The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• (*traps Od in a DODECAHEDRON OF UTMOST PERIL 12ever*)
  • kill living beings
    dust storm
  • edited 2014-08-04 23:08:53
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    naney said:

(*traps Od in a DODECAHEDRON OF UTMOST PERIL 12ever*)

-picks up my things

I shall either save Odra or die trying.

Yells to sky, "WAIT FOR ME, ODRA!  DON'T WORRY"

Next on Heapers Hangout, the hot-blooded anme...
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    naney said:

You are trapped in an elevator with Nassim Taleb and Friedrich Hayek. You have one bullet.

How fast do you shoot yourself?
  • edited 2014-08-04 23:13:17
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

naney said:

You are trapped in an elevator with Nassim Taleb and Friedrich Hayek. You have one bullet.

Use all your strength to break a hole in the floor, escape.

(you never said I had a gun...)
    Cast foot, iron claw
    Neurosurgeon, scream for more
    Innocence raped with napalm fire
    Everything I want, I really need.
    -Fragment, believed to refer to math nerds
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Math nerds are to Odradek what Almond Ice Cream is to me.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

naney said:

While his ideas about economics were terribly misguided and cringe-worthy, Hayek's ideas about uncertainty were interesting and his disgust at all forms of planned economics are at least consistent. Taleb is a trickier subject, but he makes some interesting arguments, so I'll give him the barest benefit of a doubt.

We all play cards until the elevator starts moving. If all else fails, we climb out the safety hatch, find a payphone and get Popper to pick us up and bring some burgers.
  • that old "you have one bullet" canard ignores the fact that you could knock two people unconscious, lay them atop one another and shoot them both.

provided you had a handgun of with enough stopping power

Man, Myr, did you even give Sred a gun?

So you have discovered the flaw in my plan, Mr. Bond
    Odradek said:

Cast foot, iron claw
    Neurosurgeon, scream for more
    Innocence raped with napalm fire
    Everything I want, I really need.

-Fragment, believed to refer to math nerds
  • Kexruct said:

In

credible
    MFA CIRCLEJERK GOING VIRAL BREAK OUT THE CDBs GOING WORLDWIDE MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Okay but do you know who that is

WHAT DO I PAIR WITH THESE BOOTS, ALL I HAVE IS AN OCBD AND SOME OLIVE CHINOS!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?
  • WHAT SHOULD I WEAR WITH MY UNIQLO?

I THINK YOU SHOULD TRY SOME MORE UNIQLO
    naney said:

that old "you have one bullet" canard ignores the fact that you could knock two people unconscious, lay them atop one another and shoot them both.

That Phoenix Wright case that hinged on no one pointing out that an eight year old couldn't shoot the gun because it was such a high caliber that according to the game, a grown man could break his arm with it was dumb.
  • AND GEOBASKETS
  • Odradek said:

naney said:

that old "you have one bullet" canard ignores the fact that you could knock two people unconscious, lay them atop one another and shoot them both.

That Phoenix Wright case that hinged on no one pointing out that an eight year old couldn't shoot the gun because it was such a high caliber that according to the game, a grown man could break his arm with it was dumb.
    The prosecution claimed it was because the boy threw the gun and it proceeded to misfire.

Odradek said:

naney said:

The prosecution claimed it was because the boy threw the gun and it proceeded to misfire.
    Still dumb.
    And I find it kind of funny
    I find it kind of sad
    That the dreams with math nerds dying
    Are the best I've ever had.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    My dad was a math nerd
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Urge to wordfilter "math nerd" rising...

My dad was a math nerd

:(
    Yeah I think I've stretched this far enough today.
    He was rather considerate for a math nerd, though
    No chance he would've supported antinatalism
    The term math nerds is not descriptive and is misleading.

I will now use unaffiliated insight junky smartiepants club to refer to the only group deserving of mass murder
  • intellect failure
  • edited 2014-08-05 00:21:24
    (2015 self)

Urge to wordfilter "math nerd" rising...

It's your forum, Central.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
  • kill living beings
    sure. it'll be over irc. you can make an account on that wiki if you want to edit anything, or maybe anonymous edits are allowed i forget.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm watching a Lupa review, and she just used "Duel of the Fates" from The Phantom Menace as BGM over a scene. I'm thinking "Good jorb ripping off Verdi, John :P"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    People on Tumblr kept mentioning something going on with "the JonTron fandom"

What's that all about?
    I think it amounts to him using the word "retarded" in an inappropriate way and people getting miffed for good and bad reasons.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    That's the long and short of it, essentially. Jon Jafari being a dude that makes video game videos, is known for being tasteless, and said some particularly dumb things recently. I'm pretty sure that covers virtually everything of importance.
  • Used the r-word, defended it with a disdain for "political incorrectness."

It's sad because a good deal of his popularity was based off of how likable the guy was. I dislike what he said and HATE the reasoning for it, but I disagree with the idea of condemning him unilaterally on general principal. 
  • I'm not gonna play it off as "just saying a bad word" because clearly his reasoning for it was pretty horrible. There will be more bad things to come from him, and they will all come from that unfortunate place.

And it sucks because like I said, he is still an immensely likable guy.
  • edited 2014-08-05 01:21:41

Kexruct said:

I'm not gonna play it off as "just saying a bad word" because clearly his reasoning for it was pretty horrible. There will be more bad things to come from him, and they will all come from that unfortunate place.

And it sucks because like I said, he is still an immensely likable guy.
    Sentiments like this are exactly where the phrase "check your privilege" is appropriate for application.
  • kill living beings
    today i found a chat log from 2011 in which i called something (myself) "retarded", it was weird
  • edited 2014-08-05 01:25:10
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ Granted, with better wording than "check your privilege," but this is absolutely true.
  • because like you are in a privaleged enough position to be able to overlook those sorts of statements when determining whether or not someone is, in fact, "immensely likeable"
  • not saying that your judgement is valid/invalid, just keep in mind that other people can't really disregard those sorts of things because they are much more serious and personal to them.
  • Grah, it's so annoying to me. I hate being vindictive towards individuals. But it's just about the worst reasoning to say something like that, and I want it to go away because I'm scared that he will go the way of funny-comedian-turned-Fox-News-fixture (though obviously not to that degree because INTERNET FAME I'm tired and this is incoherent sorry) but that kind of thing never just goes away.
  • edited 2014-08-05 01:28:50
    kill living beings
    thankfully his initial response to the 'retarded' thing was so straight up asinine my privilege can remain unchecked

i mean i don't know a thing about this guy but it was just a super assholish thing to say is all