The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    does it have boobs at least?
  • Bad news: The Safety Fairy took the wheels off my limousine to keep me from "accidentally letting my chauffeur drive us off a cliff"

Good news: This makes it much harder for Yarrun to steal

Centie, who are the strongest dudes and dudettes in your kingdom?

You have to tell me. Princess Code 78.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Like out there, flapping in the open? Not really.

It's got cleavage.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Well it does have Carla Gugino, who I have A Thing For.

So that's good.
    "flapping in the open" is a good lolzy way of putting it
  • Me, I realized I was trans when I was tripping on two-and-a-half tabs of acid while browsing Reddit and trying to roll a joint.
    sometimes reading cracked articles is worth it
    Whoever wrote that is probably the coolest person in the world.
    Embedded image permalink
  • naney said:

Me, I realized I was trans when I was tripping on two-and-a-half tabs of acid while browsing Reddit and trying to roll a joint.
    sometimes reading cracked articles is worth it
    I've never done drugs, but sometimes I want to
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i'd be too scared to try acid, honestly

i'm a wuss, i know, but still

i should be asleep
    jojo+no+kimyou+na+bouken,+iggy,+monochrome,+necktie,+suit,+formal,+dog.jpg
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    idgi

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

That would be Iggy the dog with a lolliPop

Iggy, of course, is named after Iggy Pop
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut

Boney, why are you Sakura from Street Fighter

i play assakura when i play sf4
    at LEAST an 80286
  • edited 2015-06-19 03:29:40
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Going to Jurassic World tomorrow, tho Todd has vomited all over me, the universe, and everyone
  • Boney said:

Boney, why are you Sakura from Street Fighter

i play assakura when i play sf4
    You play Street Fighter 4?

I play Street Fighter 4. And main El Fuerte because I am a masochist.

We must duel. There can only be one.
  • Odradek said:

Going to Jurassic World tomorrow, tho Todd has vomited all over me, the universe, and everyone

I found the movie most enjoyable when I had pretzel nuggets, I recommend procuring some if the theatre you're at has any.
  • Odradek said:

Welcome, Oh Consumer
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    So, got one of the 15in flipbooks. Solid deal that I ruined a little by buying a really expensive extended warranty because I'm an anxious wreck when it comes to buying things I will depend on. Outperforms the comparably-priced MBP at 2/3rds of its cost.
    • Flipping is of limited use, as is touchscreen, but it has its conveniences. Will make reading comics at night easier.
    • Windows 8 sucks. I would have gotten 7 but I was not given a choice. You *have* to start win8 using a microsoft account, but you can mercifully remove it after you've signed in via the account settings. Not having a regular start menu is disorienting but with some practice ignorable.
    • Dear lord, Windows laptops come with tons of crapware.
  • I think I figured out a way to get around Windows 8(.1) forcing me to have a Windows account.
  • edited 2015-06-19 04:15:12
    BEWARE OF GRRL!
    Odradek said:

Make sure you watch The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon afterward like a good consumer of NBCUniversal (A Comcast Company) content
  • edited 2015-06-19 04:17:48

the CEO of Urban Outfitters is a homophobic asshole but i still shop there because the clothes are cute and cheap welcome to my Callous Liberal Indifference
    rick santorum is a major shareholder in funimation

someone should bring posters with lesbears on them to his rallies
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sex Grips said:

So, got one of the 15in flipbooks. Solid deal that I ruined a little by buying a really expensive extended warranty because I'm an anxious wreck when it comes to buying things I will depend on. Outperforms the comparably-priced MBP at 2/3rds of its cost.

• Flipping is of limited use, as is touchscreen, but it has its conveniences. Will make reading comics at night easier.
    • Windows 8 sucks. I would have gotten 7 but I was not given a choice. You *have* to start win8 using a microsoft account, but you can mercifully remove it after you've signed in via the account settings. Not having a regular start menu is disorienting but with some practice ignorable.
    • Dear lord, Windows laptops come with tons of crapware.
    Windows 10 is coming soon, so you shouldn't have to deal with 8 for more than a month or so
  • Calica said:

rick santorum is a major shareholder in funimation

someone should bring posters with lesbears on them to his rallies
    wait what?

and just now i ran into this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/12/598198356189949886/

Why are religious sites covering video games & tech?

