• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    they're not supposed to be discontinuing support for 7 yet tho

having said

i haven't had that problem that you're describing, w/ thumbnails
    YET

dun dun dun
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I don't think I've ever had a reaction here as negative as when I dissed metal music.
    BECAUSE

METAL

ITS SERIOUS MUSIC
    *indecipherable growls and shrieks*

*lyrics that don't mean anything but sound DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK*

chugga chugga chugga
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Tachyon said:

*indecipherable growls and shrieks*

*lyrics that don't mean anything but sound DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK*

chugga chugga chugga

Conroy.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    And now I'm annoyed because I can't remember what magazine it was. I know that the specific issue was bigger than normal and had GT2 on the front. Also they had an article comparing the customer service in stores to certain TV characters for some reason.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's interesting...by the time I used Windows 7 for a few months, I felt like I was going backwards when I had to use XP. There were so many niggling annoyances in XP that were fixed in 7, and so many little conveniences in 7 that weren't in XP.

But...I don't really feel that way with 10 vs. 7? I still use Windows 7 on a regular basis at school, but I very rarely find myself missing anything from 8 or 10. The only feature from 8 that I really miss when I use 7 is the little quick access menu you get when you right-click on the Start button, and even that really only felt like a hack someone added to compensate for the Start screen in 8 being junk.
    Among the most prominent Japanese composers (although I use
    the word 'Japanese' superfluously, as even the most well-known American
    composers are barely competent at best), one in particular stands out to the
    enlightened video game soundtrack consumer. His name: Yasunori Mitsuda. For the
    record, this is not to undermine the amazing works of other incredibly talented
    video game composers such as Uematsu-san or Sakuraba-san, but to highlight the
    unique, almost celto-tropic music (the word music is an understatement) that
    Yasunori Mitsuda has been composing for years. It would be sheer ignorance to
    deny that the Chrono Cross soundtrack is anything but the magnum opus of video
    game music; its lilting and oftentimes hauntingly peaceful guitar melodies
    soothe all but the most savage of breasts while its tense battle themes and
    mysterious donjon tunes ignite a blazing passion that can be quenched only by
    the video game's profound story and gameplay. It is a wonder that anyone can
    listen to anything besides video game musical compositions after listening to
    Mitsuda-san's immensely powerful soundtrack, but given that the primitive thuds
    of hip hop are America's current choice of 'music' (I use the term music
    liberally), once can see little hope in the mass appreciation of Mitsuda-san's work. 

There is, perhaps, only one medium of art that matches the
    excellence of video games and that is (obviously) visual kei. Combining
    absolutely exquisite j-rock and j-pop, sprinkled with hints of video game
    melodies, with the pyrotechnic visual flare that the Japanese are known for,
    visual kei takes its viewers on a rollercoaster ride of lights, fanfare, and
    music that even Beethoven could tap his toes to. Would that I were Japanese,
    (though under careful scrutiny, it appears my geneology tree does in fact show
    signs of a Japanese presence) I too would participate in this art of the 21st
    century and even perhaps venture onto the visual kei stage myself. It is no
    surprise that the impotent minds of Western society cannot fully grasp the
    total splendor of visual kei and instead choose to squandor their time
    listening to rap and country "music".
  • there is snoooowwwww
    Oh right. It was Are You Being Served? characters. I remember now.
  • Zeus beat me to it

TIL yarrun boinks ladies whilst in a swan getup.

ya fuckin furry

• One, no.

Two, is there no separate designation for people who dress up as birds? Like how reptiliphiles are called scalies?
  • edited 2015-11-26 17:22:37
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

things that clearly needed less funding: public transport
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I find it interesting that people associate How The Grinch Stole Christmas with Dr. Seuss's signature brand of nonsense words...when he actually didn't use any in the original book.

There are some nonsense words in the cartoon, yes, but the book is written entirely in standard English.
    NITPICKER: But Centie, what about "Grinch"? That's not a real word!

ME: It's the character's name. Proper names don't count.

NITPICKER: Well also, he refers to a chimney as a "chimbley"!

ME: Yeah, so he could rhyme with "nimbly". That's a nonsense word, I guess, but it's not really in the same category as "Great Big Electro-Who-Cardio-Shnoox". Besides, it's kind of endearing that even the beloved Dr. Seuss had to fudge rhyming sometimes.
    Electro and Cardio are words! Checkmate, grinchiests!
    Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion?
    You'd better learn my name cause it's Bathory!
    vintagegal:    House of Mystery <a href=#28 (1954)" />
    ...Is the 9 o' clock death a blackjack?
    7 again

whoop
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    DEATH METAL
    some guy at work yesterday was talking about Undertale, which proves that knowledge of it exists outside of the internet.

interesting
    Nothing exists outside the internet.

