The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• what happened to UPN
  • Princess Alice is BANNED in all formats but Vintage, where she is restricted to 1 copy per deck.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm currently locked out of Twitter for being a bot

It's happening to a lot of folks, apparently
  • Tre said:

what happened to UPN

Still owned by Viacom
  • I'm currently locked out of Twitter for being a bot

It's happening to a lot of folks, apparently
    yep

weird.
  • CA what do you think about being banned in all formats
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's fixed now, for me at least.

Banned, eh? Am I OP or something?
  • actually I don't know if Disney got UPN too

that jackass Dean Valentine who ran UPN was a former Disney exec (he's the one responsible for nobody in 101 being British anymore except Cruella - also he apparently axed Gargoyles and Mighty Ducks), and UPN was already running Disney's One Too/Animation Weekdays...though Viacom would have to give up duopolies in several markets

Disney probably wouldn't have wanted UPN anyway
  • It's fixed now, for me at least.

Banned, eh? Am I OP or something?
    yes

pink mana is just too strong
  • naney said:

seriously tho who is everest

a former mod on the IJBM (that's IJBM 2, not IJBM 1) board.  he doesn't even hang out there anymore.  (If you're reading this, Everest, feel free to prove me wrong just for kicks. :P)

that said

> wanting an SA membership in the first place
    Hey now! Something Awful has a neat trans thread! And an "Ask a traffic engineer" thread!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it's also Something Awful
  • One of these days, I'll stop skipping my math classes in favor of trying to derive the information from Google while doing homework.
  • The only cards banned in all formats would be, well, ante cards. 

Even the super-broken cards are at least playable in Vintage.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

Hey now! Something Awful has a neat trans thread! And an "Ask a traffic engineer" thread!

SA's trans thread was my inspiration in making le trans thread and I found it very helpful in the past, much more than any sort of hugboxing or arguing about social politics. Clearly, I failed to make a good thread. I needed more links and more info. I should have been less tragically naieve back then. Not that it would have helped anyone here much anyway. I've never seen anyone here talk about trans-related resources or help with transitioning, and I assume no one wants to talk about these things. In short: SA helped me back then and Tumblr and TVT and its offshoots did not, so let's be nice and thankful for the SA trans thread.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Cream said:

SA's trans thread was my inspiration in making le trans thread and I found it very helpful in the past, much more than any sort of hugboxing or arguing about social politics. Clearly, I failed to make a good thread. I needed more links and more info. I should have been less tragically naieve back then. Not that it would have helped anyone here much anyway. I've never seen anyone here talk about trans-related resources or help with transitioning, and I assume no one wants to talk about these things. In short: SA helped me back then and Tumblr and TVT and its offshoots did not, so let's be nice and thankful for the SA trans thread.
    Echo chamber is a word that exists.

There is no need to use this word.
    I think a lot of us misinterpreted the intent of your thread, honestly.

If you want to post any trans resources and links, please do.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    There are about two people in this forum who I have privately tried to give direction and advice to with my limited knowledge and experience because it seemed like they wanted/needed help, and maybe I've been encouraging or given information that is at least useful to have, but maybe I'm just not a good leader for this sort of thing. I can link to some good sites no one talks about and I can dispense information and advice but it's only useful if people really want to talk about transitioning and it seems like no one does. Which is... fine, I guess. There are other places for that. Anyway, the entire topic is an emotional trigger for me, increasingly so over the past year. Discussing the topic often leaves me feeling an unpredictable mixture of frustrated, jealous, indignant, sad, guilty, furious, worried, and hopeless.
    In that case, perhaps we should drop the subject...
  • edited 2015-02-11 03:25:20
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

I found that thread useful too, I say as a pointless disclaimer. I also take issue with the accusations of "hugboxing"/echo chambers, but that's incidental to what I'm focusing on and I don't care awfully much.

