The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• But seriously, that was one of my favourite bits along with anything with the Dead Men of Dunharrow.

Yeah, that was pretty great.
  • edited 2014-09-20 02:34:32
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    A widely quoted study by Thomas Jones and W. Earl Sasser Jr links levels of customer satisfaction with customer behaviour and identifies several types of customers:

• completely satisfied customers, who are either ‘loyalists’ (who keep purchasing) or ‘apostles’ (whose experiences exceed their expectations and who provide very positive word-of-mouth about the company to others)
    • ‘defectors’, who feel neutral or merely satisfied and are likely to stop doing business with the company"
    • consumer ‘terrorists’, who have had negative experiences with the company and who spread negative word-of-mouth
    • ‘hostages’, who are unhappy customers who stay with the company because of a monopolistic environment or low prices, and who are difficult and costly to deal with because of their frequent complaints
    • ‘mercenaries’, who are very satisfied customers but have no real loyalty to the company and may defect because of a lower price elsewhere or on impulse, defying the satisfaction–loyalty rationale.
    The researchers propose that companies should strive to create apostles, raise the satisfaction of defectors and turn them into loyalists, avoid having terrorists or hostages, and reduce the number of mercenaries.

Whenever possible, live the life of a consumer mercenary. You owe no-one your wallet's loyalty. And you certainly don't owe these fuckers anything.
  • kill living beings
    consumer terrorists
  • satisfaction loyalty makes sense

i mean, if you were satisfied one time you'll prolly be satisfied again, it's a known quantity
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the unholy stench of the manticore
  • edited 2014-09-20 02:46:37
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    @ Crackers and his quote:

I dunno man, Subset Games is pretty rad in my honest opinion.
  • kill living beings
    me, i'm an ironic war criminal
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Sure, if you're satisfied, keep going. But the moment you aren't, drop those fuckers like it was a hot potato that rocketed from the heart of the earth and into your hands. And then tell your friends. Fuck those people because they shouldn't have power over you.

I'm not even talking about like artistic mediums like games or movies or whatever; those things are weird. I'm talking about consumer products.
  • edited 2014-09-20 02:51:44
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oh, oops. Well then, sure.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I switch shampoos anytime I want
  • ULTRA-RAD HACKER REFUGEE FROM THE FUTURE
    "You're a magical girl yourself shouldn't you be rooting for the protagonists" how boring are u for real
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    fuck they need to stop making these direct-to-video Tom and Jerry movies
    My sig needs to display a random Nicki Minaj lyric every time the page loads tbh
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    pink wig thick ass give 'em whiplash
    i think big, get cash, make 'em blink fast
    now look at what you just saw 
    this is what you live for
    AAAAAAAAAAA
    I'M A MOTHERFUCKIN' MONSTER
    LET'S GET WASTED
  • insufficient force
  • such awful joy

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBS!!!
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    What show is this, even?
  • Happinesscharge Pretty Cure

seems like, super not your thing, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Precure isn't really my thing, no. Setting aside the fact that there are, like, fifty bajillion of them.
    I'm super into magical girls and girls with magic powers in general, but for some reason Pretty Cure has never caught my attention. The fact that the only other person I like besides you that likes Pretty Cure is also a MEGA Frozen fan that ships Anna/Elsa doesn't help.
    Joyeux said:

I'm super into magical girls and girls with magic powers in general, but for some reason Pretty Cure has never caught my attention. The fact that the only other person I like besides you that likes Pretty Cure is also a MEGA Frozen fan that ships Anna/Elsa doesn't help.

Glenn likes Precure, but Glenn freely admits that he has quirky taste.
  • marx's aggressive economic determinism puts me off a lot

and his theory of alienation strikes me as, to be blunt, pretty fucking dumb
  • edited 2014-09-20 05:36:11
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ Blue hair, thug life.

^ I forget what the theory of alienation is.
    Oh god, the phased hi-hats on this song are glorious, even if the song as a whole is too silly to function.
    Silly, but really fun, and this monologue is just... what on earth, James? Learning about your neighbourhood, indeed.
  • im too tired to talk about this further so like here's wikipedia and the problem i have with it is the way it treats labor like one of the key components of a person's life
    ADVANTAGES TO BOTH!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Do you know where your children are?

