The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know what's kinda weird?

American HB pencils are labeled #2.

But pencils of other hardness, at least that I've seen, are always labeled with the European B/H system, never with the numbers. Does anyone sell pencils marked as #1 or #3?
    They used to, but then the Bloody Scantron Test Riot of 85 happened
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Also, why the hell does XKCD not have a proper search function
    The comic text is fully searchable in Google. What more do you want?
  • Actually though, the thing is that I'm almost certain that it used to have a search function embedded in the site and would it really be that hard to bring that back?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

I'm reading about Clint Eastwood now and I am experiencing mad respect. Endorsing John McCain was a terrible idea, but, like, he does everything—acts, directs, writes films, composes and performs music in multiple genres, was the mayor of a small seaside town—and he's actually really intelligent and more than a bit weird. Even the chair thing makes sense in retrospect, even if everyone, including him, thinks he completely fucked it up.

Oddly enough, he has the same sort of political philosophy that you would expect the The Man With No Name to have if he gave any serious thought towards politics.

He can also be forgiven on the McCain endorsement since McCain seemed like a perfectly respectable politician before he sold his soul in 2008.

There's no excuse for his Romney endorsement, unfortunately.
    In all fairness... I honestly think that Romney would have been a better president than McCain, in retrospect. His career as the governor of Massachusetts, while not perfect, wasn't some grand disaster, and despite his attempts to look more conservative, his father was one of the most important advocates for civil rights from inside the government itself back in the '60s, and I don't think the apple fell nearly so far from the tree as he would have had people believe.

Thinking you need to be a worse person for people to vote for you is sad, too.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

I'm reading about Clint Eastwood now and I am experiencing mad respect. Endorsing John McCain was a terrible idea, but, like, he does everything—acts, directs, writes films, composes and performs music in multiple genres, was the mayor of a small seaside town—and he's actually really intelligent and more than a bit weird. Even the chair thing makes sense in retrospect, even if everyone, including him, thinks he completely fucked it up.

Oddly enough, he has the same sort of political philosophy that you would expect the The Man With No Name to have if he gave any serious thought towards politics.

He can also be forgiven on the McCain endorsement since McCain seemed like a perfectly respectable politician before he sold his soul in 2008.

There's no excuse for his Romney endorsement, unfortunately.
    In all fairness... I honestly think that Romney would have been a better president than McCain, in retrospect. His career as the governor of Massachusetts, while not perfect, wasn't some grand disaster, and despite his attempts to look more conservative, his father was one of the most important advocates for civil rights from inside the government itself back in the '60s, and I don't think the apple fell nearly so far from the tree as he would have had people believe.

Thinking you need to be a worse person for people to vote for you is sad, too.
    Well, there's the leaked videos which, even looked at in the most charitable way possible, portray Romney as extremely oblivious to the way anyone poorer than him lived.
    Romney was a blank void who believed in nothing.

Still better than the Republicans this time around
    I'm not necessarily disputing that. But McCain's militarism, tricksiness, and abominable choice of running mate seem even more alarming now.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    McCain was a joke campaign, everybody knows this
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    facebook memes are an art
  • me on the right
    I would've said Sunn O)))
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    both justin and nicki would probably say the same thing tbh
    The fact that Bieber's actual songs and production have gotten significantly better and Minaj's worse has made the actual question more of an actual question, but kush is still the answer.
    Minaj needs to be more willing to be offputtingly weird and less willing to be forced into a pop princess mode
  • Nicki Minaj would be praised endlessly if she were a dude.
  • Her and Drake occupy pretty much the exact same spot in the pop-rap world.
    Jane said:

Nicki Minaj would be praised endlessly if she were a dude.

Almost certainly

Jane said:

Her and Drake occupy pretty much the exact same spot in the pop-rap world.

Moment 4 Lyfe illustrates how much better one is than the other
  • edited 2016-03-12 03:01:41
    meow meow meowtherfuckers

Jane said:

Almost certainly

Jane said:

TRUUUUTH
    ...this is a serious discussion
    Epitome said:

Jane said:

Almost certainly

Jane said:

TRUUUUTH
    Agreed.

But still, I dunno.
    Glagolitic letters repel dangerous monsters. Trufax.
  • edited 2016-03-12 04:26:06
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    image [x]
    headbanging bird is headbanging
  • Why not both?

There's a reason we've got to keep an eye out for Selener, after all.
    I am, I realise now, still the same loopy, socially awkward dork I was in high school. Huh.
  • kill living beings
    but now, you can get high
  • so, sredni must keep edge
    don't do drugs, kiddos
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Stares at Taphy

Does all of the drugs
    only cool kids get to do drugs
  • kill living beings
    you know, i don't know why i said that, since high schoolers get high all the time, and also i don't think sredni vashtar even lives in a state where getting high becomes legal at some point
    Doesn't the ferret live here in Pennsylvania? Or am I thinking of someone else

If so, the only way to be cool around here is drive around a huge noisy pickup truck and shoot deer
  • kill living beings
    well it's the same way where i grew up too, and pot's legal there now

Doesn't the ferret live here in Pennsylvania? Or am I thinking of someone else

Yes, and Odradek and Jane.
    We all suffer together
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    everyone knows the best US state is, uh, the one with the fish?
  • my sister comes into my room, wants me to order a pair of skinny jeans for her, we talk for a bit, she starts complaining about furries, it takes all my effort not to just laugh hysterically
    awk
  • "oh my god, you can't search for anything on tumblr without finding furries"

beware, the furry menace is even closer than u realize
  • i feel like some kinda secret agent
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what would happen if you told her you were a furry :3c
  • i was tempted honestly
    i remember when i used to be ashamed of being a furry

such days...
  • sometimes i forget that some people arent furries tbh
    oh hey it is like me and heterosexuals