The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Aliroz said:

Who is Zizek?

a slovenian man famous for making extremely wild hand gestures
  • my local branch of Lush is hiring. that is a job i would 100% not mind having

shit now i need to actually finish my CV
  • Only philosopher I could straightfacedly compare to Lil B.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

Who is Zizek?

A stand-up philosopher.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Wild hand-guestures, compared to a misterious "lil b", and a stand-up philosopher?

As in a stand-up guy (a good person) or a stand-up comedian?
  • Lil B is very important
  • also jaaaaaane i listened to your album and i posted a thing about it in the musicpeople thread
    Aliroz said:

Wild hand-guestures, compared to a misterious "lil b", and a stand-up philosopher?

As in a stand-up guy (a good person) or a stand-up comedian?
    The latter.

You know, like Giordano Bruno.
  • sunn wolf said:

also jaaaaaane i listened to your album and i posted a thing about it in the musicpeople thread

I saw I saw thank u so much for being honest you and Sredni alone consistently give me so much drive to improve my music that it's not even funny.
  • sunn wolf said:

my local branch of Lush is hiring. that is a job i would 100% not mind having

a week or so ago i went to lush and talked with a very flamboyant man with pink hair regarding face scrubs and he gave me a free sample of this lime and sea salt scrub that was very nice
  • Shit, now I'm impulse buying games on Steam.
  • I've probably posted this like four times this week but Krizz Kaliko's verse on this song is so good

• now i'm imagining the chozos having a pre-columbian central-/south-american-like culture
  • Tools said:

Shit, now I'm impulse buying games on Steam.

don't do this

wait until the summer sale
  • Only bought Turbo Dismount because it was £2.37 instead of £6.99
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "Children, behave!"

That's what they say when we're together

"And watch how you play!"

They don't understand

And so we're running just as fast as we can
  • a comforting sense of imperfection
  • sunn wolf said:

also jaaaaaane i listened to your album and i posted a thing about it in the musicpeople thread

I saw I saw thank u so much for being honest you and Sredni alone consistently give me so much drive to improve my music that it's not even funny.
    np man just so long as when you become an internationally renowned beatmaker i can claim some of the credit
  • edited 2015-05-05 18:35:54

im wearing pink argyle socks with seafoam colored chinos, a white button down and a beat to hell denim jacket
  • naney said:

sunn wolf said:

my local branch of Lush is hiring. that is a job i would 100% not mind having

a week or so ago i went to lush and talked with a very flamboyant man with pink hair regarding face scrubs and he gave me a free sample of this lime and sea salt scrub that was very nice
    yea i am a reasonable mix of weird, fashionable, politically active adn i love lush and use their stuff when i can afford it so i think im in w/ a shout
  • also im done with classes for the time being
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Narrow streets of cobblestone
  • edited 2015-05-05 18:50:05
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/05/revealed-coalition-plans-to-slash-welfare-for-sick-poor-young-and-disabled
    • Getting employers to contribute more to the cost of statutory maternity pay – or as an alternative abolishing it entirely.
    • Making it harder for sick people to claim state aid when they are out of work by introducing “stricter” fit-for-work tests and/or tighter limits on eligibility.
    • Barring under-25s from claiming incapacity benefit or housing benefit.
    Hang parliament.
    I can't tell what good prose looks like.

I mean I can sometimes tell what bad prose looks like, and I can tell what I like, but sometimes I'll read a work of literary criticism in which a single sentence gets raved about, and I'll be like "Jesus, it's just a dude describing some leaves".

So usually I just nod and agree.
  • http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/05/revealed-coalition-plans-to-slash-welfare-for-sick-poor-young-and-disabled

• Getting employers to contribute more to the cost of statutory maternity pay – or as an alternative abolishing it entirely.
    • Making it harder for sick people to claim state aid when they are out of work by introducing “stricter” fit-for-work tests and/or tighter limits on eligibility.
    • Barring under-25s from claiming incapacity benefit or housing benefit.
    Hang parliament.
    good job that parliament is almost certain to be hung as is
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Hung, but alas, not hanged.
  • though for srs all those policies are insanely bad and stupid and its incredibly shit that the fuckbunch currently in power will still be in power for the next 5 years, its going to be great when everybody i know moves back in w/ their parents because no housing benefit for us anymore
  • "we want to encourage as many ppl as possible to go to university and well loan them money so they can live on their own and get a taste for independence and then essentially force them to move back in with their parents for 3 years as soon as they graduate"

hmm yes i see no way in which this will alienate young people and also their parents
    British politicians are all skeksis, right?

I haven't gotten the wrong impression from British people on this count, right?
  • edited 2015-05-05 19:28:17
    I want to know how you can actually make tests that declare terminal cancer patients fit for work even stricter.

"Oh, you're a skeleton? No excuse, get to work you filthy skiving prole!"
    You know what always amuses me? People who oppose attempts to raise the minimum wage but also gripe about people on welfare.

Like they genuinely never seem to make the connection that people earning a living wage wouldn't need government assistance.
    It's like a textbook example of the "fuck you, got mine" way of thinking
  • Panurge said:

you're absolutely correct,
  • edited 2015-05-05 19:43:32
    Panurge said:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/oct/16/charlie-brooker-cameron-a-lizard
  • see also: the royal family

sunn wolf said:

see also: the royal family

Sunn wolf if you become Sam Kriss, I swear to god I will strangle your firstborn child in the crib.
  • jokes on you, i will never have children
    I am defeated then, you are the superior tactician.
    Panurge said:

I mean I can sometimes tell what bad prose looks like, and I can tell what I like, but sometimes I'll read a work of literary criticism in which a single sentence gets raved about, and I'll be like "Jesus, it's just a dude describing some leaves".

Also "It was a dark and stormy night" is a perfectly acceptable beginning to a story.
    Shadow the Hedgehog is the first rapper with something meaningful to say in years.
  • Panurge said:

Panurge said:

Also "It was a dark and stormy night" is a perfectly acceptable beginning to a story.
    "It was a dark and stormy night" is fine

what isnt fine is the original quote, which is "It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents — except at
    occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind
    which swept up the streets (for it is in London that our scene lies),
    rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of
    the lamps that struggled against the darkness."
    True, but people often quote just that sentence instead of the whole thing.
  • then again the guy that wrote tht also came up with the phrases "the pen is mightier than the sword", "the great unwashed", and "the almighty dollar", so it's just, like, your opinion, man
  • edited 2015-05-05 20:21:13
    what about prose that begins with "Journey back to 1792 and the Transylvanian countryside of Romania..."?
  • kill living beings
    it was a dark and stormy night was also the first bit of that novel I read when I was like twelve and I loved it
  • i have purchased my first pair of size 32 jeans

also a deerhoof album