The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The only thing that moves at the speed of light is light.

#nitpickin'
  • edited 2015-08-18 21:39:42
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    And humanity doesn't even have a backup planet, or any way to terraform, or any way to get a large section of the population to another planet even if terraforming were possible..

Nowhere the Earthlings can retreat to, or call in aid from.  And the Earth is a dumb sphere and space is all three-dimensional, so logistics are all boogered up because the aliens could attack from anywhere.

Eventually, I start thinking that the best course of action is to annihliate all life on Earth and destroy all the resources so as to flip off the aliens.
  • If aliens ever landed here, the common cold would wipe them all out.
  • What if the aliens are cat-8ased and get feline AIDS instead?
  • Fine, nothing can be done about it at this point.

Anyways, why am I so paranoid about alien invasions?  My thoughts keep turning to how if aliens ever visited Earth, we'd get space smallpox and all immediately die.  OR the aliens would repossess Earth with stupid alien loopholes like Eminent Domain and outvote humanity into giving up everything.  What if aliens exploit the earth, or trash it up, or use it as a dumping ground?  I keep thinking that Humanity isn't united, and neither were the native Americans; and I keep thinking that humanity is so helpless in the threat of invasion.

And worse, radio and electric signals going out at the speed of light.  THe Earth's position has already been sent out, revealing an intelligent species.  There's no way to go out and catch all the radio signals and stop them.  The aliens, once they get a signal, will have time to prepare for an invasion and Earth is busy fighting itself.
    Rely on the natural selfishness of humanity.

We may be short-sighted and stubborn, but aliens are both a classic example of The Other and a tangible focus for the everlasting question "why does my life suck so much". We'd find a way to tear them apart in time. Nothing motivates like xenophobia and prejudice.

I am content with cat-based aliens.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, they'd get infected if they went to Earth. If the ones exposed to Earth went back into space to spread it to the other ones...  It's a good strategy for stopping a ground invasion.    They could come to Earth, but they could never leave without destroying everything.

Another thing:  EMP pulses.  Those brick electronics.  A giant one of those would cripple civilization. 

We need some mad scientist to figure out how to un-brick electronics.  LIke, an anti-magnet that makes computers work instead of breaking them.
  • Vriska said:

What if the aliens are cat-8ased and get feline AIDS instead?

• May8e that's what Dusty's doing when she twitches in her sleep.

Communing with her home planet.
  • Vriska said:

What if the aliens are cat-8ased and get feline AIDS instead?

(2015 self)
    Ah dang, if the aliens are somehow considered "cute" by humanity, then it's all over.  Like if they look like baby Caimans or kittens or jumping spiders.
  • Yay alien kitties!
  • Now I am thinking a8out that one episode of Futurama.
  • edited 2015-08-18 22:09:00
    (2015 self)

See, this is exactly the sort of thing that we need to unify the world to fight against. This sort of thing that you can't fight because free thinkers would protest and you couldn't get the general public to fear it. Humanity just won't see hem as the Other. Xenophobia won't work against Cat-People. 

THey wouldn't even have to wreck all of our internet, they could just use it for propaganda. 

They could even give us technology to make life better in exchange for being allowed to visit Earth, and then we're all dead from an all-devouring fungus that decays your body while you are still alive and then slowly digests the rotted meat (while you are still alive) (chestnut blight; it is horrifying). Like smallpox-infested blankets. 

There's just no way I can see humanity surviving, should cute aliens discover Earth. 

I see almost no chance of humanity surviving if not-cute aliens discover earth. And there's no way to stop aliens discovering Earth. The best consolation is in the massive distances involved and in the impossibility of FTL travel.

As long as the aliens are such that humanity can properly hate them, then there may be a chance. But there is no hope to defeat the catgirl people.  In case of catgirl, destroy Earth.  Or try to figure out their weakness and try to send  a message of it to the next planet.
  • Good news: wisdom tooth has stopped acting up

Bad news: another wisdom tooth has taken its place and is hurting like a bitch
  • edited 2015-08-18 22:18:27
    (2015 self)
    Okay, that's out of my system.  The power of hate and science will save humanity.  And if not, we can program robots to do hate and science for us, so cuteness will be a non-issue (nice try, cat/alligator/spider aliens).  Problem solved!

And then I'll feel sad about killing the aliens, even though they were trying to invade my home planet.  
  • Why do you sometimes captialise the second letter of a word? Does it happen by accident or...?
  • edited 2015-08-18 22:11:32
    (2015 self)
    Tools said:

Why do you sometimes captialise the second letter of a word? Does it happen by accident or...?

Accident. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tools said:

Why do you sometimes captialise the second letter of a word? Does it happen by accident or...?

I just assumed it was a matter of holding down the Shift key a split second too long

A better question might be...how does an alligator type on a keyboard??
    (2015 self)

Tools said:

Why do you sometimes captialise the second letter of a word? Does it happen by accident 

I just assumed it was a matter of holding down the Shift key a split second too long

ewfr9[u0hiodv lb i vr31 124123dsca FVik'eD'PQA'P;QSWP['I031R-0]U23,.MLASASDCFD4SRWIOUASRWE4LIK
    68K3Q
  • Well, I know how my cat types.

It's usually gi88erish 8ut once in the motherheap she managed the word "kill" among random gi88erish so I am mildly concerned.
  • ssssssssssssssssssssssssxddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddgfv
  • (Dusty says hi, in other words)
    HEY ALIROZ

Wanna see an absurd size comparison regarding modern technology?

32 GB of storage on a card the size of my thumbnail

That's not even the largest capacity they come in, either
    (2015 self)
    Thirty two gigabytes on that thing?!!  And with how many of those you could fit in, say, a tin can...

I'm guessing that digital storage will never be an issue again.

Or, at least, not if people use information at today's level.
  • Aliroz said:

Tools said:

Why do you sometimes captialise the second letter of a word? Does it happen by accident 

ewfr9[u0hiodv lb i vr31 124123dsca FVik'eD'PQA'P;QSWP['I031R-0]U23,.MLASASDCFD4SRWIOUASRWE4LIK
    68K3Q
    actual smile on my face
    (2015 self)
    I made Yarrun smile!
  • Anonus said:

naney said:

He is a regular contributor for GQ magazine

top kek
    you don't like Magary do you

he's from Minnesota too, you know
    I was laughing at GQ and what does him being from Minnesota have to do with anything?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I was referring to a bit of commonality you have with him
  • there are 5.457 million people in Minnesota
    But being part of Minnesota is part of his identity like it is yours
    But he doesn't seem to like Minnesota as much as you do
  • There is a fuzzy gray thing on my ca8le 8ox.
  • well that's a shame
  • It's cute and soft.

And it makes an odd purring sound.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Hey Aliroz, We Bare Bears is a good show.
  • Yes.

I like this fuzzy gray thing.
  • kill living beings
    I hope we find microbial aliens pretty soon so people get less freaked out about the idea (also because it would rule)
    I hope we meet mindflayers.
  • I just watched a guy with blue hair run into a tree and he looked like he was gonna try to fight it

#yntktree
  • Odradek said:

I hope we meet mindflayers.

They do canonically have a large presence in space, so it's possible
  • kill living beings
    they're also from the future tho
  • itt my phone's imminent demise due to my inability to not compulsively refresh everything, including things i know have no chance of updating

they're also from the future tho

In my headcanon, the future of D&D is Doctor Who, and the Ood are a mindflayer offshoot.
  • kill living beings
    I thought dr who had evil future humans who came back to modern times. the toclafane