Johnny Zep.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Led Deppelin?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    DAE feel like music history is kinda whiggish

Odradek said:

Odradek said:

Oh wow Laci Green is in an MRA power couple with Chris Ray Gun.

Lindsay Ellis has gotta be scrambling to get brunch reservations locked down for the next nerd convention

Uh oh Dan Olson came in with his degree in armchair psychology to tell us this is all because Laci Green is an ex-Mormon

God her whole squad is a buncha middlebrow craven loser pseuds

Y'know, you actually posted what he said elsewhere, and it was remarkably insensitive and snotty and even bigoted, for sure, but then you said you wouldn't bother calling him out on it because you think he'd ignore you or his sycophants would get mad, and... why the fuck not do it anyway? You come over here and whine about how some person who makes Youtube videos was throwing shade at you on Twitter and her fans on SA are dicks and you make it into a fucking months-long drama about your abject humiliation, and yet you refuse to actually stand your ground on *any* of this shit. You just bash us over the head for not being supportive enough for not constantly telling you how right you are about everything and how all your decisions in this matter have been sound ones, and I am sick of it. I am your friend, not your toady. Grow a damned spine and fight back for once.
    Incidentally he never responded
    These people have no intellectual honesty whatsoever. It's why Lindsay was able to distort my position while quoting the entire post, because she could bank on her idiotic sycophant followers not noticing
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    intellectual honesty is one of the rarest elements in the universe, I think.
    Levels of it that low can only be achieved by humongous middlebrow hacks, though
    Just like how being conciliatory did not stop her or any of her subhuman spineless fans from taking constant swipes at me.

I should have just told her to fuck off, would have been more satisfying
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Living well is the best revenge.  It's cliche, but true.

The second best revenge is becoming a storyteller and getting narrative revenge a la Chaucer in A Knight's Tale.
    That's a good movie
  • kill living beings
    knight's tale's a bullshit one. miller had the right idea
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

Odradek said:

Odradek said:

Oh wow Laci Green is in an MRA power couple with Chris Ray Gun.

Lindsay Ellis has gotta be scrambling to get brunch reservations locked down for the next nerd convention

Uh oh Dan Olson came in with his degree in armchair psychology to tell us this is all because Laci Green is an ex-Mormon

God her whole squad is a buncha middlebrow craven loser pseuds

Y'know, you actually posted what he said elsewhere, and it was remarkably insensitive and snotty and even bigoted, for sure, but then you said you wouldn't bother calling him out on it because you think he'd ignore you or his sycophants would get mad, and... why the fuck not do it anyway? You come over here and whine about how some person who makes Youtube videos was throwing shade at you on Twitter and her fans on SA are dicks and you make it into a fucking months-long drama about your abject humiliation, and yet you refuse to actually stand your ground on *any* of this shit. You just bash us over the head for not being supportive enough for not constantly telling you how right you are about everything and how all your decisions in this matter have been sound ones, and I am sick of it. I am your friend, not your toady. Grow a damned spine and fight back for once.
    Incidentally he never responded
    This is unfortunate and annoying. However...
    Odradek said:

These people have no intellectual honesty whatsoever. It's why Lindsay was able to distort my position while quoting the entire post, because she could bank on her idiotic sycophant followers not noticing

...don't do this, please.
    humongous middlebrow hacks
    I was in a bad mood because I looked back to check, and Jacob Chapman put a fucking Red Letter Media gif directly under the post where I was called an asshole
  • edited 2017-07-25 02:31:55
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ "Middlebrow" as a derogatory dig may be the dumbest thing in common currency in the world of media criticism, partly because the lowbrow/highbrow distinction was dumb enough to begin with and partly because it has long since ceased to have any coherent meaning. At least in the first half of the twentieth century it had some value as a descriptor of where popular culture was at, but now? God, just fuck it.

(This also applies to people aligning themselves with "middlebrow" culture like it actually means anything, for the record, as these people tend to buy into these distinctions even more than regular snobs and reverse-snobs.)

^ I mean, that's an unpleasant coincidence, but you've been letting these things fester to the point that they make next to no sense any more.
    they may still be humongous and hacks, though
    I mean, Dan Olson's videos on film are still really fascinating, and I don't think he's an awful human being. His demeanour on SA and Twitter just annoys me a great deal.
    I get your point

Anyway I will always appreciate The Birthday Boys for writing one of the most perceptive comedy bits about news reporting on autism I've ever seen

It's pretty classic.
    Part of the reason I don't like bringing up my autism is I've seen so many people "um actuallying"  inspirational portrayals of autism in the media by going "Well in reality, autistic people can never be in relationships, fall in love, or hold down a steady career, this is just fantasy" while somehow thinking they are defending autistic people
    People are really poorly educated about autism in general. I'm pretty sure it's getting better over time but it's still troubling.
    Yes

For the most part I don't feel super distanced from understanding how others feel like a lot of people I read about, but every now and then even here I'll feel like I'm being playful and it'll turn out I was really hurting someone's feelings, or someone else will be playful and my feelings will get hurt.
    Another thing: When people around me talk negatively about other people behind their backs it makes me very uncomfortable, because it makes me doubt if anyone around me really likes me
    Right now I feel very exposed talking about this
    My mother is terrible that way. She'll have somebody over for lunch or whatever, and the minute they leave she's on the phone with someone else telling them all this negative stuff she just learned (or thinks she learned) about whoever it was. God only knows what she says about me

ughhhhh
    I feel like a lot of people get hung up on the fact that missing certain kinds of social cues and subtext can be so easy and so sharp a disconnect, and assume it must be entirely debilitating or indicative of a lack of true empathy.
    Yes.

My best hope is that I'll get better by trying and eventually my failings will come off as eccentricity
    Odradek said:

Another thing: When people around me talk negatively about other people behind their backs it makes me very uncomfortable, because it makes me doubt if anyone around me really likes me

This is understandable.

I get uncomfortable with it if it feels like it's not so much a grievance as mockery, but I really just don't care for punching down in general.
    Odradek said:

Yes.

My best hope is that I'll get better by trying and eventually my failings will come off as eccentricity
    Eccentricity has its ups and downs, but it's a step up from "irreparably handicapped" and "sociopathic" by leagues.
    Yes
  • edited 2017-07-25 03:39:05
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

I've become eccentric and let me tell you, it works more often than it logically should

wat
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    It's my birthday, you suckers.
    happy birthday sucker.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    happy birthday
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Happy birthday, fucker.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    hp brt
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

happy birthday sucker.