The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Every post I do in this forum is either thin hair chinman, inmu or baneposting
  • destroy the world

but that's where all the french fries are
  • edited 2014-06-03 22:05:33
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

sure, why not

Because

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    And

• edited 2014-06-03 22:10:42
    (2015 self)
    Also
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I will always wonder why I had to be born an American male and not a Candadian female

What did I do to deserve this? :\
  • edited 2014-06-03 22:19:25
    (2015 self)

I will always wonder why I had to be born an American male and not a Candadian female

What did I do to deserve this? :\

You get to live one plane ride away from this:

ONE PLANE RIDE.

AND YOU WANT TO LIVE IN FLAT, FEATURELESS ENGLAND?!!
  • there are things in england that are roughly that cool js
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Horsey!

Also, lolol "Candadian", I can't word today
  • Horsey!

It's a "canadian rustic pony" :3
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

there are things in england that are roughly that cool js

BWAHAHAHAAHAAAA

YOU AMUSE ME.
  • edited 2014-06-03 22:22:25
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

there are things in england that are roughly that cool js

Well, yeah. And the British Isles are not flat at all.

Although in fairness, there is really nowhere else on earth like that part of Utah. It is literally geologically unique. Messiaen used it as the inspiration for one of his last great orchestral pieces, From the Canyons to the Stars...
    Bill Watterson based the fantasy planets in Calvin and Hobbes closely on that part of Utah, as well...
    Whereas "real life" in Calvin and Hobbes was depicted as some of the more heavily wooded parts of rural Ohio...
  • son of Baconator

good sandvich
  • edited 2014-06-03 22:32:12
    (2015 self)
    Nothing, nothing, stirs my soul quite like that part of Utah.
  • nothing stirs my soul like a good reheated Wendy's meal
    Aliroz said:

I love this photo in particular because the inclusion of the highway gives me a sense of scale that I don't really have with the pictures of the landforms alone

Makes it that much more impressive because it shows me how massive they really are
  • edited 2014-06-03 22:37:30
    (2015 self)
    Here's some scale.
    Also impressive.
  • edited 2014-06-03 22:40:20
    (2015 self)
    There are tens of thousands of those balanced rocks.  Hudreds of millions of years old.  Some predate the Archosaurs (Common ancestor of Crocodilians, dinosaurs, pterosaurs, and birds).

Some are "only" as old as the Jurassic.  Some have fossils...
    I love Anonus's voice
  • edited 2014-06-03 22:42:52
    (2015 self)

I love Anonus's voice

Oh, also, Anonus lives in Colorado, which borders Utah.  In fact, the south part of Colorado borders that part of Utah.

Lemme tellya, Bryce Canyon would make an awesome date.

Sorry, I just love that part of Utah so much.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    wristwatch

wristwatch

It's like a wedding ring for Time.
    that thing would make me incredibly paranoid
  • I find the mere concept of such a thing vaguely upsetting.
    I get what they're going for--it's supposed to be "carpe diem" in gadget form--but something about it is kind of unpleasant to me.
  • i just think it's fucking ugly.

how could you face your life with the estimated moment of your death attached to your wrist in the form of a cheap looking plastic watch
  • edited 2014-06-03 23:15:47

it's like having a shrill midi rendition of "525,600 Minutes" playing around you at all times.
  • edited 2014-06-03 23:17:05
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Actually, the way that they explain it, I'm down with that... although it might make me a bit paranoid sometimes.

^^ That's true.

it's like having a shrill midi rendition of "525,600 Minutes" playing around you at all times.

it's playing in my head now, thanks a lot
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    My first thought on seeing that number was "I wonder what I'll get if I divide that by 86,400...which is actually the number of seconds in a day, but hey"
    I don't have a first thought upon seeing that number

I just start hearing piano chords
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

I don't have a first thought upon seeing that number

I just start hearing piano chords
    Yeah, this.

And particularly two lines from toward the end of the song.
  • edited 2014-06-03 23:30:22

mostly i remember my middle school choir's rendition of the song
    Our high school choir sang it in my freshman year.
  • i've never actually seen the musical tbh
    I don't think I've ever heard that song

We can leave it that way, thanks
    I saw a small local production of the musical, but I haven't seen, like, Broadway-quality anything

And I've seen the movie, naturally
    Central Avenue (platonically) ♥ Idina Menzel
  • i'd really like to see a pro production of Othello

or maybe Macbeth

those are my fave
    I've heard a good chunk of the Broadway cast version and seen the film. I blame my sister.

The cast version is better, but it's not really my cup of tea either way. It's quite well done for what it is, but I'm not a huge fan of rock musicals, or modern (90's onward) musicals in general. That said, "La Vie Boheme" is so damn campy that it's hard to hate and "Without You" (which we also had to sing) has some very pretty vocal harmonies.

i'd really like to see a pro production of Othello

or maybe Macbeth

those are my fave
    Macbeth is great.

This is sort of controversial, but I love how Roman Polanski's film version kept the silent "dark" ending that concluded a lot of early productions but is usually left out.
    tomorrow

and tomorrow

and tomorrow

• This sounds really late night Animal Crossing-y. I'm listening to it right now and it's making me melancholy, oh no
    The Principality of Centralia needs a pretentious-sounding Latin motto

Preferably one that involves laughter or something

i'd really like to see a pro production of Othello

or maybe Macbeth

those are my fave
    Macbeth is great.

This is sort of controversial, but I love how Roman Polanski's film version kept the silent "dark" ending that concluded a lot of early productions but is usually left out.
    Didn't want this to languish at the page bottom given the potential for interesting responses...