Anyway, just because you find the "infighting" about social politics useless does not mean that they are, so would you mind not dismissing them out-of-hand so quickly? Centie for example, seems to rather enjoy and gain something from the discussions on trans politics she sees (if she doesn't mind my taking a stab in the dark). Heck, continuing with Centie, said discussions don't make it a "bad" thread, so much as just a thread. The thing about HH is that it's not strictly bound to specific topics, and the threads here will continue as we need them; i.e., the trans thread will change as it needs to fit our needs.

I obviously don't entirely agree with you, which is fine, but that's just me. I'm fine with links, even if I won't bother with posting any since I figure everyone is knowledgeable enough to have already found them, and such. I mean, just because I don't post any doesn't mean I'm not reading what I care to read on the subject, which admittedly rather irks me when I read your post. Similarly, the assumption that we need to look into them. My needs are different from Centie's, and hers from AU's. Following that, the thread will change as we make it what we want. Please, post those links with any commentary you see fit to add, but please don't do this dismissive silliness (which is how it reads to me, admittedly), just because some of us are not sure where to go, or how we even are, or simply don't necessarily need to post.

^^ I made this comment before seeing your response. I'll drop it, but I wanted to get that out.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    sa's trans thread is fine but if you're using that as a baseline the drama level is still way lower on this forum's, pretty much by default
    See, I'm not good at this. In general I think Crystal is great and also she is better with this type of stuff. If it helps, I was being a bit hyperbolic by saying "hugbox" and maybe I was releasing a little bit of frustration. If CentralAve likes the trans threads then I am actually very pleased. CentralAve is also great! I also believe Calica's assertion about drama levels. :p
    sometimes threads don't turn out like you expected, but that doesn't mean they're all bad.

Anyway, I think we should talk about something nice, like candy
    Candy: Centralia's #1 export
    because prostitution doesn't count as an export
  • prostitution?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    That's all fair, Cream.

As for happy matters: I have brownies and milk.
  • Crystal said:

That's all fair, Cream.

As for happy matters: I have brownies and milk.
    brownies are the best

that is all

prostitution?

You don't know what "prostitution" means? Where are your parents, little kid?
    milk is the best
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    in the immortal words of BEEFTANK, milks
    Let's have a party for magical princesses

But you're invited too
  • edited 2015-02-11 04:40:22
    BEWARE OF GRRL!

So there's a writer named Carlton Mellick III

His books include

Satan Burger
    Electric Jesus Corpse
    Warrior Wolf Women of the Wasteland
    The Baby Jesus Butt Plug
    The Menstruating Mall
    Ocean of Lard
    The Haunted Vagina
    Adolf in Wonderland
    The Faggiest Vampire
    The Kobold Wizard's Dildo of Enlightenment
    The Morbidly Obese Ninja

...is this guy the Anal Cunt of literature?

quoting three years later, he also wrote I Knocked Up Satan's Daughter
    Why does everyone wanna give Satan a bad name?
    One of you peoples needs to bring the 7-Up to this party
  • But caffeine

But caffeine

Are you proposing making Princess Alice even more hyper? Think carefully about the consequences.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    You just export prostitutes to wherever you want and they'll make money for you.

How exactly does one export prostitution? 

That's why I said it doesn't count as an export! That just doesn't make any sense.
  • MachSpeed said:

You just export prostitutes to wherever you want and they'll make money for you.

Yeah, but that's not exporting. That's...outsourcing?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    You're sending your own, not hiring talent already present in the area.
    "Don't you think it's a little weird," I said, "that my radio always seems to go dead in this particular spot, no matter what frequency I tune it to?"

"What I think is a little weird is that you're listening to the radio in the year 2014," said Ben.

I was starting to get annoye. "I already told you: this is a shortwave radio. I can listen to stations from all around the world. Even--"

"Even?"

"...Even stations from back in Cleveland."
  • so uh

is the Crown like funding prostitution

or is prostitution legal in Centralia
    I decided some time ago that it would be legal, but tightly regulated to ensure the safety of those involved
  • no the prostitution is crowd-funded not crown-funded.

Dickstarter.com