The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Euro Truck Simulator 2 is fun but I can't help but think it's not meant for people like me.

Since I enjoy driving recklessly and causing chaos and blatantly running red lights...and those are all things the game penalizes you for.

Maybe I should see if Grand Theft Auto IV works on this PC.
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 is fun but I can't help but think it's not meant for people like me.

Since I enjoy driving recklessly and causing chaos and blatantly running red lights...and those are all things the game penalizes you for.
    some aspiring traffic engineer you are
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My favorite was when some simulated jerk cut me off by trying to turn left out in front of me...and instead of hitting the brake, I hit the horn.

BLAM!

Dude's little van was no match for my huge truck, it ended up rolled over in the median.
    Basically Tools has her Sims genocide and I have my derailing trains in Train Simulator and causing massive traffic collisions in Euro Truck Simulator
  • The sadness will last forever.
    yesh
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Pfft, derailing my trains is the exact opposite of fun for me in TS. I highly enjoy following everything to a T.
    Crystal said:

Pfft, derailing my trains is the exact opposite of fun for me in TS. I highly enjoy following everything to a T.

See, I usually start out that way, but I have the attention span of a 6-year-old on a sugar high, so when the ride ends up being more than like 20 minutes I lose interest and decide to wreck stuff. :n
    Those poor trains.

I think part of it is that TS is inherently calming to me, so I just wanna go about my fictional job and casually be a good citizen. As much can and eventually will be said for ETS, although there I won't mind smashing stuff up (as much), because of course. :p
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    crystal is morally opposed to trucks
    @Crystal: To be honest, I find Train Simulator somewhat relaxing too, but...I have to be playing it at just the right time. Usually it's fun as one of the last things I do before bed when I'm up way too late, as I have been this Christmas break. ^_^
    playing sims to forget
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    sims
  • Calica said:

another thing we have in common

@Crystal: To be honest, I find Train Simulator somewhat relaxing too, but...I have to be playing it at just the right time. Usually it's fun as one of the last things I do before bed when I'm up way too late, as I have been this Christmas break. ^_^

You still hurt those trains, though!

Calica said:

another thing we have in common
    Weirdly, I think I'd like it less if it were Euro Car Simulator. Or American Car Simulator. But yeah in actuality trucks are a hard no for me. Behind a fictional steering wheel, though...
    In American English, the lane closest to the curb is the "outside" lane.

In British English, the lane closest to the curb is the "inside" lane.

It's really frustrating that we can't agree on which is which, because if we did those would be an easy way to refer to lanes regardless of which side of the road traffic travels on.
    I don't like trucks
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ When are you needing to refer to that in an international context?  On a roadgeek forum?
    Tachyon said:

^^ When are you needing to refer to that in an international context?  On a roadgeek forum?

That, or when I'm sperging about my interests to people from other countries.

One time I was talking to Tempera (the artist formerly known as Cygan) about right turn on red and I kept having to note that the equivalent in Australia would be a left turn. :P
  • edited 2016-01-03 03:13:36
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i'd forgotten Australia drive on the left too.  We're not the only weirdos.

But, surely Tempera knows you guys drive on the right?  It's common knowledge over here.
    Well, yes.

If anything she was more werided out by the concept of being allowed to proceed from a red light than anything else.
    That *is* pretty confusing, i have to say.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I remember Cygan once expressed the belief that people outside of Australia wouldn't know who Steve Irwin was.
    i think the greater risk over here is people not knowing that Australians BESIDES Steve Irwin existed
    i should sleep.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    good night
    Tachyon said:

That *is* pretty confusing, i have to say.

Basically if you're turning right you can treat it like a stop sign: come to a complete stop, then make your turn when it's clear.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Tachyon said:

i think the greater risk over here is people not knowing that Australians BESIDES Steve Irwin existed

Now that's not fair. We also know about Rolf Harris, after all.

...On second thoughts, maybe it's better we forget him.
    The Yuuzhan Vong nervous system was very conductive, as if it was made specifically for feeling pain. This nervous system was noted as containing aspects that were not found in Humans and likewise, there were elements within a Human nervous system that were not found in a Yuuzhan Vong. It was also noted that their tissue was very different from a Human's, which made the use of the Yuuzhan Vong Qah cells difficult on them as the Human brain eventually rejected the cells.
    The Star Wars EU can be amazingly stupid.
    Look at this mess I got myself stuck in:

And this is when I was actually trying to drive properly, too!

After spending like half an in-game hour trying to maneuver my way out of this I gave up and called the recovery service to come get my truck
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    made specifically for feeling pain
  • The Yuuzhan Vong nervous system was very conductive, as if it was made specifically for feeling pain. This nervous system was noted as containing aspects that were not found in Humans and likewise, there were elements within a Human nervous system that were not found in a Yuuzhan Vong. It was also noted that their tissue was very different from a Human's, which made the use of the Yuuzhan Vong Qah cells difficult on them as the Human brain eventually rejected the cells.
    The Star Wars EU can be amazingly stupid.
    it's

even dumber than i remembered
    See, it's funny because in real life a truck that size easily would have destroyed the guide rail, but in this game guide rails serve as an impenetrable barricade.

Granted, walls with hard collision detection make for a simpler gameplay mechanic than letting me destroy public property and have to go to court or whatever.
  • Look at this mess I got myself stuck in:

And this is when I was actually trying to drive properly, too!

After spending like half an in-game hour trying to maneuver my way out of this I gave up and called the recovery service to come get my truck
    rip
    I don't understand railfans sometimes, or at least the railfans who comment on YouTube videos.

There's dozens of videos of crossing gates malfunctioning, blocking the road even though there's no train coming. Sometimes drivers get impatient and go around the gate. And...people in the comments get really angry about that. I don't get it.

Like, is that illegal? Sure. Is it dangerous? To an extent, yeah. But if you've stopped for a sufficiently long amount of time to adequately judge that there's no train approaching, I don't see that it's necessarily a poor decision to drive around the malfunctioning gate.
    Secret of Mana has a Neko as well, but it's not translated there
  • kill living beings
    i vaguely remember there being a general term for conflicts between pastoralists and farmers but it's totally escaping me
    Many deaths in high-altitude mountaineering have been caused by the effects of the death zone, either directly (loss of vital functions) or indirectly (wrong decisions made under stress, physical weakening leading to accidents). In the death zone, the human body cannot acclimatize. An extended stay in the zone without supplementary oxygen will result in deterioration of bodily functions, loss of consciousness, and, ultimately, death.
    i'm getting the feeling that the death zone causes something to happen to humans but i'm not sure what
    blank
    n/a
    zoning out.
    Great mysteries of the world: what is it with autistic people and trains?
    I have a candy cane
  • That awkward moment when you become so complacent with being bad at a game's competitive multiplayer mode that you're surprised when you actually become kinda good at it. Not great or anything, just good.

Marisa