The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• i cant really say it's awful, from what i saw they had reasonable and well articulated opinions on various films

but i dont really watch reviews to see average and moderately informed opinions reflecting conventional tastes and commitment levels, i can formulate those sorts of ideas on my own y'know?

and the funny bits arent funny imo
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    That one unspeakable moment with the television and the olson twins.

euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

section do (?) + this one person i follow on tumblr

SFS got me into it, actually.

Meta also likes it, too.

There are others, I'm sure, although I don't think they're around these parts.
  • edited 2015-05-13 00:27:30

Panurge said:

naney said:

idk how you even hate it that much its just bland

Imagine someone saying "Oh my God, what happened to your face?" in a silly voice.

Now imagine many, many people considering this line to be The Height Of Humor, to the point where they will quote it at the slightest provocation.

Now imagine people being so amazed at the pitch-perfect humor of saying this phrase in a silly voice that they want to enshrine the creator in a mountain carved out to resemble the greatest satirists of all time: Swift, Cervantes, Twain, and Internet Person #5237589372.

Now you know how I feel.
    you care about internet randos way too much

• also mark twain is shit
  • red letter media >>>>>>> mark twain
  • meet the spartans is actually better than mark twain
    (2015 self)
    naney said:

also mark twain is shit

Well, duh.

I've known that for years.

He's one of the people with whom I have a bloodfeud, along with Ricky Gervais.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    naney said:

Panurge said:

naney said:

idk how you even hate it that much its just bland

Imagine someone saying "Oh my God, what happened to your face?" in a silly voice.

Now imagine many, many people considering this line to be The Height Of Humor, to the point where they will quote it at the slightest provocation.

Now imagine people being so amazed at the pitch-perfect humor of saying this phrase in a silly voice that they want to enshrine the creator in a mountain carved out to resemble the greatest satirists of all time: Swift, Cervantes, Twain, and Internet Person #5237589372.

Now you know how I feel.
    you care about internet randos way too much

It's not that I care about them on my own, it's that people I enjoy watching talk them up as a high water mark of Internet Quality.

If that didn't happen they'd just be another Asalieri/Irate Gamer/Darksyde Phil phenomena
  • then maybe u need to watch different people
    (2015 self)
    Or maybe ou need to let Odra have his own point of view and properly hate the things that bother him.
  • is Huckleberry Hound better than Huckleberry Finn :v

how can you have a blood feud with Ricky Gervais
    naney said:

then maybe u need to watch different people

I am not going to give up major sources of entertainment and laughs just because of something that annoys me.

It is annoying enough to complain about, but not annoying enough to be worth giving stuff up over.
    (2015 self)

is Huckleberry Hound better than Huckleberry Finn :v

Yes.

Although, Huckleberry Finn has what is possibly the greatest line of any book, ever.  You know the one.  
    (2015 self)
    GAY
    I don't see anything gay about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and your assertion that there is something "homoerotic" about the strong male friendships contained within strikes me as childish.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Kexruct said:

GAY

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    At some point last year they finally got around to replacing those:

Marxist pessimism is preferable to internet antinatalist pessimism.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Tom Waits, but for what?
    (2015 self)

how can you have a blood feud with Ricky Gervais
    He hates my religion.  He hates all religion.  He's more insufferable than Dawkins.  

(It would hurt me so much less if people hated me directly and wanted me to die, rather than hating my religion.)
  • Ricky Gervais is the most insufferable and unfunny man
  • his sense of humor is mean, nasty and stupid, and he is fat and ugly

(*slam dunk*)
    (2015 self)
    naney said:

his sense of humor is mean, nasty and stupid, and he is fat and ugly

(*slam dunk*)
    hi-five!
    I do not like mean, nasty and stupid senses of humor.
  • My tolerance for them varies
  • Also I admit, I wish I were more into The Ricky Gervais Show because, well, you know why
    because you have lousy taste?
  • anonus the title card of a show is not good enough reason to like something
    naney said:

anonus the title card of a show is not good enough reason to like something

(2015 self)

naney said:

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    Aliroz said:

naney said:

• naney said:

No, no, no

I was pointing out that the show's look was deliberately modeled on Ed Benedict's style
  • (the character designs are by Craig Kellman, who also redesigned the Flintstones characters in the '90s)
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    I like rlm, personally because they make me laugh.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Gervais was okay in Muppets Most Wanted.
  • Honestly, the better parts of the Ricky Gervais Show were more reliant on Stephen and Karl than Ricky himself, who was kind of there in a comparatively "loudmouthed commentator" role.

(He also, in retrospect, was quite uncouth to poor Karl. Granted, Stephen got the odd snide comment in there too, but most of the time it was clear that his were in jest, whereas Ricky kind of skirted the line.)

Beautiful cinnamon roll.

(TRGS was the only HBO show I enjoyed for a long time, prior to the start of Last Week Tonight.)
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    naney said:

also mark twain is shit

nah

Tre said:

Honestly, the better parts of the Ricky Gervais Show were more reliant on Stephen and Karl than Ricky himself, who was kind of there in a comparatively "loudmouthed commentator" role.

(He also, in retrospect, was quite uncouth to poor Karl. Granted, Stephen got the odd snide comment in there too, but most of the time it was clear that his were in jest, whereas Ricky kind of skirted the line.)
    i can't recall seeing anything with ricky gervais but stephen merchant was good in portal 2
  • i mostly know Gervais from when he directed/wrote/starred in The Invention of Lying, which could basically be summed up as "r/atheism the movie with seltzer and friedberg production values and talent"
  • that description might actually be too lenient
  • edited 2015-05-13 06:01:18
    Wait but why does Naney have anything against Mark Twain
  • the essays and lectures and witicisms of mark twain are all perfectly nice but his books put me to sleep
  • i just dont get the appeal at all, his books dont speak to me in the slightest
  • (*the ghost of forsythe looks angrily on*)