The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Do people not even learn about ancient gods and stuff anymore?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Oh my God, they couldn’t even get Donnie Yen back for Monkey King 2.
  • edited 2015-12-07 03:45:23

Oh Isis, mother of all, thy lips like morphine teasing my slumbering heart.

Release me! This cosmos is far too small, come down on earth, evangelize.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    ISIS isn't your own personal travel agent! It doesn't exist so you can jet off to Whore Island!
    Regarding Deadpool: Like you know, getting married to the totally awesome Queen of the Monsters, feeding pieces of himself to Archangel to keep him alive because there was literally nothing else, being a good friend and big brother to Evan Sabbah Nur, those are all great things.

Everything else in the past few years? Not really.
  • edited 2015-12-07 06:36:27
    ಠ_ಠ
    I could be a vampire. I've drank my blood enough times to get used to the taste.

I had a lot of nosebleeds growing up, and even now I have the odd one. Where did you think I was drinking the blood from? Weirdos.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    bloodsucker
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Bloodsuckers, because suckblooders sounds silly.
  • I can appreciate that Android rooting breaks the intended security model of the operating system and thus the Android developers are looking for ways to make it harder and harder to do.

But here's the thing: the security model shouldn't be used to force unremovable bloatware on the consumer. Fair enough if you want to design the system to be more secure than a desktop PC, but to make it so I can't uninstall your unwanted Samsung or Sprint apps is abusing the security model.
    i'm okay with t-mobile apps; i just hate the google apps
  • and before you say "well why are you using an android phone"

that's because there's no smartphone out there that is easily accessible to me and that works with my plan and that isn't an android phone or a windows phone and my parents also got the same model and wanted me to get the same model too

it's like how i kinda have to use windows computers because that's the operating system i know my way around and is the platform for games
  • MachSpeed said:

Oh my God, they couldn’t even get Donnie Yen back for Monkey King 2.

wait, what's he up to these days?
  • someone's complaining about the "anime-influenced" tag on hummingbird

says that either you feature those shows or you don't

i'm tempted to bring up republican behavior in congress in the healthcare debate
  • MachSpeed said:

Regarding Deadpool: Like you know, getting married to the totally awesome Queen of the Monsters, feeding pieces of himself to Archangel to keep him alive because there was literally nothing else, being a good friend and big brother to Evan Sabbah Nur, those are all great things.

Everything else in the past few years? Not really.
    Don't remember the bit with the Queen of Monsters, but yeah those other bits were great. But yeah, agree with you about the past few years. Honestly, that seems to be the pattern for most Deadpool stuff. Every so often, he gets a good series or mini series and the rest is either mediocre at best or complete crap at worst.
  • edited 2015-12-07 08:10:15
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Crouching Tiger 2, Ip Man 3, Ice Man 2, and Star Wars: Rogue One (the last of which I'm sure will actually be a good movie).
  • Apparently MIke Tyson is gonna be in Ip Man 3. Interesting.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I can appreciate that Android rooting breaks the intended security model of the operating system and thus the Android developers are looking for ways to make it harder and harder to do.

But here's the thing: the security model shouldn't be used to force unremovable bloatware on the consumer. Fair enough if you want to design the system to be more secure than a desktop PC, but to make it so I can't uninstall your unwanted Samsung or Sprint apps is abusing the security model.
    are you sure they're the google apps and not your phone's apps because otherwise #wrongpinions
  • Calica said:

I can appreciate that Android rooting breaks the intended security model of the operating system and thus the Android developers are looking for ways to make it harder and harder to do.

are you sure they're the google apps and not your phone's apps because otherwise #wrongpinions
    how are those two mutually exclusive

of course they're my phone's apps since they're on my phone

they're also google apps since they are all named Google Something

like Google Play Store
  • YEAH I WENT THERE AGAIN SUCK IT PEOPLE WHO BUY SHIT FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i meant your phone manufacturer's apps, since google's apps are good and the manufacturer's apps are bad
  • edited 2015-12-07 08:44:40
    I think I'd like to learn how to cook one day.