I'm pretty sure that WNEW/WNYW in New York City making an institution of that is the reason it's permeated into pop culture - it was never a thing in Denver, at least.

I'm a MEGA Hanna-Barbera fan who headcanons Huckleberry Hound to have become a grumpy old dog by now - how unusual is that?
  • just like this is a way of looking at the world is completely indecipherable to me
  • Precure isn't really my thing, no. Setting aside the fact that there are, like, fifty bajillion of them.

I think there's 10 (one every year since the franchise's inception in 2004).
    Joyeux said:

well currently I only like this particular Pretty Cure.

I tried watching the first and it was just....like way too 90s for me? Which is weird because it was made in 2004.
    naney said:

marx's aggressive economic determinism puts me off a lot

and his theory of alienation strikes me as, to be blunt, pretty fucking dumb

• like i can't really even argue whether it's right or wrong i just read it and go ?????????????????
  • reasons I like this particular Pretty Cure
    • over the top enough that it's funny without seeming like it's trying too hard
    • Cure Lovely's definition of spreading love is punching everyone with fire
    • Blue, the obligatory mentor guy, looks like a Nudist Beach sleeper agent
    • SHIIIIIIIIIIINE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR
    naney said:

im too tired to talk about this further so like here's wikipedia and the problem i have with it is the way it treats labor like one of the key components of a person's life

Huh.

I'd say it sort of works with stuff like racism and maybe class stratification in a general sense, but the problem with the whole theory as applied to labour is it kind of eats itself after a while: The division of labour is as unnatural as the stratification of labour, which is as unnatural as the notion of labour as unconnected to the notion of survival. All labour that is not directly tied to survival or, ironically, the alleviation of boredom is intrinsically alien to "human nature."

So... fuck working, eat berries and paint your cairn?
  • edited 2014-09-20 05:49:13
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    But yeah, it's one of those aspects of classical Marxism that makes much better sense out of its original context than in it because it's framed in a really dated, weird way and treats human interaction in a very stereotyped way that doesn't quite work in reality.
  • can we merge our two lines of conversation and talk about the untapped potential of a Marxist Magical Girl?
  • nah man like

there's this emphasis on PEOPLE NEED TO FEEL LIKE THEY ARE MAKING USEFUL THINGS OR ELSE THEIR LIVES WILL HAVE NO PURPOSE

like, people aren't their jobs dude

and like, job satisfaction has a lot more to do with how your coworkers are than to do with what you're actually doing
    only if she fights with a hammer and sickle
    That would actually be a kind of cool, funny premise for a show or comic or something.
  • Joyeux said:

only if she fights with a hammer and sickle

yes

and a pocketsized copy of Kommunist Manifesto is her phylactery.

FIGHTING CAPITALISM WITH THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE

MAGICAL MARXIST KARLA-SAN!

• naney said:

nah man like

there's this emphasis on PEOPLE NEED TO FEEL LIKE THEY ARE MAKING USEFUL THINGS OR ELSE THEIR LIVES WILL HAVE NO PURPOSE

and like, job satisfaction has a lot more to do with how your coworkers are than to do with what you're actually doing

I'd argue that the underlying idea of "if people enjoy their jobs their lives will be better, if they don't their lives will be shittier" is sound, though.
  • i feel like im staring at an alien brain or something
  • naney said:

nah man like

I'd argue that the underlying idea of "if people enjoy their jobs their lives will be better, if they don't their lives will be shittier" is sound, though.
    but that's not the underlying point

the underlying point is that if people aren't determining where and how their labor is used they will become innately miserable

at least i'm having a hard time finding another way to read it
  • naney said:

i feel like im staring at an alien brain or something

perhaps you are a passenger on a ruse cruise
    naney said:

naney said:

nah man like

but that's not the underlying point

the underlying point is that if people aren't determining where and how their labor is used they will become innately miserable

at least i'm having a hard time finding another way to read it
    Even that doesn't seem that strange to me.

Extreme? Absolutely, but if he's talking an ideal world scenario extreme isn't that unusual.

also, Magical Marxist Karla-san has been relegated to a page bottom. RIP in peace