The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    She was mostly good about it though.
  • The way she did it was funny and cre8ive, at least.
  • I wish Aondeug had migrated to the Novoheap.

She was a coolbean.

• edited 2012-03-31 21:52:52
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Someone should persuade her to come here.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    @Ozzy

True.

I honestly don't like posting there much anymore.
  • edited 2012-03-31 21:54:45
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^^She has an account here but seldom ever used it.
  • Sometimes I avoid the motherheap, when people I do not like are posting. ::::/
  • edited 2012-03-31 22:01:12
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Only some of the heap. Many are on the original only.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Losing interest in the original Trash Heap was one of the major factors that finally pushed me to leave TVT.

'Course, when I went back and posted in the LGBT thread a bit last week, I realize there are still people there I'd missed (like kegisak and Haldo).

Also time seems to be moving weirdly slowly for me tonight.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I want there to be another thunderstorm.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    There was a nice big thunderstorm here yesterday.

'Course, it brought a couple tornado warnings with it, but you've got to break a few eggs to make an omelet
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    There was a nice one here yesterday as well.

For some reason, I really like to sit and read while a storm is happening.
  • I love the sound of rain.
  • It's raining here (not big surprise). It'd be cool if there was thunder too.
  • edited 2012-03-31 22:11:02
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Okay, this panel of Overcompensating is making me want to see the G0d of Internet cosplaying Terezi. XD
  • edited 2012-03-31 22:11:44
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Then this morning (4:30 or 5:00 am) I was driving out OH 161 out New Albany and it was amazingly foggy.

There was only one other driver on the eastbound lanes, and he was doing 50-55 the whole time. (I ended up passing him, because, c'mon, the visibility wasn't that limited; it's a fucking straightaway)
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Sagat's Theme, it's no good, nyeh.
    I feel like engaging in anorakia. Is it anorak time?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    If you want it to be! What kind?
  • edited 2012-03-31 22:53:20
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I hate to leave you guys, but I should probably get to bed early to be more prepared for tomorrow's biology trip. I'll be back on Tuesday. See you later, everyone.
    ^^ Roads, right now. I know you're not really interested in that, but I kinda wanted to talk...

^ Good night Gator. See you Tuesday!
    Good night Gator.

what about roads?
    Well when I was driving up OH 161 this morning I noticed that the signs for the Beech Road exit have Jersey Township 88 shields on them, of this design (though with the border omitted).

It strikes me as silly because nobody will ever use the township road number for guidance--it pretty much exists only for maintenance purposes.

Really, the only reason to even have an interchange at Beech Road seems to be providing access to the freeway from Worthington Road, old OH 161. For local traffic, having an interchange at Mink Street Road would make more sense.
  • edited 2012-03-31 23:20:05
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • edited 2012-03-31 23:23:26
    That reminds me, I need a blank warning diamond. I want to write BUNP on one for some reason. :D

As for that curve, it's on a transition between a highway and a town street, so they probably get a lot of speeders there.
    ^^sorry...
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Actually, to me, it looks like the arrow is suggesting to people that they drive through someone's house.
  • sleepy time
  • And so it was written that the bend on Beech/Worthington Rd was such a danger to mankind that the Warning sign shall be adorned with flashing lights for all eternity
    ...Does anyone else ever have moments where you feel like you need to stop and wait for the light to turn green before you turn right, or is that just me?

No, intersections posted with "NO TURN ON RED" don't count.
  • edited 2012-04-01 00:01:59
    I always come to a complete stop before turning right, and it drives people nuts because everyone runs stop signs and red lights here. EVERYONE. And I hate it. :P 

In other news, I was just reading about Adventures from the Book of Virtues, and I remember watching it and thinking that there was something off about it, something that smacked of conservative Christianity or Mormonism, and it turns out I was right. It was produced by former drug czar and arch-conservative William Bennett, and if you look at some of its sponsors, a lot of them hate PBS and I'm sure would have preferred to run the show on Fox Kids or The Family Channel.The only problem is, the show was produced at a time when Fox Kids was the edgiest network around, and wouldn't have stood for cornball nonsense like that. And from what I remember of the show, it would have been a bit much even for FAM, who was trying to move away from being 100% religious to ensure carriage in the cities.
  • I have altered my avatar

pray I do not alter it further.

Wake in your darkest dreams, go ahead and try to scream! NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU NOWWW
  • I just realized this avatar is actually slightly smaller than Vanilla's avatar box. That's a surprise considering how ludicrously tiny the thing is.
    All I remember about Adventures from the Book of Virtues was its Burger King tie-in from around 1998.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    ^ ^ Really? Never seen that tie-in.

^ Me too.
  • So today, I learned that trying to find downloads, torrents, etc. for any comic that's not either A) a manga or B) a superhero comic is freaking impossible.

I've been trying to find a torrent or something for the first volume of Skeleton Key for hours, no luck at all. I found it on Amazon, but I'm not about to pay 13 bucks for a book that's less than a hundred pages long.

edit: wait, may have finally found it.

• edited 2012-04-01 00:22:59
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I remember that the girl was kind of cute, the stories reminded me of Sunday school (Mormon Sunday school, no less), and the animation was actually quite pretty. But it also really seemed like it was trying to sell me something, like it was a show that was meant to sell toys except it was selling "family values" instead. 

VeggieTales is also ostensibly like that, but gets a lot of Brownie points for not being too preachy. This show laid it on thick, as I recall.
  • edited 2012-04-01 00:24:52
  • edited 2012-04-01 00:27:10
  • I don't think I've ever paid more than ten dollars for a book.

I'd feel far worse about it if the author would actually get any money from me buying his book (assuming this Andi fellow is a guy, here) but given that the imprint (Slave Labor Graphics) seems to be defunct (their website no longer functions, in any case) I don't care so much.

(Slave Labor Graphics)
    That doesn't sound like the author would get any money anyway.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's one of those quirky, off-beat companies with a weird name.

They had an affiliated record label too. So aside from the "apparently not existing anymore" part, I quite like their business model.

^If the imprint's defunct, I assume not. Though I suppose I could be wrong.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, VeggieTales didn't take itself too seriously. Whereas this show was, as I remember correctly, about as serious as a corpse party funeral. I actually kind of liked that in 1996, when I was severely depressed and having both a crisis in faith (the same one that led me to leave LDS in 1997) and a crisis in my direction in life after dropping out of college, but now that I'm relatively happy with myself? BLUH.

• The sadness will last forever.
    God, I love Veggietales.

And I'm an agnostic.