The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• engage random maniacal giggling mode

where the fuck that mood came from I do not want to know.
  • Nuclear Fuschia

That sounds like it should be one of my thing-colors, like negative burgundy and hypothetical periwinkle and Schroedinger's Green.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    having purple hair
  • That or a nail polish color.

Nuclear Fuchsia, I mean.
  • Nuclear Fuchsia would make a good name for a jaeger
  • life update: I cannot keep up with posting in everyone's personal thread, or keep tack of which ones I have done yet
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I saw you get mine, Centie's, Yarrun's, and Haven's
  • I also got tre, crystal, kex, epitome, cerise, sredni...

eehhh whatever
  • that was the silliest thing I have done in some time

good stuff yo
  • What would you do if you had a five
    five dollar
    five dollar foot long
  • :NL voice: good shit that's some good shit right there good shit good shit
  • Jane said:

:NL voice: good shit that's some good shit right there good shit good shit

:NL voice: damn daniel
  • NLs response was the best part of the Damn Daniel meme because I never actually saw the original, and the whole thing completely passed me by, so like, that was the only real experience I had with it and it became incredible
  • edited 2016-04-07 04:51:57
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

^^ And the best fuccboi.
    my personal thread is the best one

in my opinion
  • kill living beings
    i am not ok with this presentation
  • klinotaxis

if you could

FOOT tall

I can't even complete this, my enthusiasm has run its course
  • kill living beings
    i'd fucking burn it. death to the imperials.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

me with podcasts:

start listening

five minutes in get distracted by something

twenty minutes later realize I haven't been paying attention for twenty minutes

go do something else

I sometimes have the same problem with videos too but it's easier to stay focused when I have something to look at.

same

i have this problem less with educational podcasts, because then i take notes which forces me to pay attention

i should note, at present my only means of listening to podcasts is at home with my computer
  • Oh Christ, Cameron's been implicated in the Panama leak?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    his father, at any rate

this is, like, the least surprising thing that could happen, tbh
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I can't believe Kirk Cameron would do such a thing.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/imaginarymaps

This is a cool subreddit
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Oh, no, not James Cameron!
  • I thought Candace Cameron was better than this...
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I listen to podcass quite a lot, actually.  Could you recommend me some, Odra?
    (2015 self)
    Also, YARRUN NEEDS TO READ MISTBORN SO I CAN TALK WITH HIM ABOUT IT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT!

My birthday is this monday, April 11, the 101st day of the year except not this year because leap year.
    Fiiiinnnee I will make the thread
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's not fair that, of all the preachy Christian films, it's God's Not Dead that got a sequel.

Meanwhile, no word on Kirk Cameron's Saving Easter

It's not fair that, of all the preachy Christian films, it's God's Not Dead that got a sequel.

Meanwhile, no word on Kirk Cameron's Saving Easter
    *dubstep plays while the easter bunny gets in a sick barfight*
  • in other news I have successfully transitioned to a no shampoo lifestyle
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I tried that years ago and it did not work well for me, alas.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I have a "shampoo maybe twice a month" lifestyle. Does that count? :P
    (2015 self)
    I don't use conditioner, but I use shampoo whenever I shower (every other day).
  • I want to become an American citizen.

Not to live there, mind you. Goodness no. 

I just want to share in a culture I'm very invested and fascinated in, and America is the only place where I can do so uncritically.
    (2015 self)
    Well, I know you can be a german citizen without living in Germany, so I'm pretty sure you could do that for America.
    I will shampoo in approximately 40 minutes

yntkt
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The US doesn't ban dual citizenship, but it does get kinda skittish about it.
    The U.S. Government does not encourage dual nationality. While recognizing the existence of dual nationality and permitting Americans to have other nationalities, the U.S. Government also recognizes the problems which it may cause. Claims of other countries upon U.S. dual-nationals often place them in situations where their obligations to one country are in conflict with the laws of the other. In addition, their dual nationality may hamper efforts of the U.S. Government to provide consular protection to them when they are abroad, especially when they are in the country of their second nationality.
    There's a mile or so of I-270 near Gahanna that doesn't have streetlamps because it runs almost perfectly parallel to the runways at Port Columbus International Airport.

It can be a little weird if you're not expecting it, because otherwise the highway is very well lit.

hmm
    haha, that's perfect; you can see exactly the stretch of highway i'm talking about
    Port Columbus is small but I kinda like it that way.

My only complaint is the layout: the three concourses are only connected by the open area of the terminal. That probably made sense at the time, but now that we have the TSA, it means that once you go through the security checkpoint you're stuck in whichever concourse you're on with no way to get between them. 

To be fair, they do at least double-check at the security line to make sure you're heading for the right one, but it's kind of an annoyance.
    it's funny, I have no desire to ever fly again, but airports are still very cool to me.

I guess it might help that I went to one on the day my Existential Crisis started.
    It's kind of amazing how thoroughly the Windows 10 privacy stuff gets blown out of proportion.

I've seen people literally claim that Windows 10 has a built-in keylogger that sends everything you type to Microsoft.

This is actually a misinterpretation of the fact that certain keystrokes, i.e., those in the search bar, get sent to Bing to get search suggestions...the same way every web browser has done for like a decade now. And amazingly, you can turn that off if you don't like it!
  • kill living beings
    i'm going to replace my head with an air raid siren
    Waiting at the courthouse now