Seriously? I've noticed this the past few years. The same group that once said RPGs lead to Satanism are how writing positive things about that gateway to Satanism examples:

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/amd.r9.395x2.dual.gpu.solution.expected.to.cost.1499/47760.htm

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/888268-the-witcher-3-release-date-gameplay-cd-projekt-explains-wild-hunt-xbox-one-collectors-editions-gwent-cards-and-map/

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/gta.v.ill.gotten.gains.dlc.part.1.event.this.weekend.freebies.offered.by.rockstar.games/56103.htm

I find this odd, because I think religious themed sites should stick to... religion. Not relying on something they once warned us about to get more visits or spread their message.
  • Remember when 21st Century Fox tried to buy Time Warner? The notion of Rupert Murdoch owning Hanna-Barbera and other favorite things of mine made me utterly livid
  • I used to go to this one site that reviewed games by their adherence to Christian values.

I remember Metroid Fusion getting a low score because of the whole "the better your score, the more Samus takes off" thing
    wait, actually I don't think he has a financial stake in funimation itself, he just runs/ran the christian media company owned by the same person
    called echolight
  • as a person w/ man sized feet finding platform sneakers that fit is a Goddamn Motherfucking Challenge And A Half Let Me Tell You
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Can someone tell me what "good Youtube poop" is?

Because whenever I watch a Youtube poop I feel like a fucking alien trying to study deep trench life.

"Is this...how you communicate? With each other? Or is this some kind of mating call? Or a show of aggression? I have no comprehension of what the fuck's going on here."
  • they're just weird for weird's sake, man, there is no deeper meaning.

Sometimes they're funny.
  • sometimes you just wanna hear "gay luigi for like 10 minutes of whatever" or you want to hear macklemore talk about how much he loves big cocks
    While I would admittedly listen to Macklemore's 'The Hearse', I still don't think that's funny, and I don't really understand how anyone could think it's funny.
  • Im gonna tag my pocket
  • edited 2015-06-19 05:57:43
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    Some of them have actually clever and/or decent editing and/or actual jokes which makes them funny. The others...think of how kids sometimes have bursts of energy and say/do silly things, and then apply that to some 15+-year-old with basic video editing skills.

Good YTP, imo (it's just a dumb song):

• Sex Grips said:

Some of them have actually clever and/or decent editing and/or actual jokes which makes them funny. The others...think of how kids sometimes have bursts of energy and say/do silly things, and then apply that to some 15+-year-old with basic video editing skills.

yeah exactly

though that's what i like about them because i am a lame 13 year old at heart
    It's pretty good, but then at the same time it doesn't feel like a Youtube Poop, mostly because I feel it can stand on its own two feet as purely audio.
  • The design purpose of a YTP is usually cheap laughs, in the form of "lolrandom" silliness or manipulating stuff to look like the wrong things (often of a sexual nature) are happening such as syllable mixing or editing various things into the video.  At first there were more of the "lolrandom" type, but poopers gradually realized the possibility of using YTP video editing techniques to create 13-year-olds' naughty bathroom wall dick jokes as well as indulge the impulse to be distracted by lots of references to other things and generally be completely irreverent to the source material.

"lolrandom" does not typically show up these days in the form of "I'm going to repeat this one video clip ten times, and the last three times will have sepia effect, swirly effect, and spinning effect" anymore.  However, instead, it's evolved into:
    * random distracting jokes, often by adding things to the "backgrounds" of videos -- for example, imagine a person sitting at his office talking to a co-worker,  His laptop screen shows nothing of note.  Pooper edits video so that laptop screen now shows Rickroll, or anime boobies.  these show up in more regular poops.
    * videos with high-intensity nonsense, usually jumping at high speeds between small sound clips repeated to become nonsense, "ear rape" (excessively loud sounds), and short clips with effects so think the original footage is barely visible anymore.  poops that use these usually consist mostly of these effects.

