The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I have a message from Dusty.

The message is: Meow.
  • I have three research project ideas to plan for next month, and then have to decide which one I want to do.

*sob*
  • I have my three ideas. Now I need to actually plan them and shit. 
  • Just spent way too long on a half-done sketch instead of doing useful things like tidy my room or go to bed.

Oh well. 
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Ashton Kutcher in Jobs looks like Jack Black to me.
  • My crappy half-done sketch

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it is
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Look, Mozilla, don't tell people that you stick up for online privacy.  You have ads, you have Google, you're complicit.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    If I could...begin to be...

half of what...you think of me...

I could do about...anything...

I could even learn how to love...!

*sob*
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I always thought...I might be bad...

...now I'm sure that it's true!

Because I think you're so good...

...and I'm nothing like you!
    brb just crying endlessly
  • stevan universalism
  • Steven Universal Church Of Christ In The United Stevens
  • MachSpeed said:

brb just crying endlessly

*pat, pat* Same.
  • @Vriska, thank you for delivering that important message
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    that song is beautiful
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    oh hay, it worked
  • kill living beings
    air inferiority fighter
  • you mean the F-35?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Agh, get this Danger Dolan/Dolan World/Whatever dreck out of my recommendations.
  • kill living beings
    burn
  • the sooner I stop hearing Ed fucking Sheeran songs the better
  • I don't even hate the guy or his music. It's just so oversaturated.
    I like Ed Sheeran.
  • edited 2016-02-17 12:58:18
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

According to Sideways, your mom may or may not be any of the following entities:

• 2015 — One of the many instances of Sideways
    • 2015 — Beet-Papil, that unproduced female ladybug Insecticon
    • 2015 — A denizen of Planet X who rotates tires for a nickel
    • 2015 — A fan of the Knights of Unicron who enjoys changing the oil filters of the band members
    Vector Prime, meanwhile, suggests your mom might be:
    • 2015 — A good person to ask where babies come from.
  • dyyyying to meetcha
  • I started rewatching FLCL and Mamini's character is just hitting me... like super hard again? Like something about her mix of obvious mental illness and resulting social oddities. I remember finding her character odd but something about what I've been through with- uh- various people is making it so much sadder this time around. Whereas previously she was an enigma- a sad one- now I "get" her. And that's... hm. hmmmmmm
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Σ:3

meow
  • Everything hurts and I feel like death warmed up
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    :(
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Toolsie said:

Everything hurts and I feel like death warmed up

I feel ya sis

It's times like these I regret being susceptible to human illnesses
    Why the crap am I rereading posts from August in which I cried over not being able to make myself physically 13 years old

The only good thing was that I got to use my classic quip: "See what you're doing? We call that not helping."
    (2015 self)
    How do you guys NOT be terrified of Richard Dawkins all the time?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Kexruct said:

I started rewatching FLCL and Mamini's character is just hitting me... like super hard again? Like something about her mix of obvious mental illness and resulting social oddities. I remember finding her character odd but something about what I've been through with- uh- various people is making it so much sadder this time around. Whereas previously she was an enigma- a sad one- now I "get" her. And that's... hm. hmmmmmm

I like Mamimi a lot.
  • well, there's nothing there to fear really, except secondhand embarrassment
  • Aliroz said:

How do you guys NOT be terrified of Richard Dawkins all the time?

Because there's nothing to be afraid of(?)

• edited 2016-02-17 18:39:48
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I guess me and people like that are like Centie and police officers.

Me and the Freedom of Speech is like Centie and the second amendment.

^ and ^^I'm afraid of words.  I'm afraid of what words can do to people's minds.  I do not trust people who are good with words. 
  • Let me just say this: some people believe in God. That's fine.

Some people are atheists and believe in evolution. That is also fine.

That's all there is to it.
  • kill living beings
    Yeah he's not so much scary as he is a dumb asshole with not a ton of power. It's like being afraid of Dog the Bounty Hunter.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Aliroz said:

^ and ^^I'm afraid of words.  I'm afraid of what words can do to people's minds.  I do not trust people who are good with words. 

Things Dawkins is not good with: Words.
    (2015 self)
    But if I were to fight back against someone who has words, I'd be in the wrong!  I'd be a bigot who is opposing free speech.  I'm supposed to just sit and take it because free speech is sacred?
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    No, you're supposed to point out flaws in his arguments. Don't censor him, discredit him.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Free speech means that other guy has the sacred right to say whatever dumb thing is on his mind. And free speech also means you have the sacred right to point out just how dumb he is.
    (2015 self)
    But I can't do that, Metafour!  I don't know how to do wordmagic!  I can't be persuasive and convincing.  I can't change people's minds.

It's completely unfair, and biased towards people who have skills in rhetoric or logic.  All I've got is conviction and emotion.  Presentation is a large part of discrediting, and I'm no good at presentation.
    (2015 self)
    Ah well.

Even if I were to try to discredit Dawkins, I couldn't do nearly as good a job as he has done it himself.  Best leave it to the professionals.

And besides, I know what I know.  Truth is truth, lies are lies, and foolishness is foolishness.  Mock on, mock on, voltaire, rousseau.
  • edited 2016-02-17 19:00:21
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Apologies for panicking.

Have some limpets