The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I suppose I could do that, yeah
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Most of the people I know unfollowed or just don't talk to me anymore on Tumblr. It's sad.
    :/
    I've never been much of a Tumblr user until recently, so...
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i haven't been on tumblr in a while

when i quit hh for a time, i unfollowed pretty much everybody apart from a few people who had specifically said they wanted to stay in touch

somehow i never really got the hang of tumblr, though... i always felt kind of out of place there
    Also, it seems like anytime some new scientific news about global warming or such comes out, there's a whole bevy of idiots ready to say "it's a hoax, read this article" or "it's not as bad as they're saying, read this article", and the article almost always goes to some organization with connections to the oil industry or the Republican Party. It's disgusting.
    It makes me wonder sometimes if social media is making us...well, stupid isn't really the right word, but I guess "mean" would be. Inconsiderate of others, solipsistic, that sort of thing.
    we already were
    Hmm. :/
    that's a cliche answer, sorry

it's true though, before social media we were mean to each other on forums or imageboards instead

before that we were mean in person, though i believe the internet removes some of the filters we have in place irl
    Yeah, anonymity and lack of consequence have done a lot to make people meaner than they usually would be. 
    i do wonder though

people who are truly nice presumably don't stop being nice just because they can get away without
  • I think it's a combination of an ease of dropping one's filter and the fact that the internet tends to create an echo-chamber effect.

There are legitimately thousands of fuck-awful people who populate places like 8chan, but when you consider that there's billions of people in the world, that's a very small minority.

Most people use twitter and tumblr and facebook all in the same way, to talk about interests and post about their lives. It's easy to forget that.
  • "ƒ}ƒhƒcƒLEƒCƒ“Eƒƒ“ƒ_[ƒ‰ƒ“ƒh" is such a great song.
  • Man, who told Evangelion it could have such a good theme song

It's getting up there with "DAYS" from Eureka Seven and "Resonance" from Soul Eater, both of which are hype as hell

also I can't remember the name of it but the third theme from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood was rad too
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-01-17 04:39:28
    Man, who told Evangelion it could have such a good theme song

It's getting up there with "DAYS" from Eureka Seven and "Resonance" from Soul Eater, both of which are hype as hell

also I can't remember the name of it but the third theme from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood was rad too
  • as for the show itself I'm liking it thus far but I don't wanna form any final opinions on it yet because I'm only on episode 8 and I've heard that the second half is where shit gets real, so

-shrug-
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    in fucking New York, fucking Broadway, fucking revolving restaurant, fucking tired
  • Kaiba has the best opening theme
    back to the imageboards where i came from
    idk why i'm still awake but i'm not sleepy at all

i think i've gone nocturnal again
    Giles Gilbert Scott
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I honestly feel more welcome there than anywhere else.
    tumblr?

i feel most welcome here, i guess

i didn't feel exactly unwelcome on tumblr, just nervous and kind of out of place
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Pyridrym said:

in fucking New York, fucking Broadway, fucking revolving restaurant, fucking tired

you went to a revolving restaurant?
  • come into contact with the bovine

do so as soon as possible
  • edited 2015-01-17 06:34:05

"One needs to have a plan" someone said who was turned away into the shadows
    And who I had believed was sleeping or dead
    "Imagine" he said "all the flesh that is eaten
    The teeth tearing into it
    The tongue tasting it's savour
    And the hunger for that taste"
    "Now take away that flesh" he said
    "Take away the teeth and the tongue
    The taste and the hunger
    Take away everything as it is
    That was my plan
    My own special plan for this world"

I listened to these words and yet I did not wonder
    If this creature whom I had thought sleeping or dead would ever approach his vision
    Even in his deepest dreams
    Or his most lasting death
    Because I had heard of such plans such visions
    And I knew they did not see far enough
    But what was demanded in a way of a plan
    Needed to go beyond tongue and teeth and hunger and flesh
    Beyond the bones and the very dust of bones and the wind that would come to blow the dust away
    And so I began to envision a darkness that was long before the dark of night
    And a strangely shining light
    That owed nothing to the light of day

That day may seem like other days
    Once more we feel the tiny legged trepidations
    Once more we are mangled by a great grinding fear
    But that day will have no others after
    No more worlds like this will follow
    Because I have a plan
    A very special plan
    No more worlds like this
    No more days like that
    starting to feel a little sleepy now

alarm clock just rang

come into contact with the bovine

do so as soon as possible

Your mission is to rendezvous with the Bos and establish contact.  It is imperative that you do so immediately.
    mission approved
    maybe when the forum apparently goes dead, it's because there's a big party going on in the nsfw part of the forum
    usually not
    yes, there is physically impossible forum lust going on
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Thought: it is rather funny that people argue so much about what is, and isn't a game, given that Wittgenstein used "games" as his prime example of family resemblances.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I kind of want an Anonus doll

I kind of want an Anonus doll

Now I want a Twilight Zone episode about a guy who gets rich because of a doll that tells him what to buy and sell when you pull its string.
  • i wanna pounce william and wake him up and marathon s2 of twin peaks but i also want to let him sleep because i know he's been sleeping shittily all week. BEING A GOOD FINANCEE IS HARD MY FRIENDS.

i wanna pounce william and wake him up and marathon s2 of twin peaks but i also want to let him sleep because i know he's been sleeping shittily all week. BEING A GOOD FINANCEE IS HARD MY FRIENDS.

Word of warning: It gets bad after a major plot event in the eight episode. The final episode and the prequel movie are still good, and there's good in the bad that is the latter part of the second season, so it's worth forcing yourself through, especially given that there's gonna be more.
  • starring Tim Allen as Captain Kirk and Liam Neeson as Spock
  • when i made that post i forgot that Tim Allen was in Galaxy Quest, which makes that post less amusing unfortunately
  • Am I a bother
    No.

Not to me.
    It's impressive how much American Sniper is basically Stolz Der Nation
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    fuck it totally is
    In a shocking twist, Roko's basilisk was viral marketing for the weirdest episode of Big Bang Theory ever
  • Chris Kyle grew up in Texas, where his father raised him under a strict moral code. His father insisted that he should "be a sheepdog who protects others, not a sheep or a wolf." Kyle works briefly as a rodeo cowboy until he sees television coverage of the terrorist attacks on the U.S. embassies in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi. He immediately enlists to become a U.S. Navy SEAL.

Wow, that's pretty dang All-American of you