The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life

Someone in the scrapbooking industry definitely paid for this storyline

Awwww 

This is sweet.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Toolsie said:

It is a lot better than Windows 8.

Agreed.

Someone in the scrapbooking industry definitely paid for this storyline
    Well, people apparently care about Gasoline Alley after a hundred years, so anything's possible I suppose.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I would almost take that as a bit of self-deprecation but I don't know if Tom Batiuk is actually capable of that
    Myrm you should start a newspaper comics thread
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I'll have to remember that toast, I might want to use it eventually.
  • i am kin with every Funky Winkerbean character
    neigh
    moo
  • I am sad that Windows 8 sucked, 'cause it had an awesome num8er.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    That's good to know.

Regardless i find i can only follow so many comics at a time before i have to drop some because i keep forgetting to check them.
    See I just bookmark every comic I don't want to forget or finish. It generally works out, even if mildly silly.

That is also why I have over 15 bookmarks for anime and manga each I haven't finished yet, though.
  • edited 2016-01-01 22:27:45
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    oh i have tons of bookmarks i just don't check them

like every once in a while i'll remember, and if it's a comic with a story i'll go back and read from where i left off, but if it's a gag strip then i can't be bothered
    Protip: Never visit the Safety Fairy's office

I thought that thing was just a metal detector but apparently she magically "enhanced" it with something

And she gave me a hard time because I don't have a state-issued ID card to show her

It's like, I'm the sovereign, why would I issue an ID to myself?

Thankfully she took my UCen Double Horse ID, though she wasn't happy
    Also maybe Ash can explain why they do it, but it's really annoying that even fairies who regularly work with mortals have all the furniture in their office fairy-sized

I'm sure my chubby self would break her chairs if I actually tried to sit in them
    the strongest fairy
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Fairies don't much like to use mortal-made stuff, as a rule.  Most of them don't like accepting gifts from mortals, either, so they would have to buy or steal human-sized furniture, or make it themselves.  That's a lot of effort to go to for furniture you're never going to use, no?

If a fairy keeps a bunch of human-sized furniture about the place that usually means they're trying to set a trap for mortals.  But, uh, fortunately most Centralian fairies don't do that.
  • I just realized, in the first Tobey Spiderman movie.

When Green Goblin goes after Spidey, he thinks to go through the photographer, and tries to kidnap JJ.  It winds up being moot because Spidey shows up anyway, but JJ actually stands up to the Goblin on Peter's behalf and lies to keep him safe.

For all his assholery, it was a nice touch.
    Are pierogies something people eat outside of the Pittsburgh area?
  • Are pierogies something people eat outside of the Pittsburgh area?

they are but they seem pretty uncommon

ive never had any
    They are good, you should try one if you ever swing by.

Or go to Poland.
  • they sound good
    despite being a Pittsburger, I don't think I've ever had pierogies
    i always associated them with Russia . . . didn't realize they were a Pittburgh thing
    I think a lot of Eastern-Europeans came over to work the Steel Mills back in the day.
    Pittsburgh actually has the largest Croatian population in the USA
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I've had them on occasion, they're quite good
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Watch Steins;Gate.

This has been the 2016 Directive of Vital Importance and Absolutely Not Personal Bias.
    Rewatch Steins;Gate.

Alternatively watch Haibane Renmei.
  • Are pierogies something people eat outside of the Pittsburgh area?

it's spelled "pirogi" goddammit
    Varenyky.
    Jane said:

it's spelled "pirogi" goddammit
    Not if you're Polish, apparently.

If you're English, either seem to be fine.
    watch the wolf children ame and yuki
  • edited 2016-01-02 01:51:43
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Jameson's not evil, he's just a mean, horrible, exploitative asshole who has it in for Spider-Man for ill-defined reasons.

Well, the reasons are that his yellow journalism attacked Spider-Man, Spider-Man being the teenager that he was, personally retaliated, they kept going back-and-forth and now all they have is this horrible feud grown wildly out of proportion.

Incidentally, because Aunt May married Jameson's father, Jameson and Peter are now brothers-in-law.
  • edited 2016-01-02 03:10:25
    We can do anything if we do it together.

I should do this at some point but right now I'm watching Moral Orel.

Have you gotten to the point where the jokes stop and the Mountain Goats songs start?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Have you gotten to the point where the jokes stop and the Mountain Goats songs start?
    I just have. I'm gonna try to see if I can finish Season 3 tonight. 

That about sums it up yeah
    tits or gtfo!
  • guys i found it, the best musical artist name: Baka Flocka Flame
    yup, that will never be topped, we can all go home now
    If I were the kind of person who prank-called scammers, I would totally call one of those "I'm from the IRS and you owe back taxes and if you don't Western Union me $1500 right now you'll go to jail" guys and give them a speech about how I'm a sovereign citizen and the government has no authority to tax me because I don't consent to the unlawful maritime admiralty court system
  • sunn wolf said:

guys i found it, the best musical artist name: Baka Flocka Flame

yes
    the sirens of titan
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Comment threads are where I go to die.
  • edited 2016-01-02 06:16:02
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    "It was not our intention to be alarmist," but y'know what that's exactly what you did, do you think it makes up for anything?

You're not fucking journalists. Just because people listen to you...