And I will not give a shit about it being healthy or nutritious as long as it's delicious. c:
    Healthy, nutritious, and delicious altogether isn't even hard.
  • Then that'll be a good combo.

I just do not have any experience at all, but I'm willing to learn.
    If you like rice, get a rice cooker. Learn to stir-fry, boil, and chop things up, a bit of basic food theory, and you're good to go.

Honestly the hardest thing to learn about cooking is to always keep your eye on the fire, and when it's safe to go do something else.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i get bored and space out or wander off to do other things, and this is a problem
  • I left getting to my lecture too late because I was sidetracked by a YouTube video and I made it to the lecture with one minute to spare.
  • you can't say that and not share the Youtube video in question.
  • It was a sins video dissecting the new Tomb Raider game.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Calica said:

My only qualm with the Google apps is other apps' increasing reliance on proprietary Google Play Services and stuff, which is understandable since Play Services can be updated independently of the operating system and thus still serve those of us stuck on Android 4...but also makes it harder to build a pure open source operating system.

YEAH I WENT THERE AGAIN SUCK IT PEOPLE WHO BUY SHIT FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE

Alright, I'll bite. What's worse about Play Store than any other app store? I certainly prefer having a proper app installer over having to manually check each app for security updates...

i think i just got a phonecall from a scammer who got cold feet and chickened out

they were like, 'Hello, my name is John, and I'm calling you from the Microsoft corporation, OK?'

and i was like 'Is that so?'

and he hesitated and then hung up
  • I may have been late and left my flat whislt my hair was still wet, but I have have some rocking curly hair.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I guess this was the precursor to douches with laser pointers
  • I have learned a lot of weird shit about life ~100 years ago from you posting these comics
    q9rluOe.jpg

Some things never change.
    aaaaaaa real life has so much hidden content but it's so easy to screw up your playthrough cuz ALL your actions have permanent consequences and there's no saves, continues or extra lives

i'm the deepest, nobody ever thought of this clever analogy before
  • you should register your complaint on /r/RealLife
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

i think i just got a phonecall from a scammer who got cold feet and chickened out

they were like, 'Hello, my name is John, and I'm calling you from the Microsoft corporation, OK?'

and i was like 'Is that so?'

and he hesitated and then hung up

That is pretty funny.

I guess this was the precursor to douches with laser pointers
    See, most of the people who True beats up have out it coming, but this guy especially. Like, True didn't even have to SAY anything to get the reader on his side. Nice.
  • edited 2015-12-07 12:43:13
    My dreams exceed my real life

From the SA Comic thread, here is an American comic as reimagined by a Taiwanese elementary school student learning english.
  • Migraine forming. Yay.
    :(

From the SA Comic thread, here is an American comic as reimagined by a Taiwanese elementary school student learning english.
    literally every Taiwanese person is this blunt about your appearance
  • yesterday a guy i had just met was like 'oh you have a small ass! it's a compliment!'
  • Calica said:

i meant your phone manufacturer's apps, since google's apps are good and the manufacturer's apps are bad

actually my manufacturer's apps are semi-good on average

on the other hand i'd like to disable all the google play features so they free up the memory
  • Alright, I'll bite. What's worse about Play Store than any other app store? I certainly prefer having a proper app installer over having to manually check each app for security updates...

Nothing, really.

I just like to be able to do stuff without other people keeping tabs on my doing stuff, I guess.
    also because i like to be able to keep things separate.
    I don't want my phone linked to my GMail, for example.
    Wanna be able to keep everything as modular as possible.
  • Also most of my apps are downloaded from the play store anyway.

I just do it via a third-party tool.

Just makes me much less likely to download apps.  Also gives me an excuse to not grab apps that people tell me to get on the spot.
  • Incidentally, Cafe Rio's frequent-diner app is apparently unavailable in my country.  Despite the restaurant less than two miles from my place telling me to go get it.
  • Sat in the Science Centre eating veggie scotch eggs and grapes. So high class...

Also most of my apps are downloaded from the play store anyway.

I just do it via a third-party tool.

I sure am glad that's not a massive security risk in any way