The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2016-04-10 07:06:59
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

I used to have one of these:

...and, like, it's one of the few instances where Apple's designers put too much emphasis on aesthetics and not enough on practicality.

Because that transparent basin around the whole thing looks real cool...until you've used it for a few months and it just ends up becoming a dirt and dust collector.
    We still have a couple of those at work, for whenever we actually need a Mac keyboard. I checked eBay and they go for pretty insane prices, despite being, what, 10 years old or so now?
  • i'd imagine it's because they were the last Mac-specific keyboards Apple made that weren't flat chiclet-styled ones

or some of the last, I don't know when they switched to the aluminum flat board style they've been using (though I can say with confidence that it was at least before 2008).
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I still have that keyboard! With a blue rubber cover to keep it from collecting too much dirt and crud.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • I'm on a train
  • I hate that when you sleep too much you feel wiped out

It's not like I even want to sleep for 11 hours
    I was going to say "sleep is bullshit" but really, the problem here is consciousness
  • im at Ulta, tried some facial cleanser stuff that is absolutely a m a z i n g
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Flying Witch is so cute.
  • the clerk at the PacSun noticed my courtsides and I got roped into a 15 minute sneaker conversation
  • pacific sunwear
  • i've never actually shopped there lol

too $$$
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    bass
  • Tre said:

i've never actually shopped there lol

too $$$
    ive never bought anything there because it's p mall trash but i was bored of waiting for my sister @ Forever 21
  • Me *struggling with a calculation*: I fucking hate maths

Me *after figuring out how to do the calculation*: I fucking love maths
    success makes all the difference, eh
    like they say, the difference between genius and insanity is success
  • Yep.

I also loaded up my PS3 so I could let Destiny update whilst I finished off my work. Signed in PSN only to find that my password in no longer valid, and I have to change it via my computer. 

It's like they want me to procrastinate more than I already am.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Me as a time traveler: But you can't just send everyone who disagrees with you to a Siberian Gulag! That's immoral!

Stalin: Uh, Geek Social Fallacy #1 much? I just want to purge all dissent from the USSR and reign unchallenged, it looks like you have some growing up to do.
    The GSF are probably somewhere in Combat Liberalism
  • Turns out that the update didn't apply to me, despite the servers being down on Friday.

Oh well. 
    Jesus Christ: One of you denies me, one of you betrays me

Judas: Hey hey hey! Looks like someone needs to bone up on their Geek Social Fallacies
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    And then, Odra shoved Stalin.  Presumably over someone on hands and knees behind Stalin, for massive punking power.  
    Stalin was 5'4 probably not too hard to shove.
  • kill living beings
    u are not naney
  • hey @Toolsie what's your PSN?

I dunno if it's possible for us to play together given that we're on different continents but I'm on the PS3 version of Destiny too
    Greek Social Fallacies.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Escape_from_Tomorrow&action=history Lol that edit war I accidentally got involved in a few months back is literally still happening
  • @Tre SlashBangHorror
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "notability standards" are the worst thing about wikipedia

like, somehow nothing is considered a reliable source unless there's some big corporate or academic publisher behind it, which seems to throw out a lot of decent independent bloggers and such
  • "notability standards" are the worst thing about wikipedia

like, somehow nothing is considered a reliable source unless there's some big corporate or academic publisher behind it, which seems to throw out a lot of decent independent bloggers and such
    surely you see the problem with letting bloggers count as a reliable source?
  • kill living beings
    myrmidon's the one wanting to remove things under ntoability standards. heh, heh.

myrmidon's the one wanting to remove things under ntoability standards. heh, heh.

yee
    Although I'm more focused on the ridiculousness of this edit war going on for so long without any attempt at dialogue or any attempt to settle the matter definitively one way or the other.
  • kill living beings
    yeah, it's silly. there's a rule about reverting more than threee times in a row, i think.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Jane said:

Obviously it shouldn't be a blanket thing of "all blogs are reliable sources", but going to the opposite extreme of "bloggers can never be reliable sources" strikes me as throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Surely there's room for, like, judgment? "Ok this looks legit", "No, that one's no good", etc. It's just that Wikipedia generally seems to favor sweeping generalized policies because getting people to agree on any kind of nuance is hard.
  • Jane said:

Obviously it shouldn't be a blanket thing of "all blogs are reliable sources", but going to the opposite extreme of "bloggers can never be reliable sources" strikes me as throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Surely there's room for, like, judgment? "Ok this looks legit", "No, that one's no good", etc. It's just that Wikipedia generally seems to favor sweeping generalized policies because getting people to agree on any kind of nuance is hard.
    I mean, yeah, that second part is why.

"People disagree on what blogs 'look good' and what blogs don't, therefore it's safer to just not count any as sources."

Really Wikipedia has enough problems with the current notability standards.
    Originally Pokemon were supposed to be differentiated by what function humans used them for. Rhydon and Lapras were both designed with this ethos in mind, serving as demolition and transport, respectively.

This fell by the wayside pretty quick though.
  • kill living beings
    they should stick with entomology >:|
  • the only acceptable source is angelfire pages
  • Toolsie said:

@Tre SlashBangHorror

Added! I'm TrevorWhatevr, for reference.
  • Added!

Though, it's my bedtime now xD
    Bedtime! I remember when I used to do that.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Bedtime! I remember when I used to do that.

• I try and make sure that I am in bed before 11pm every night. Even if I don't get to sleep before 3am, at least my body is rested.
  • "blog" is probably going to be the word TV shows and movies use to indicate "we are in the 2010s now", like "applesauce" or something was for the 1920s.
    Odradek said:

Me as a time traveler: But you can't just send everyone who disagrees with you to a Siberian Gulag! That's immoral!

Stalin: Uh, Geek Social Fallacy #1 much? I just want to purge all dissent from the USSR and reign unchallenged, it looks like you have some growing up to do.
    This is the best post I will ever make.

Put it on my tombstone.
    that's a lot to carve on a tombstone
  • isn't it basically that one comic with hitler

although i guess there's no rule about putting someone else's comic on your tombstone