The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Haven said:

Odradek said:

can The House of Lords be any alignment or do they have to be Lawful

They were originally supposed to be all Lawful, but the law was changed after Neutral elementals from the parts of the Inner Planes overlapping with the UK protested long enough
    Was this in December 1952 when the paraelemental plane of Smoke overlaid London, or just the continuous presence of the plane of Water?
    Now, you see, here is where you're a little confused. London is permanently overlapped by the plane of Water, the paraelemental plane of Smoke, and the quasielemental plane of Dust.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Kid me wanted a game about exploring the D&D elemental planes so bad.

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2 kinda had it.
  • edited 2015-07-27 01:53:16
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I just want to say that your spite makes me spiteful and now we have a perpetual motion machine of spite and there are movies I will likely never see because of it.

Like, maybe someone who actually likes things will convince me to watch them. But I'm very tired of "I am for this for the sole reason of product positioning it against a thing I hate." A good number of people I respect engage with media like that, and It's a fight I don't care about, that I don't want to care about.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I had already realized that I no longer gave a shit about either Marvel or DC's future films before the spite really started happening, but the spite just seals the deal for me. 

I'll probably watch Man of Steel once the RiffTrax comes out for it (I'll almost certainly be downloading the film then, so no, I won't be a Content Consumer™), but that's pretty much it.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I want to be able to watch a movie that I liked, or watch a movie I haven't seen, and not hear the ringing of swords and the spilling of blood and the screaming of hate over and over and over in my fucking ears.
  • Odradek said:

Torment was kind of a lost opportunity in this regard, in that you'd pretty much have to be immortal to really explore most of those places.

I guess you could just get a magic item or spell cast on you at the start of a game like that to handwave away not being killed instantly on entry, though.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Haven said:

Odradek said:

Torment was kind of a lost opportunity in this regard, in that you'd pretty much have to be immortal to really explore most of those places.

I guess you could just get a magic item or spell cast on you at the start of a game like that to handwave away not being killed instantly on entry, though.
    You got that in Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2. It made the area you needed to travel in the Plane more accessible.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ohhhh, isn't this am-a-zing?

it's my favorite part because--you'll see!

here's where she meeeets Prince Charming

but she won't dis-cov-er that it's him till chap-ter three!
    ohhhh, isn't this am-a-zing?

it's my favorite part because--you'll see!

here's where she meeeets Prince Charming

but she won't dis-cov-er that it's him till chap-ter three!

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I'm very tired. The week has not been kind to me.
    This is still hilarious to me

The gratuitous "NO TURN ON RED" makes it even funnier
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Book Guy had a real wallbanger
    Ohio looks like Gloucestershire.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    But flatter.
    I live on a hill, everything's flat up here. :P
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    You know what still ticks me off?

How at the end of The Hobbit, the Dwarves didn't get all of their gold and treasure back. The elves and humans got a lot of it. And a lot of it floated down the river. The dwarves worked and tried so hard to get their heritage and rightful treasures back, and it was stolen from them at the last minute.

This is the point where I, as a child, developed a lifetime hatred for elves.
    Ohio is very flat. Like, almost comically so.

they're just goddamn dwarves
    Pennsylvania has hills

big, beautiful hills
    Dwarfs get shafted a lot.
    MachSpeed said:

Yes.
  • MachSpeed said:

I'm very tired. The week has not been kind to me.

I hope next week is kinder.
    because they're short and ugly
    Look, just because their creation was unplanned doesn't make them any less worthy of Eru's inheritance.
    I never said that
    because they're short and ugly
    Imi is this you

my mom introduced me to that song, apparently it's an old favorite
  • MachSpeed said:

BY THE POWER OF RAGNAROS

I never said that

We were all thinking it. Doesn't make it right, though.
    chkdsk f:
    MachSpeed said:

Look, just because their creation was unplanned doesn't make them any less worthy of Eru's inheritance.

"Even as I gave being to the thoughts of the Ainur at the beginning of the World, so now I have taken up thy desire and given to it a place therein; but in no other way will I amend thy handiwork, and as thou hast made it, so shall it be.  But I will not suffer this: that these should come before the Firstborn of my design, nor that they impatience should be rewarded.  They shall sleep now in the darkness under stone, and shall not come forth until the Firstborn have awakened upon Earth; and until that time thou and they shall wait, though long it seem.  But when the time comes I will awaken them, and they shall be to thee as children; and often strife shall arise between thine and mine, the children of my adoption and the children of my choice."
    Why did the world collectively decide Dwarves were scottish.

How did that happen.
  • Odradek said:

Why did the world collectively decide Dwarves were scottish.

How did that happen.
    Warcraft

tbh I kinda like it.
    kilts
    tits are life

ass is hometown
    I should stop
    twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe
  • "Steampunk Scotsman" is a pretty good look for dwarves I think.
    going to the internet I mean

who am I even fooling
    "故乡" is a very evocative word to a lot of Chinese because even in the same nation, you can be very far away from home. And often, you are.
    "tits are life"
    who am i even fooling

sorry
    Sorry for what?
    everything
    (2015 self)
    Also, what is with the Orlando Bloom elves.

Elves are supposed to be tall and beautiful, but why does that translate into "thin, long-haired, and fragile-looking".

What does that say of our standards of beauty?
    goodnight
    (2015 self)
    goodnight, my friend.

see you soon!
    :(

Goodnight, Myr.