The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I am the tr00 Patchouli
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ms. Teacherson
  • The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
    Mirror-universe Patchouli
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Man, I'd forgotten that Charlotte's cat was named "Morris Fuller Benton"
    owl
    The Amazing Maurice
    Crazy Old Maurice
  • edited 2014-11-30 19:02:36
    The Mysterious Ballerina and her Tree Stump Ghosts
  • I posted this in my thread already, but

Todd in the Shadows and the Tiny & Big promo account both faved tweets I made to them during my Twitter binge on Friday night

YNTKT
  • So for Theatre my teacher wants to see a filled out FAFSA form, a college application, a resume, a letter of reference, and some other stuff that no one I've asked knows about, in a portfolio.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANY OF THIS

I BARELY EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS

AND I HAVE TO WORK TONIGHT AND NEED IT IN BY TOMORROW

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
  • a FAFSA form is an application for financial aid.

I have no idea what interest that could be to a theater teacher.
  • well the reference is something somebody else has to do

why do you have to do all of this for theatre, are you performing a high concept performance art piece called 'All The Shitty Paperwork Of Applying For College Without Actually Applying For Or Subsequently Going To College'
  • Well, frig.

Resume's not that bad; just slap every job you've had with start/end times and a description into a word document. Letter of Reference, that requires asking a teacher who likes you to write a letter telling how good you are, and getting that in less than a day is difficult. FAFSA, well, that requires knowledge of your family's recent financial history. Basically, the last tax form your parents sent out.

Did she pop this on you over the weekend, because that is a jerk thing to do to a student
  • Because the class was being upgraded to give Honors credit but since we already do a shit ton of work that's basically all she could think to add.

I think it's valuable but my grades in math were shit so I had to work on math rather than watch the presentations given on how to actually do this stuff.
  • properly excited about writing this derridean analysis of alice oswald
  • edited 2014-11-30 19:37:37
    Also how the fuck do I do a portfolio, and how do I sell myself in a resume? I doubt I could pull the Brilliant But Lazy card (my grades are shit) and the only things I've done otherwise are work at Sonic and make a short film that, while I'm proud of it, received precisely zero formal recognition.
  • i don't listen to AJJ as much as i used to cuz of all of the mad corny tumblr teens who are all over them

naney confirmed for hipster scum
  • do a skills based resume which doesnt require a shit ton of work experience but where you can talk about all the organisational/creative skills involved in making a film, your other extracurricular activities etc etc
  • Kexruct said:

Also how the fuck do I do a portfolio, and how do I sell myself in a resume? I doubt I could pull the Brilliant But Lazy card (my grades are shit) and the only things I've done otherwise are work at Sonic and make a short film that, while I'm proud of it, received precisely zero formal recognition.

That's really all you need to put on it.

Resumes are rarely large until you're much older. Mine just has my job at Wegman's and my music output on it.
  • sunn wolf said:

do a skills based resume which doesnt require a shit ton of work experience but where you can talk about all the organisational/creative skills involved in making a film, your other extracurricular activities etc etc

This is really helpful, actually, thanks! But my extracurricular activities consist entirely of theatre.
  • Kexruct said:

Because the class was being upgraded to give Honors credit but since we already do a shit ton of work that's basically all she could think to add.

tell your teacher that its stupid to tack a fake college application onto a course as pointless busy work just because she needed to be seen to be giving you more work
  • I'm also surprised that she's making your bring in a FAFSA form

That mess is usually online now. 
    naney said:

i don't listen to AJJ as much as i used to cuz of all of the mad corny tumblr teens who are all over them

naney confirmed for hipster scum

Man, where were they when I was on Tumblr?
  • Kexruct said:

sunn wolf said:

do a skills based resume which doesnt require a shit ton of work experience but where you can talk about all the organisational/creative skills involved in making a film, your other extracurricular activities etc etc

This is really helpful, actually, thanks! But my extracurricular activities consist entirely of theatre.
    theatre requires a lot of skills especially interpersonal, teamwork, creativity, man just write what you learned out of it that this Mystery Fake College And/Or Employer might like
  • naney said:

mad corny tumblr teens

i circumvent this problem by Not Following Tumblr Teens for the mostpart
  • Mystery Fake College

my alma mater
  • sunn wolf said:

Kexruct said:

Because the class was being upgraded to give Honors credit but since we already do a shit ton of work that's basically all she could think to add.

tell your teacher that its stupid to tack a fake college application onto a course as pointless busy work just because she needed to be seen to be giving you more work
    Well, not necessarily fake; more like a fake application to a real college.
    we built this township on rock and roll
  • Also my teacher is stubborn as hell which is okay for teaching high schoolers but maybe not great for directing
    For some reason i mostly haven't liked Ozy and Millie comics, but that one amuses me.
  • Maurice, Maeter, Linck, and Maurice Maeterlinck
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

somewhere Amy Pascal reads this and nods to herself, feeling herself to have done well by keeping Sony Pictures in The Adam Sandler Business™
  • UUUUUUUUUUUUUUOSHF FUCK

I'M ALREADY STRESSED I DON'T NEED TO BE TOLD THAT I'M A FAILURE FOR HAVING A DIRTY ROOM

I'M HAVING AN EPISODE FUCKING GREAT
  • I hate my mother so much
  • if it makes you feel any better I'm not getting paid for the 3 hours of snow shoveling I did the other day.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    *offers hugs*
    I'm bored and I feel fucking weird
    New Central Avenue persona: Trisha Twintails, the childish guitar-playing scientist who hosts a children's edutainment show on Centralia Broadcasting Network

how fucking weird
    paps
    Anonus said:

how fucking weird
    like OMG MY BREAK IS ENDING weird, I guess
    understandable
    Anonus plays the Sonic

Listen to the radio

Don't you remember?

We built this city on loopiness!