Wake up, Geo.
    i remember my brother was surprised when i told him undertale was popular on the internet

at the time he'd only heard about it from a friend in meatspace who was into it
    there's was that tv show where someone called in because their daughter had a picture of Sans on her phone and they were worried it was satanic or something

someone posted a clip of it, maybe Calica?
    what is wrong with my mind

why can't i think

i sit down to think and everything goes fuzzy
  • kill living beings
    Tachyon said:

there's was that tv show where someone called in because their daughter had a picture of Sans on her phone and they were worried it was satanic or something

someone posted a clip of it, maybe Calica?

700 club i think
    In Dark Souls 3 the plot twist will be that you're the crazy one.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

some guy at work yesterday was talking about Undertale, which proves that knowledge of it exists outside of the internet.

interesting

You should play it, IMO.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

interesting

You should play it, IMO.
    It's a cute and short game. Can be beaten in 6 hours relatively easily, even if you're awful at dodging stuff. And it has an amazing soundtrack, which I know you can appreciate.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Crystal said:

interesting

You should play it, IMO.
    It's a cute and short game. Can be beaten in 6 hours relatively easily, even if you're awful at dodging stuff. And it has an amazing soundtrack, which I know you can appreciate.
    It took me a fair bit longer than that to actually complete the game to my satisfaction, but I do still agree.
  • kill living beings
    roommate has been charging me 60% of the rent. annoyed
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Did the 90s actually happen or were they a collective fever dream?

The '90s were in some ways badass but people keep talking about the worst aspects of them
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tachyon said:

Ask Sunn about that. I am pretty sure he can confirm at least the partial veracity of that strip.

actually
    sunn wolf said:

it's also funny because the idea of "the" deconstruction (?) being inextricable from "the self" makes as little sense as any of his other examples. it is randall after all

sunn wolf said:

he's just bolted together three ridiculously broad concepts and said 'aha alll these three things are interlinked' but with zero context or anything. it sounds like the kind of nonsense someone in a first-year theory seminar on derrida would trot out when they hadn't been listening to anything and the tutor asks them a question. it sounds like someone talking out of their ass basically

(admittedly *i* initially thought it was convincing due to misunderstanding the material, but i'm not a grad student and sunn wolf is, so you should listen to him on this)
    sunn wolf said:

Tachyon said:

i do get way too touchy about 'anyone can fake litcrit' i guess

probably it's true to a point, you can feign understanding of it probably more easily than you can something more mathy, especially if the person you're talking to also doesn't really understand the material, or is at least self-conscious about there being stuff they don't know

first i will say that i broadly agree with naneys post in the other thread about flexible/inflexible terminology but think of it this way: 'anyone can fake litcrit' you could read as 'anyone can do litcrit without putting in work/effort and by just winging it'. well it is also true that anyone can make art without.putting in effort just by winging it, but this is not seen as a bad thing by most. i think that if anyone can be a.critic then yknow, great! question then is why do we see things as fake litcrit? honestly reading the postmodernist essay generator stuff, yes it sounds like it could be a genuine essay, but it sounds like a bad and confusing one. so it follows that not everyone can fake litcrit well. and what is so bad about 'fake' litcrit anyway? maybe it didn't take the effort to make but duchamp's urinal didn't take much effort in and of itself to put in an art gallery either? and if it's good fake litcrit then how do we tell that it's fake anyway? is this whole post actually fake litcrit in disguise?

I so had this coming.

To be fair, though, bad litcrit does read like that sometimes, in that you can't tell whether the terms are being intentionally misused or not.
    6 hours? that's a pretty long game, by my standards
    well, it's an rpg, and those are often pretty long

fair, though

still worth it imo, it's pretty excellent
    modern castlevania games are longer than that
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tre said:

In other news: I found the tackiest thing ever.

oh god

i really kind of want to use this to pivot into my rebrand concept that involves a new name for the team
    I'm not saying 6 hours is too long, just longer than the usual

shit man, it took me like 30 hours to beat Rogue Legacy
  • edited 2015-11-26 20:54:14
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    ...It's kinda weird how all the Castlevania Metroidvanias come out to around 10 hours or so.
    I did Symphony of the Night in about 2 hours, but then that one's rather easy
  • I like games that take at least six hours. Longer, if possible.
  • If I can beat a game in a day, and it's a fully priced game, you're doing it wrong.
  • Speaking of gaming, I really need to lay off the PS3 >_>