The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Remember that 1999 incident where a Centralian train went through a tunnel and when it came out everybody on board had been transformed into animals?

They eventually found the enchantress responsible, but there wasn't enough evidence for a conviction.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Happy Birthday, Wicked!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    happy birthday Mandelbrot Set
  • bands with cats
  • edited 2015-02-10 19:00:41
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Things that are absolutely awesome:

Polio vaccines.

Aawwwwwwww, yeah, take that, Polio!  

(Now, let's eradicate it everywhere else in the world and give it the smallpox treatment)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Not gonna lie:

It still bugs me that a stranger bought Everest an SA account back during the TVT nonsense just because he was an IJBM mod, but I haven't managed to get anyone to buy me one no matter how long I've hinted at wanting one.
  • lady it's 10 bucks
    It's not about the money, it's about the principle

I deserve to have people buy me shit at least as much as that guy does!!
  • edited 2015-02-10 19:04:15
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, it's 10 bucks.

IN BASE 948!

(note:  Not really.  that was a joke.  I apologize).
  • i dont even know who that guy is
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

It's not about the money, it's about the principle

I deserve to have people buy me shit at least as much as that guy does!!
    puffin bought me my sa account a while back from extra grant money she had.  i should pass it forward probably
    Basically this goes back to my insecurities about when I felt "excluded" from the IJBM cool crowd (for the 2 or 3 months that such a crowd actually existed) and jealousy that Everest got a free account solely based on his status as a moderator of a TVT spinoff site and I DIDN'T
  • nothing says cool like "mod on a forum full of sad youg adult persons"
    I'm not even sure I qualify as a young adult anymore

Is 25 "young" by any reasonable standard?
  • seriously tho who is everest
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

Yes.

I mean, seriously, avenue.
    I don't really have an answer to that besides "He's someone who used to hang out on IJBM and was one of the few people who seemed rightly annoyed by my Central Avenue-ness back then."
  • I'm not even sure I qualify as a young adult anymore

you're young until you're like

then you're middle aged until sometime in your 70s
    (2015 self)
    I'm cranky, sleep-deprived, and bored.
  • Aliroz said:

I'm cranky, sleep-deprived, and bored.

same but i burned out a whole week's worth of cranky last night so im pretty chill now
    toniiiiiight

we are yoooung

• forever 21, home of the worst shirts in the universe
    (2015 self)
    Chronological age is vastly overrated.

It has very little to do with emotional and physical age.

It is only western culture's frankly dangerous obsession with time that makes age so very important to us.

Be not ashamed for being young for your age, there are people who are short for their age, and people (like me) who physically are years younger than their chronological age (medically, that is called being young for your age).

There is no reason why coloring books, jump ropes, jacks, hopscotch, sandboxes, are unacceptable as activities for adults while video games are acceptable for adults.

Avenue, you are what you are, and wanting yourself to be more mature is just as futile as wanting yourself to be taller, or wanting me to have a body that reflects my actual chronological age.

Enjoy youth. Enjoy life.

The other way is the path to madness.
    (2015 self)
    Whether you are a young adult depends on things other than your chronological age, Avenue.

Stop acting like chronological age is everything, it's really, well, how do you think that makes me feel when I am literally years behind in my aging (body-wise, not mind-wise)?  When my growth is literally stunted?

Doubt yourself and you doubt me, and I can't stand that, Avenue.

Sorry for being forceful here, I'm sleep deprived, and I'll regret this post tomorrow.
    My problem is that I feel like I'm supposed to be like 6 or 14 or 22 depending on the day, but I'm much too old for any of the qualities associated with those ages

Why do you think I made Princess Alice's special ability the power to change age?
  • edited 2015-02-10 19:20:41

@al a nice post
  • edited 2015-02-10 19:25:52
    (2015 self)
    Dang it, Avenue, if I can be years behind my actual age in one way, then you can act years behind your actual age.

If you're defective in some way, then what the heck does that make me? I mean, especially because your youth is by temperament.

Avenue, your soul is younger than your body. My body is younger than my mind.

If you're broken, then what am I?

are you fucking serious
  • everest added me on facebook for some reason. i cant even remember why or how because i never really knew him and dont remember giving out my facebook. i think i still have him as a friend

and being 'young' is always relative but in the grand scheme of things 25 is definitely still young

are you fucking serious
    I'm one of the oldest people in my circle of friends

They're all in the 18-22 range, with one or two outliers
    Basically, my worry is that I'm too old to not have my life figured out
    nobody has their life figured out.
    "Life is what happens while you're making other plans." - John Lennon
    It just feels fucking weird and mildly uncomfortable that I'm on the same level of maturity as people who are several years younger than me, you know?

I could almost chalk it up to the "having a developmental disorder" bit, but most of my friends are ALSO autistic, so like, I don't even know
  • edited 2015-02-10 20:41:20

once you're in your 20s the gap between ages mentally speaking narrows a lot

the difference between 18 and 20 is massive, the difference between 22 and 24 not so much
  • It just feels fucking weird and mildly uncomfortable that I'm on the same level of maturity as people who are several years younger than me, you know?

I could almost chalk it up to the "having a developmental disorder" bit, but most of my friends are ALSO autistic, so like, I don't even know

I haven't changed much since I was 17 so it's not just you.

Hugs?
    "the difference between 18 and 20 is massive"

not really.

now, the difference between, say, 10 and 15 is big. The difference between 20 and 25, not so much. 30 and 35? Practically the same
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Imipolex G are you significantly more mature than I am? Do I get to be your peer at some point in my life? ^_^
    You can be my peer right now, just to flip the bird at that sadistic bitch Time.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    yay :)
    “Mandating that providers of VoIP service provide all customers with battery backup capability would impose an unnecessary and wasteful ‘battery tax’ on consumers,” the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) argued in a filing last week.
    Yes, because simply paying for the battery backup out of your profits instead of charging the customers extra for it is simply impossible.

Shit like this is why I hate for-profit entities on principle.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Uh-huh, which is why every Comcast Digital Voice install I've ever seen has one, and why every FiOS install has one. WE ARE PAYING FOR IT ANYWAY. TRY AGAIN.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Did I mention I really hate the NCTA these days? They're using the same tired excuses that Ma Bell did 50 years ago. :P
    WOW doesn't include the battery by default, but they do provide it free of charge upon request.
    Credits:

Bitstream Charter - Matthew Carter, 1987

Roboto 2014 - Christian Robertson, 2014

Comic Sans - Vincent Connare, 1994
    Evil
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-02-10 22:49:42
    Belinda Jenner
  • In 2002, Viacom traded CBS to Disney for ABC

Michael Eisner and Les Moonves subsequently had many public spats