The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It was a dark and stromboli night.
  • naney said:

i have purchased my first pair of size 32 jeans

also a deerhoof album

i fit into 32s just a few years ago gg
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It was a dark andimage

night
  • edited 2015-05-05 20:39:23

today i have eaten:

* yogurt

* a very burnt bagel w/ an egg and some cheese on it
  • Sleep time for me

Exam in the morning
  • im gonna go to taco bell
  • i am now stuffed with shitty fake mexican food

aww yeah
  • I'm doing the same, except at Moe's because I'm just enough of a pleb to like fake Mexican food but not enough to admit that I enjoy Taco Bell

Happy Cinco de Money
  • i didnt actually realize what day it was until half way through by quesarito
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

i have purchased my first pair of size 32 jeans

also a deerhoof album

I love Deerhoof.

What album did you get?
  • Apple O'

sredni recommended it to me
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Cool!
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    What is so inherently evil about being a fan of guns and the machinery and mechanics involved?

I know lots of gun nuts who would never carry concealed, leave it in reach or without the safety on, or, in fact, purchase ammunition or fire said guns.

-Sincerelycuriousliroz
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Guns as a technology are neither good nor bad; the problem is that the more strident gun advocates are insisting everyone should have one as a symbol of patriotism or citizenship, despite the fact that guns can kill people and require proper training to use and handle safely.
  • lee4hmz said:

Guns as a technology are neither good nor bad; the problem is that the more strident gun advocates are insisting everyone should have one as a symbol of patriotism or citizenship, despite the fact that guns can kill people and require proper training to use and handle safely.

i dont think ive ever seen anyone say this

ever
  • edited 2015-05-05 22:25:58
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    .Lee seems talking about the America that Centy and Miko know. Where people believe the sun orbits the earth and they "literally worship guns".
    Aliroz said:

.Lee is talking about the America that Centy and Miko know. Where people believe the sun orbits the earth and they "literally worship guns".

http://news.sky.com/story/1478315/cop-accidentally-shoots-his-mother-at-wedding

Or the America where a guy had a gun at a wedding.
  • Today I had, for breakfast, some generic veggies and pasta mixed with an Indian beans curry.

For lunch, I had a Mexican platter, that included rice topped with some veggie I didn't recognize but which seemed like chewy giant corn, topped with what was very tasty and probably pork, alongside chorizo which seemed rather dried out, as well as some roasted beef or maybe pork (not "roast beef" though) which was nice.  And also some kinda dry fried plantains, but being able to have plantains is a treat enough so I appreciated it.  Honestly, I appreciated the entire platter.

Just now I heated up a frozen bean-and-cheese burrito.
  • edited 2015-05-05 22:25:21
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i went to a little booth-like place that's near my apartment and got a carnitas burrito
  • edited 2015-05-05 22:27:00
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I know some people from that america, but am unable to properly morally condemn them, because they have been polite and friendly to me.

I just can't dislike people who don't dislike me... So I need other people to help me realize that my experience is not everyone's experienceexperience, to open my eyes to the wrongs.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    trees
  • i made a lentil and cardamom soup. it had 10 cardamom pods. TEN
  • at somepoint this week im having enchiladas i will consder that my cinco de mayo
  • edited 2015-05-05 22:29:04
    indian, mexican, and chinese cuisine all have relatively decent amounts of veggies, and as a result i like them
    why must I eat when eating is so boring
    Because eating is delicious.
    sez you
  • i used to think i generally didnt like most food and then discovered when i moved out that its just that my parents almost exclusively cook cuisines that i dont really like

the aforementioned chinese/mexican/indian is good, also u cant go wrong with anything from the mediterranean
  • is there many opportunities to try turkish food in america because turkish food is the fucking bomb
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I wonder if countries with national cuisines that don't suck have as many ethnic themed restaurants. Anyone here not American or British?

Also Japanese food is great, even though I sound like a total weeb saying that.
  • Turks are discriminated against here most of the time in the same way that Arabs and people from The Indian Subcontinent are, I've never seen a Turkish restaurant up here, but that might not be the case in more metropolitan areas.
  • sunn wolf said:

is there many opportunities to try turkish food in america because turkish food is the fucking bomb

i think it depends on where you live

tho to be fair "it depends on where you live" is the one truism about america in general

it should be the national motto
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The reason that Americans are so fat is that we eat a lot of food to make up for how shitty our food is.
    because Parliament wants them to starve
  • Panurge said:

The reason that Americans are so fat is that we eat a lot of food to make up for how shitty our food is.

nah it's because oftentimes poor people live in areas where good food is either too expensive or just plain unavailable
  • american food is great

we even have actually good cheese in places
  • kill living beings
    i've never even been to ANOVA
  • from what i saw on my travels around europe, yeah generally if your naational cuisine doesnt suck you have way more of your "own" cuisine restaurants

in italy for instance there are a fuckton of pizzerias, trattorias osterias, etc. you could still get a chinese if you wanted one but it wasnt so prevalent

because Parliament wants them to starve

Our Secretary of State for Work and Pensions once claimed that the only reason food bank usage was going up was because more people knew they existed.
  • Then why are British people so skinny then?
    have you met this group of people called "the scots"
  • naney said:

american food is great

Wisconsin cheddar is better than English cheddar.

Even in PA here we make pretty good cheese. And we will own anyone, including Germany, at pretzelry.
  • 4real scotland is the only place on the globe which approaches america for obesity levels. they deep fry mars bars. they're insane
    Everything about IDS is so weird. He was voted out of leadership by his own party, and then 7 years later David Cameron gave him a major secretarial position?
  • sunn wolf said:

Then why are British people so skinny then?
    silly sunny, Scots aren't British, they're Scottish :^)
  • i once went to a scottish chippy and ordered AN ENTIRE PIZZA just wholesale dipped into a deep fat fryer. you can do this in scotland. it is called a "pizza crunch". you can feel your arteries clogging as you eat it
  • sunn wolf said:

Then why are British people so skinny then?
    silly sunny, Scots aren't British, they're Scottish :^)
    i hope in a few years this is even more true than it already is
  • naney said:

american food is great

Wisconsin cheddar is better than English cheddar.

Even in PA here we make pretty good cheese. And we will own anyone, including Germany, at pretzelry.
    just to make sure everyone sees