The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2015-01-05 22:38:39
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    yeah...

(this might not be helping, but maybe the H-B detractors aren't as common as I'd feared. The Huck/Quick Draw/Yogi trifecta has plenty of fans, and their profile has lowered over the last decade and a half thanks to relegation to the narrowly-distributed Boomerang)
  • edited 2015-01-05 22:42:25
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Man, this is why it's hard to talk on this site about certain things.  I just, well, kinda make myself sound stupid and end up not so much getting made fun of as tripping over my own shoelaces.

I mean, I know there are a lot of things that if I mention that they bother me, you guys would totally make a funny comment about it.

Blargh.

Anyways, blargh.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I can't even tie my shoes, so I wear slip-ons
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I just, well, don't like snark.

Which is why I try not to post things that would incite people to snark.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    my favorite things aren't snarked at so much as people just don't understand or care about them
    sometimes I worry that I'm too much of a mainstreamer
    you are not hipster enough
  • My cat is 8eing a poop. She 8it me.
  • also hi
    At least she didn't 8-bit you, then you'd be in NES land.
  • NES land could 8e interesting though depending on what game I was in.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What should Ellen Smithee have for dinner? Remember, she's NOT a magical princess at all, so unlimited sweets is right out.
    You could go to the Minus World!
  • like if I was in Mario.

Who am I kidding, if I was in SMB I'd totally get myself stuck in Minus World.
    called it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    At some point in 2013 I toyed with the idea of "Princess" being a separate species, distinct from humans. Princesses' bodies were made entirely of "concentrated purity" and their natural diet consisted entirely of sugar.

I kind of abandoned this at some point, because I worried it was too juvenile...
    (2015 self)
    HP4BH
  • The Burger King near the beau's house is inordinately good
  • Minus World amuses me more than it should.
    (2015 self)
    Do advertisements actually make you want to buy the product?
    naney said:

The Burger King near the beau's house is inordinately good

how is it inordinately good
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Anonus said:

sometimes I worry that I'm too much of a mainstreamer

i know the feeling

i thought you didn't like the mainstream though
    I sometimes have odd definitions of what "mainstream" is
    Aliroz said:

Do advertisements actually make you want to buy the product?

typically the opposite.
    mainstream is relative, certainly
  • depends on the ad and the product tbh
    Advertisements generally don't make me want to buy products, but they do make me aware of brands that i otherwise might not be, which i guess might lead to my buying a thing if i wasn't aware of any alternatives.  Though if the thing in question then turned out to be expensive, i'd certainly browse for cheaper alternatives first.

Now, special offers and reduced prices, they do a pretty good job convincing me to buy stuff i otherwise wouldn't, i admit that.
  • Another sleepless night begins

And I have Darude - Sandstorm stuck in my head.
  • uggggghhhhhhh why doesn't the school website know my accuplacer scores this is garbage
    I feel kinda bad for poking fun at the DIA "demon horse" now that I know its sculptor was killed in an accident while installing it. >_<

I feel kinda bad for poking fun at the DIA "demon horse" now that I know its sculptor was killed in an accident while installing it. >_<

when did you poke fun at it?

and yeah, the sculptor being killed by it fuels the belief that the Blue Mustang is cursed
  • At some point in 2013 I toyed with the idea of "Princess" being a separate species, distinct from humans. Princesses' bodies were made entirely of "concentrated purity" and their natural diet consisted entirely of sugar.

I kind of abandoned this at some point, because I worried it was too juvenile...

That's how witches work in Touhou. While humans can become witches, magicians and wizards and all witchy sorts, there are also those who are created as magicians
    Anonus said:

when did you poke fun at it?

and yeah, the sculptor being killed by it fuels the belief that the Blue Mustang is cursed
    I showed my family pictures of it on Christmas Eve and we all had a laugh at the creepy horse with glowing red eyes

At some point in 2013 I toyed with the idea of "Princess" being a separate species, distinct from humans. Princesses' bodies were made entirely of "concentrated purity" and their natural diet consisted entirely of sugar.

That's how witches work in Touhou. While humans can become witches, magicians and wizards and all witchy sorts, there are also those who are created as magicians
    ...so it wasn't entirely stupid? Should I go with it then?
  • I'm saying the idea has precedence. So, no, not entirely stupid.

I know nothing of Centralian royalty besides what I take from it, so whether you should shouldn't be my decision
    I have pizza
  • Forgot my house key lol, sitting outside the door.
  • You think Oreo will let me in?
    maybe

blue canary in the outlet by the lightswitch

who watches over you
    (2015 self)
    That's terrible, naney.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's real, I think. That's what makes it extra terrible. If hilariously so.
  • ah, 4chanman, the superhero no one needs, or deserves.
  • kill living beings
    yfw you forgot to activate your almonds
    (2015 self)

yfw you forgot to activate your almonds

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    the internet
    i guess they don't anticipate having to pay royalties for mentioning 4chan, whereas they would if they identified the character as V
    remember remember the fifth of november
    gunpowder treason and plot
    i see no reason why gunpowder treason
    should ever be forgot