, y'know, the past couple months or so.
    Cool? Sure. It's freezing out and there's snow.

Good times, as always.
  • well yes that does sound cool.

and how about awesome, did anything awesome happen?

or... kittenish?
  • Context: At my Brownie Guide unit, the small groups are preparing for sock puppet shows. I'm going round with paint so they can paint their backgrounds and props. I approach one group, who are doing Little Red Riding Hood, and one of them is painting some cardboard cones. 

Me: Oh, they're good, what are they?
    9 y.o.: Traffic cones.

Now, maybe it's just because I'm old and behind the times, but I don't remember there being traffic cones in Little Red Riding Hood. 

It must be the Central Avenue roadgeek version.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Clearly, in this version, the Big Bad Wolf gets to Granny's house before Red does by convincing her that the normal road to the house is under construction and she needs to take a detour.

It must be the Central Avenue roadgeek version.

I smiled. Back when I had my basement bedroom I used to have some orange traffic cones as part of my collection of roadgeek stuff. (They're in my parents' attic now, mostly because I don't have room for them.)
  • MetaFour said:

Clearly, in this version, the Big Bad Wolf gets to Granny's house before Red does by convincing her that the normal road to the house is under construction and she needs to take a detour.

That's what I thought. 

We didn't tell them to do that, they just did it themselves. 
    How PennDOT.
    I've never been to PennDOT but I have been to multiple ODOT facilities
    PennDOT ensures that your route is never without detours