more typical poops these days just consist of some amount of less-intense nonsense of a similar sort mixed in with various degrees of "sentence mixing" (which often actually syllable mixing, especially when they don't have the words they need), to say arbitrary nonsense and/or obscene/offensive jokes that are typically associated with easily-amused teenagers.
  • I've never watched Watchmen

hEH... get this.... who watches the watchmen??
  • there is actually an art to making something funny by playing off various expectations and "rules" of comedic pacing.  take the video "Free Credit Report Teaches Spelling", for example:
    * drawing attention to alternate way of parsing a sentence ("gas prices blowing up [shooting lasers at and causing explotions on] Sky High [2005 Disney comedy]")
    * linking in various alternate ways or sources of saying the same thing ("free" for instance), without warning
    * sentence/syllable mixing in order to create a reference to another meme ("tree", and the Za Warudo meme)
    * discovering possibilities for irrelevant references in the course of syllable mixing ("R2D2")
    * almost completing an obscene statement or word ("F to the U to the C to the [interruption]") then interrupting it with some other irrelevant nonsense
    * a stinger displaying pulling off just one more joke or gag at the end (the fast-moving head-bobbing)
  • edited 2015-06-19 09:09:20
    basically, YTPs have:

* a high degree of irrelevance to the source material.
    * a high degree of irreverence to the source material.
    * a high degree of irreverence toward themselves.

it really is very much an analogue to teenage bathroom graffiti, but in videographic form.

note that, just like with graffiti, there may be some instances of parodying the source material, such as adding googly eyes to things, but the focus on a broader scale is actually NOT the source material.  the source materials is only used as a medium for creating bizarre, nonsensical, and/or puerily offensive content.  thus the point of a YTP is to indulge the sort of "pointless" whims of creativity that one comes up with that have little sensible connection to anything else -- which, naturally, includes irrelevant references and observations and various impulses that are often suppressed in serious adult behavior.
    I take less than a month of absence and now a friend is just. Gone. Vanished. There's a void where their account used to be. 

I wonder where they are.
  • edited 2015-06-19 10:02:47
    Come to think of it.

This image -- which I made by, basically, whimsically editing an image @Odradek posted -- is sort of like a crude YTP.

1. it uses the source material merely as a medium, without relevance to what the source material actually is.
    2. some number of "throw it in" ideas.  "What if I could have something going on in the background?  Hmm, I could put Godzilla's laser breath in there."
    3. silly references to, wordplay on, or mocking edits of things, such as turning "Sher" into "Cher", or turning Karl Marx's bearded silhouette into the Solemn Vow, a bearded bust from TF2.
    4. ignorance of quality or polish -- a common trait especially in earlier YTPs.  occasionally paying the equivalent of "lip service" to it because it's "funnier that way" -- see the patch of black next to the Kool-Aid Man.  this suggests an irreverent attitude toward my own work.

that said, a YTPs with good quality/polish are often held in higher regard.

If I put more effort into this or had more inspiration I could probably have come up with a better "poop", one that told a coordinated story (like a story poop) of some sort, such as turning this thing into a Mega Man platformer level and editing all the features to make them into platforms, obstacles, and googly-eyed enemies in the style of the Mega Man games, rather than simply having random fucking shit flying all over the place which is the case for this "poop".  Generally speaking, poops with some sort of semi-coherent theme or narrative are better-regarded, though not always.
  • edited 2015-06-19 10:08:57
    come to think of it, i should have turned the window panes into the bottom of an alphabet chart for kindergarteners complete with pictures of items starting in those letters.

then I could have made the big panes a chalkboard.

then I could have turned one of the characters into Bart Simpson and the other into Zetsubou-sensei.

Then I could have had the familiar "Bart Simpson had to write this line many times on the board as punishment" meme in the background, but then edit THAT in order to have Bart having put some sort of puerile joke into it, then have Zetsubou-sensei facepalming or something in reaction to that.

then i could have Bart Simpson giggling furiously because the lettesr at the very top of the book cover have been rearranged to spell something obscene or referential and one of them is hanging half-off and about to fall on Zetsubou-sensei's head.

or something.

see if I did all this that would have at least followed a more coherent theme.