The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Alice Gets Bored And Pokes Isaac With A Stick (Afterbirth Greed Mode spoilers)
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

oh hey Sredni you might like Prof, he's sort of similar to Danny Brown.

video nsfw even tho they don't show anything

That was amazing.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Thought: if Charles Dickens was around today (MBNA) people on the internet would label him an "SJW".
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The sad puppies would hate HG Wells.
    Sometimes I am sad FATAL was not released today, because it would mean idiots on the internet would try to convince themselves it was brilliant in an attempt to own sjws.
    Odradek said:

The sad puppies would hate HG Wells.

Yes.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    sometimes i wonder what it would be like if they had the internet in historical times

what they would do, how it would change things

like if the internet just existed way back at the start of civilization somehow
    Freud starts a website for his band, The Oedipus Complex.
    nice thing about this scenario: assuming a good archiving system is established early on, recorded music dating all the way back to ancient times
    I feel like there was a revolution in web design a few years back based entirely around making archives really fucking annoying to search.
    this is probably a dumb thought but i wonder if, in the future, people will learn about internet stuff in school

or if it will end up being an obscure detail on the periphery of 21st century history studies

like we don't study telegrams in school now
  • kill living beings
    we hear about the zimmerman telegram

and it comes up in engineering land, very occasionally
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    MOO
    i only know about the zimmerman telegram because it was in a history documentary i watched a couple years back, it never came up in history class

idk, i got on this train of thought cuz i was picturing Newton and Leibnitz arguing with one another over twitter and then i was thinking the way things are now, what with hackers and espionage and grassroots movements and all that stuff it's not really difficult to imagine internet bs having sufficiently big consequences that it could end up being studied in history classes centuries later
    . . . i think this means i need to sleep
  • kill living beings
    ok well "we" might mean the US since we're the ones who did response to it, even if britain is who read it

i guess the eequivalent to internet shit would be written letters, and then for the internet you only need look to james joyce
    James Joyce wrote you a letter
    get away from me james joyce
    Burn it. Then send a man to Mr. Joyce's house to burn him.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    turn around bright eyes
    Let's be fair, it's not like he sent random women those letters.
    Odradek said:

point.
    Odradek said:

They were basically the fin-de-siècle version of sexts to a woman he was truly crazy about. Of course they were hella raunchy. She was the only one reading them, and it was for her private enjoyment.
    Yes,

People miss that
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Super gross though.
    The International Society To Set Fire To James Joyce
    here is a thought

literally any private communication you make, no matter how offhandedly, if it's in any sense preserved or retrievable, could end up being studied as a historical artefact, and laughed at by schoolchildren decades or centuries later
  • edited 2015-11-04 03:40:25
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^^ Well, yeah, but I've probably written stuff to Naney that would be equally awkward for anyone else to read, if less graphic. It's a thing that happens in a long-distance relationship.
    boob
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    That's okay.

boob

this specific post probably won't be studied as a historical artefact

but you never know
    What if AIs resurrect you all from your post history and put you in pits filled with centipedes because you didn't give me money
    In the distant future, arcyberologists will ponder the deep, forgotten meaning of the phrase "Mai Waifu".
    Odradek said:

What if AIs resurrect you all from your post history and put you in pits filled with centipedes because you didn't give me money

worth it
    Words that are fun to say: Octopodes.

Oc-top-o-deez.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

I will make friends with the centipedes.
  • Aliroz said:

Odradek said:

I will make friends with the centipedes.

(2015 self)
    Arthropods seem to like me in real life.  They like to jump or fly or land on me and crawl on me.

Animals in general seem to like me.  That magpies like to land on my backpack at school is probably not a good sign, luck-wise.

(2015 self)
    And lo, small lizard had a mount, and his friends were in awe of this feat.

(You're sweet, Yarrun)
  • kill living beings
    fifteen hundred feet above the target
    weapons free
    cow girl in the sand
  • Tools' Amusing Fact Of The Day: Analytical Chemistry can be shortened to Anal Chem.
    Once I get a C in Gen Chem I don't intend to take another chem class ever again, Anal or otherwise :P
  • My two Chemistry modules can be shorted to "Methods of Chem Anal" and "Ex Chem".
  • (Methods of Chemical Analysis and Experimental Chemistry)
    https://blog.onedrive.com/onedrive_changes/

1. Microsoft offers "unlimited" storage to a certain category of paying customers
    2. Those customers use this service (which, again, they paid for) to store massive amounts of data, because they were promised unlimited storage space
    3. Microsoft freaks out and says "We didn't really mean it! One terabyte is enough for anybody."
    4. What about the people who bought subscriptions because they were promised unlimited storage space? They should be compensated now that you've decided to change the rules, no? *crickets*
    5. To add insult to injury, they're reducing the quota for free accounts too, because apparently giving out 15 GB to free customers (you know, like a certain other tech conglomerate does) is too expensive.
  • There's a woman talking very loudly on her phone next to me at the library. Even with Green Day blasting loudly, I can still bloody hear her.