The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• the past 16 or so posts
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'm sorry for doing the Thing again.

I was being stupid and conflated things again.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    meow
  • edited 2016-09-29 00:23:16
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I'm sorry my venting a little about people being jerks bothers you??

I feel like I need to censor myself around you.
    I think he was talking to me and Myr?

Maybe not, though.
  • kill living beings
    Welcome hell

Disclaimer this refers to real events not whatever you nerdlingers are up to
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Whatever I was complaining about 40 minutes ago is a flea on top of an elephant now
  • edited 2016-09-29 00:41:57
    ^^^ "sixteen or so" literally begins with my daring to complain.

Whatever, I'm seeing myself off because I'm quite frankly angry with, among other real life stuff, how I get a snappy indirect response to complaining about people being rude in a space where people usually do, and I rarely take it that far. And the tunes I only ever do get direct discussions they're low-key patronizing! I'd expect you of all people to understand feelings censored by default here but God, bye, maybe I'll be in a better mood later.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Crystal said:

^^^ "sixteen or so" literally begins with my daring to complain.

Pretty sure that wasn't an exact number. But I think the point was that people here get very up in arms about what other people do or don't like and what people are or aren't allowed to say or think in weird, somewhat arbitrary and hypocritical ways. Like this whole descriptivism/prescriptivism thing, or this harping on the stereotypical teenager attitude of "I like everything in a category except X." I dunno.
  • edited 2016-09-29 01:10:08
    Why don't you say that! I'm so tired of having to deal with so so much ambiguity and doing the thing where I spend an hour composing a response before deleting it because I expect a sarcastic - *not* joking response, which quotes honestly are hard to tell from the *genuine* comments - response. And how in the heck am I, of all people, harping?? Sometimes I will publicly post something in the musings thread or here but when I'm really just being a curmudgeon or in that sort of low-key irritated about everything mood, that goes in my personal thread.

And besides that I'm baffled as to how you think I might be dunking on dumb teenager things when, aside from that not being a thing that I do (which is important!), like, I very explicitly mentioned the wholesale dismissal in and of itself. You know, the sort of all electronic music is garbage sentiment? Or "trance" is really mocked as a proxy for younger folks just getting into electronic music? How is that controversial in the slightest? I mean, it's not even something I talk about much overall but sometimes something is just irritating.
  • edited 2016-09-29 01:12:15
    Of course maybe being indirect and patronizing is the best way to show me that, in fact, certain sorts of music are just 100% trash full stop. Silly me, I am a neophyte at this after all.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Imicow in da house
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^ I don't know. I'm just offering an interpretation. And, as I said, I don't think it was aimed at you to begin with.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    If it isn't I'm sorry but this also brings up my issue with vagueness like that around here, which is not pleasant. I could say more but this is not the place.
    I'm still sorry for doing the Thing and partially causing everything to blow up like this.

It is personally annoying to me how I see the singular "they" gainsaid. No, not everyone who does that is transphobic and I really shouldn't have implied that was the case.

That's about as far as I can elaborate right now, because I'm low on spoons so my thoughts aren't coming easily to me.
    Everyone talks about gainsaying, but never losesaying. Shaking my head honestly.
    be attitude for gains
  • Tfw you can't get a DBS check because you don't the required paperwork. 

• You know when you're playing a game and everything just falls perfectly into place without you even trying?

That's what's happened in The Sims 3 right now.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    One day, a long time ago, a man cut down a fig tree growing in his garden. And so in turn, the tree's son, consumed by the passion for revenge, slew the man's family. The man, in grief, retaliated, and they were both slain in mortal combat. But their feud did not die with them. Their children carried on their battles, and then their children's children, until the two families forgot why they fought in the first place.

The moral of the story is: War is a ficus cycle.
    I remember Moleville!
    Toolsie said:

You know when you're playing a game and everything just falls perfectly into place without you even trying?

That's what's happened in The Sims 3 right now.

everyone starving or what
  • Nope.

I have:
    * two married Sims
    * an alien housemate
    * an alien baby from the male married Sim
    * a human baby
    * two soon to be imaginary friends of the two babies
  • Adventure Time's days are numbered; they've decided Season 9 will be its last, and it'll end in 2018.

Hard to be sad about it now because it's so far off, but I think the decision to give it a finite length is a wise one. The fact that Regular Show is leaving the airwaves too signaled that it was a bit of an inevitability, and giving them two more seasons to work with should give them the chance to tie up whatever loose threads are still left.
  • I should catch up to recent eps so I can be there for the finale
    I still wanna get caught up for the sake of Stakes, so I might as well try to catch up for the finale too.
  • Tre said:

Adventure Time's days are numbered; they've decided Season 9 will be its last, and it'll end in 2018.

Hard to be sad about it now because it's so far off, but I think the decision to give it a finite length is a wise one. The fact that Regular Show is leaving the airwaves too signaled that it was a bit of an inevitability, and giving them two more seasons to work with should give them the chance to tie up whatever loose threads are still left.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat that's crazy
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I'm genuinely confused by this. "I took an Uber to the wrong airport, a cab got me to the right airport, therefore, cabs are bad."???
    Well, Cernovich. That and witty comment about cabs goes here.
  • kill living beings
    seems to be "got an uber but fucked it up, which is why i had to take a cab, which, by the way, sucked"
    This is a man who literally thinks his semen is magic, so
  • kill living beings
    Lol.
  • kill living beings
    the enlightenment was a reasonable time.
  • " An angry Martin Luther nailed 95 theocrats to a church door."

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    i have cernovich blocked because fuck him
    Blad Bleople
    got a new gamepad

woohoo
  • Is it sad that my lunch today has been a packet of midget gems?
    Midget gems?
    Why Gamers Don't Hate No Man's Sky Enough 

'No Man's Sky' is fit for philosophy classes and absolutely nothing else.

Cracked is really leaping onto this bandwagon I see
  • I didn't expect the knowledge that I conceptualize my face as a mirror image of what it actually looks like to fuck me up as much as it is right now when I realized/learned it years ago, but it is.
    ""Listen, if you don't give these collect-a-thon corridor platformers I was marketed into liking a fair shake, you're gonna hear about it.""

I like internet arguments that devolve into accusations of bad faith
    I am lying, I do not actually like them