The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Tachyon said:

shows i abandoned after probably not giving them a fair shake because i didn't enjoy what i watched of them: Bob's Burgers, Archer, Mission Hill, Panty and Stocking, Aqua Teen Hunger Force

may or may not return to some of these at a later date

the only real show's i've "abandoned" were the Office. 

Panty and Stocking was also on that list, but I was curious enough at least to see it through, though it's not like there's a change to it's formula, you can basically guess what happens if you've seen what's happened. 
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Noted.

i was thinking if i do try that one again i might try it in English, and start from the beginning (i don't know which episode it was i watched, but it wasn't the first one).
  • edited 2015-09-12 02:34:06
    We can do anything if we do it together.

Tachyon said:

shows i abandoned after probably not giving them a fair shake because i didn't enjoy what i watched of them: Bob's Burgers, Archer, Mission Hill, Panty and Stocking, Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Panty and Stocking was also on that list, but I was curious enough at least to see it through, though it's not like there's a change to it's formula, you can basically guess what happens if you've seen what's happened. 
    Why did you dislike The Office?

I like Panty and Stocking, but we've had enough arguments about Imiashi that I'd rather not get into that again.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tachyon said:

did you watch the garbage later seasons of ATHF

Tachyon said:

I like Panty and Stocking, but we've had enough arguments about Imiashi that I'd rather not get into that again.
    i actually liked his other work that i've seen, though.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

I was responding to Clock with that. Sorry if you thought I was implicating you.
  • I dislike the Office, I would say for the same reason I like Rick and Morty, in that they both aim for the same themes, except whereas I feel like the Office just piles on more nihilism and misanthropy to the point of absurdity, Rick and Morty uses it's nihilism and misanthropy to mask it's own emotional depth.

Anonus said:

Tachyon said:

did you watch the garbage later seasons of ATHF
    i have no idea when i watched from

i did vehemently dislike the later, more 'adult' episodes of SGC2C so if ATHF got the same treatment perhaps i was unfair to it

Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

I was responding to Clock with that. Sorry if you thought I was implicating you.
    i got you were responding to Clock but wanted to comment anyway ^_^
  • edited 2015-09-12 02:41:32
    We can do anything if we do it together.

I dislike the Office, I would say for the same reason I like Rick and Morty, in that they both aim for the same themes, except whereas I feel like the Office just piles on more nihilism and misanthropy to the point of absurdity, Rick and Morty uses it's nihilism and misanthropy to mask it's own emotional depth.

It's been a while since I've seen The Office, but I thought it did have some moments of the latter.

I've intended to rewatch it for a while, so I'll get to it eventually and see if I still think that.
  • I watched 2 seasons of it on Netflix, so maybe there's something later on that changes, but nothing in those seasons ever made me feel like I was even supposed to care for the characters, they're uncaring misanthropes who literally laugh at each other's pain and misery.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I love Justice League Unlimited but I hate the action scenes. 

Specifically, I hate the sound effect of “strong person is thrown through buildings.” It’s the same goddamn sound effect every time.
  • edited 2015-09-12 03:14:29
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    MachSpeed said:

I love Justice League Unlimited but I hate the action scenes. 

Specifically, I hate the sound effect of “strong person is thrown through buildings.” It’s the same goddamn sound effect every time.
    sounds like my annoyance with Animaniacs's explosion trumpets
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I love you Ricky Carrel
    seriously Richard Stone found a way to work them into a fucking Fantasia parody
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Really, you need to vary up what your audience hears, just as often as you vary up what your audience sees.
    reminded of the animal noises on The Archers
    idk though, partly i think you have to be tuned into these things.

Like before i knew what the Wilhelm scream was, i never noticed it.  When i knew what it was it was everywhere.  Maybe most audiences just don't notice.
    It took me like binge-watching Justice League Unlimited to the very end to notice, yeah.
    Apparently Mary-Jane Watson (single and ready to mingle because of retcons) is joining the cast of Invincible Iron Man (the comic).

I don't even know, man.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I haven't seen much ATHF past the second ("Super") season...just how bad did it get?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    thud
  • imo takk... is still the most perfect album sigur ros have done

i am quite fond of valtari as well though
    lee4hmz said:

I haven't seen much ATHF past the second ("Super") season...just how bad did it get?

for one thing "Dickisode" to me indicates their utter nadir and that was nine fucking years ago
    also "Handbanana"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    somehow I doubt that's the "Shermy" these people are looking for, Google
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Crystal said:

@Central: Yeah, Mabel is amazing, except you kinda need Mabel for it to work, and there's only one Mabel Pines, really.
    Personally I think Schaal's voice would be a perfect fit for Louise's character...if I didn't already strongly associate it with Mabel. :V

Odradek said:

Kristen Schaal seems to only do the one voice and I love it but it's odd to hear Mabel's voice from a decidedly different character

Well she does have a very distinctive unique voice.

It's be like Christopher Lee deciding to do a different voice.
    This is also true.
    I still like how pink and Alicey your Tumblr theme is.
    “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” “The Drew Carey Show” “The Jeff Foxworthy Show” “The Steve Harvey Show” “The Geena Davis Show” “The Michael Richards Show” “The Paula Poundstone Show” “The Sinbad Show”

Actually. I hate TV.
    The Imi Show
    The American Broadcasting Company Show
    how does he expect anyone to read all that
    I'm doomed to fail

I'm so fucking pretentious about my made-up TV cartoons and they will ALL FAIL
    IF THEY WERE REAL THEY WOULD ALL FAIL
    Man, from the stuff I'm reading, you wouldn't believe the shit people would watch.

You can't fail in a vacuum.
    the Jerry Springer show is still on, I think
    what are you reading
    A chapter in a book that is about television making and maintaining its audience. It's what I've been talking about for a while.
  • Hair is a lot redder then anticipated.
  • Last night, it was a copper red colour.

Now it's a flame red colour.
  • Not complaining, just pointing it out.
  • Although it could be the lighting.
  • I'm functioning on no food and six hours of sleep
  • Satnav says M1 is closed

BBC Travel page says M1 has no reported incidents

Erm...
    Heapers Hangout won't load all the way for me.

I'm making this post through a proxy.
  • My dreams exceed my real life