The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i thought the whole point of calling them something else was to specify the aforementioned micro-fascists as opposed to other mathy peeps
  • let it rain a day a week a year

let it rain a thousand years a day
  • edited 2015-06-09 01:57:57

That's the divine answer to all the shed tears

That's the cyclic flood well known by those who know
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Tachyon said:

i thought the whole point of calling them something else was to specify the aforementioned micro-fascists as opposed to other mathy peeps

It's a slippery slope

• i havent listened to Samael in years
    math/philosophy is still my otp
    some people ship math/physics, and i can see where they're coming from

but imo physics takes math for granted and will never truly understand

it would be a very one-sided relationship
  • wrong thread
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

and lo, it rained for a whole bunch of days and nights but we don't know exactly how many because all the math nerds are dead

i need to use this in something
    Mind you, we should do it humanely
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Rain was falling on the chapel, on the garden, on the college. It would rain for ever, noiselessly. The water would rise inch by inch, covering the grass and shrubs, covering the trees and houses, covering the monuments and the mountain tops. All life would be choked off, noiselessly: birds, men, elephants, pigs, children: noiselessly floating corpses amid the litter of the wreckage of the world. Forty days and forty nights the rain would fall till the waters covered the face of the earth.

It might be. Why not?
    In all fairness, Adorno Snobs also need to go
  • everyone must go, no money down, up to 75% off

this is the ugly furniture apocalypse at the end of the world
    Sometimes I think about Red Pandas. These are the best times
    sometimes I just play the riff from "Black Dog" over and over

sometimes I just play the riff from "Black Dog" over and over

Hobbits
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I need to come up with some other Centralian fairies besides the Safety Fairy
    Candy Fairy

Gem Fairy

Cupid Fairy

Flesh Fairy

Eternal Fairy (and Hijacker Fairy)
    these are all good ideas except maybe the last one

I wonder what the Sugar Fairy would be like
    Train Fairy
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Are all of them just named "[subject] Fairy"?
    One thing I mildly miss in Windows 8 was the ability to set the "Classic" (i.e. Windows 2000) theme.

I guess the Windows 8 theme is pretty basic itself.
  • edited 2015-06-09 02:38:17
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ i shouldn't have thought so

but i've been assuming the "* County Safety Fairy" was a job title created by Princess Jeanette, and probably seemed like a good idea at the time, and it just so happens that in every county the position is filled by the same fairy
    opacity lock
    Tachyon said:

^^ i shouldn't have thought so

but i've been assuming the "* County Safety Fairy" was a job title created by Princess Jeanette, and probably seemed like a good idea at the time, and it just so happens that in every county the position is filled by the same fairy

That was pretty much what I had in mind when I came up with it, yeah. We never really did learn the County Safety Fairy's real name.
  • I just thought it was some sort of inherent factor determined during the fairy's creation.

Like the safety fairy was determined ages ago and will outlast the princessdom by epochs.
    Part of the reason she's only ever called the Safety Fairy is because I can't think of any names befitting of fairies.
    the Safety Fairy takes her job very seriously

and is an overachiever
  • I just thought it was some sort of inherent factor determined during the fairy's creation.

Like the safety fairy was determined ages ago and will outlast the princessdom by epochs.
    same

fairies aren't usually very free with their real names anyway

mortals aren't generally supposed to know them
    *takes the next 3 posters on a trip to Mewni*
    ah, i seem to be in the minority here in my interpretation

i've been basing my assumption on
    1. the fact that the Safety Fairy works for every county in an (apparently) official capacity
    2. an old post by Crystal which speculated about Princess Jeanette delegating magical tasks to magical beings
  • edited 2015-06-09 03:10:47
    Pizza Dog
    Fairy comes from the fair folk, which most people now commonly associate as "Elves"

Keebler Elves are the most commonly accepted notion of what defines an "elf"
    i think the association with the "fair folk" euphemism is a back-formation or maybe even a coincidence

"fairy" comes from "faerie", an old French word meaning "of the fae"

and "fae" itself comes from the Latin "fata", so really they are the Fates.

elves will shoot your ass
    Congratulations! Tachyon, Counterclock, and Imi are all going to Mewni!
    which part

looked through the desktop thread and found this

whatever happened to taht thread? That game was fun.
    Tachyon said:

which part

uh, whichever part you want i suppose? i didn't really think this through
    I hope they have a Wendy's there
  • Tachyon said:

i think the association with the "fair folk" euphemism is a back-formation or maybe even a coincidence

"fairy" comes from "faerie", an old French word meaning "of the fae"

and "fae" itself comes from the Latin "fata", so really they are the Fates.

The unfair folk, #basically Drows
  • for that past week ive had this weird on/off thing where it feels like there is something congealing in the back of my throat

it was barely there at all today but all of a sudden it is back

allergies? but i've never had allergies before
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

#killallmentos

i see you're a diet coke fan
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    are those the voice actresses for 'em?
    Yeah

They recast everybody for some reason :<
  • I want to say that they're too actress-y to be voice models.

This is stupid, but it's what my mind is saying. Behold it in all its glory.
  • edited 2015-06-09 05:16:23
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • Don Hertzfelt did a Simpsons couch gag.

I use the term "couch gag" extremely loosely.

• for that matter, I use the individual words "gag" and "couch" extremely loosely.