The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    now I feel bad for having bought stuff from amazon
  • i have too. often it is a pain to have to avoid.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

i thought it over and

i would rather take one solid punch to the face than watch The Dark Knight Rises again, but not two punches.

I'm just waiting until the Rifftrax of it comes out so I can watch that with dear.

I maintain that Sorrow42L = Anonymous Avenue Lite

We really are. >_<</p>
    It's not a bad thing! :P

You're only "Lite" because people can usually tell you apart.
    I knew it wasn't a bad thing.

I'm just still amused by all the parallels between us. :P
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I generally value the integrity of my face more than a shitty movie or two

but maybe that's just me
    when Gotham is ashes
    when Gotham is Ash's
    when Gotham is Ashens
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

when Gotham is Ashens

whoa, is that like, a Batman Game Boy?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm jealous of Terry Gilliam

He was born in the US but became a British icon

Why don't I get to become British

wah
    I...

I don't get why you would want that
    Because I'd rather associate myself with a nanny state than whatever the fuck America is these days
    My favorite thing about "sovereign citizens" is when they try to make arguments consisting entirely of an awful pun

"Well, the alleged offense occurred in Blendon Township, so clearly we're dealing with maritime admiralty law here..."
    I miss Aondeug
    nanny state

"yes nanny?"
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

I...

It worked for Jimi Hendrix.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
  • Because I'd rather associate myself with a nanny state than whatever the fuck America is these days

im sorry to inform you but in england they have private property and they already have a royal family
  • also the guy who will most likely become king when Queen Elizabeth kicks the bucket is sort of a classist douche.
    Sorry, America, the Second Amendment remains a dealbreaker for me

I...

Apparently, European folks do tend to take better to "unusual" music, literature, etc. Zappa was bigger over there too.

Unlike Americans who just listen to whatever shit Miley Cyrus is vomiting up
  • I...

Apparently, European folks do tend to take better to "unusual" music, literature, etc. Zappa was bigger over there too.

Unlike Americans who just listen to whatever shit Miley Cyrus is vomiting up
    u would hate Dizzee Rascal.
  • The clear solution is to take a few language classes and move to the fabled Scandinavian lands, otherwise known as Switzerland without the terribleness that surrounds Switzerland like miasma
    oh, I'm sure there's lots of terrible music in England

that's where the Spice Girls were from, y'know
  • Yes but Rascal is (perhaps unfairly given how long ago Boy in Da Corner came out) the poster child of Grime, a rather out-there genre that is a sort of cousin to hip-hop, which as I am aware, you do not enjoy.

My only real point is that weirder music is not necessarily more preferable. Even just to you specifically.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    oh, I'm sure there's lots of terrible music in England

that's where the Spice Girls were from, y'know
    This was a hit over there

This was also a British thing

Do I even need to say it
    Little known fact: the Revolutionary War was actually fought to protect the colonies from Bad British Pop Music.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    cher lloyd is really pretty, but her music kind of sucks
    Weird is usually good but not always.

Also I can't help but kinda like the title "Touch My Bum"
    "The song was written by the two production teams The Runners and The Monarch with Lloyd, Petr Brdičko, Autumn Rowe, Marcus Lomax and Clarence Coffee Jr., and it was produced by the The Runners and The Monarch."

Songs being written by a production team is never a good sign...let alone two production teams
  • america has john zorn
  • also john cage

and dominick fernow
    but Mortal Kombat has Johnny Cage, renowned for his role in the award-winning Sudden Violence
  • edited 2015-02-17 23:48:35
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    The U.K. has Wire, but the U.S. has the Talking Heads.

They're pretty evenly matched if you ask me.
  • edited 2015-02-18 01:59:59
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Sorry, America, the Second Amendment remains a dealbreaker for me

Sometimes I get the impression that you're mad at me or don't like me, Central.
  • Hurry, only 6 seconds to go
    Repeat as necessary

OINGO

BOINGO

BRUZZAS
  • that episode was just 2good
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    That thumbnail is terrifying.
    Ore wa Oingo!

Henshin dekiru~
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    So that's what happened to Klasky-Csupo
  • edited 2015-02-18 02:19:26
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Panurge said:

Ore wa Oingo!

Henshin dekiru~
    Young man, we will not have such language in this house!  No tildes!  We are a tilde free zone!

... hours later ...

Do you know what happens when we use more than the allotted number of symbÖl║»s?  i┼ g¼ts mÅ░ ss▐y.

Don't make me take away the family ╖╛┐└ ┴ ] ○ ª ] £ ► ◄ ↕ ‼ ‼ ¶ ► §  stash we've kept hidden from the coppers all these years.
    Aliroz said:

Panurge said:

Ore wa Oingo!

Henshin dekiru~
    Young man, we will not have such language in this house!  No tildes!  We are a tilde free zone!

... hours later ...

Do you know what happens when we use more than the allotted number of symbÖl║»s?  i┼ g¼ts mÅ░ ss▐y.

Don't make me take away the family ╖╛┐└ ┴ ] ○ ª ] £ ► ◄ ↕ ‼ ‼ ¶ ► §  stash we've kept hidden from the coppers all these years.
    NOOOO

HOW WILL I EXPRESS NEGATIONS IN FORMAL LOGIC
    Aliroz said:

No tildes!  We are a tilde free zone!

MATLAB uses ~= to mean "is not equal to"

I always had trouble remembering that one because a tilde isn't associated with "not" in my mind
  • I always thought that mathematically a Tilde meant "is roughly or approximately equal to"
  • edited 2015-02-19 17:50:11
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This probably won't work, but it sure would be cool if it did:

(Note to Lee: let us embed iframes again so we can do cool things)