The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
  • Yahtzee is way too negative. I don't think I could ever enjoy his videos.
  • edited 2013-08-08 16:59:31
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Kexruct said:

Yahtzee is way too negative. I don't think I could ever enjoy his videos.

Agreed.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm playing with one of the Firefox "UX" nightlies

It's interesting how nice it renders type...just a reminder of how suckish Chrome's type rendering is on Windows
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Bleh, they used the wrong sign again.

It's obvious they intend for you to be able to drive to the businesses (like that McDonald's), so it should say "ROAD CLOSED, LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY", not just "ROAD CLOSED"...technically, if it just says "ROAD CLOSED" it's illegal to drive past it...
    Hahaha at the other end they put a concrete barrier across the road

I'll bet they had to do that to keep people from moving the barricades

You'd be surprised at how many people just straight-up disobey road closures
    Allison walked over to the table where Sharon was sitting and picked up a large plastic water bottle from the table next to her. "Nice water bottle," Allison said. "Where did you say you filled it up, again?"

"I told you," Sharon said matter-of-factly. "I came up here to the lobby and filled my bottle from the drinking fountain."

"Oh, you mean this drinking fountain?" Allison walked over to the fountain and tapped the pushbutton on the front three times. No water came out.

"That's the one, yes. It was working fine a couple hours ago. Something must have happened to it."

"Oh, it broke today? That's unfortunate." Allison pulled a white tissue out of her pocket and rubbed it on the bowl of the fountain for a moment before holding it upfor us to see. The tissue was filthy. "Hmm, this fountain sure accumulated a lot of dust in just two hours, wouldn't you say?"
  • edited 2013-08-08 18:23:24
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Allison.
  • edited 2013-08-08 18:30:47
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Crystal said:

Allison.

• gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gim gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo me yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo gimme yo attention baby
  • I don't know why I think overly long posts are funny.
    "Ok, fine," Sharon said. "I came up here to fill my water bottle, but I found out the fountain was broken, so I filled it somewhere else. Happy now?"

"Then why did you say you filled it up here?"

"I misremembered, that's all."

"You misremembered something from two hours ago?"

"Yes. It's not like I was paying that much attention, it's just some stupid water."

Allison began pacing the lobby. "Funny, you were in the computer lab all afternoon."

"So? What does that have to do with anything?"

"Well, right at the other end of the downstairs hallway there's a restroom with a water fountain outside. So why would you come upstairs to use this one?"

"It just seemed more convenient at the time."

"Bullshit!" Allison said, pointing at Sharon. "I think I know what really happened. You did come up here, all right, but not to go to the water fountain. No, you came up here to do something else. But someone saw you, so you had to come up with some excuse to be here. So you went over to that water fountain and pretended to fill your bottle, which you'd already filled from the fountain downstairs."

Sharon glared silently at Allison for what seemed like ages.

"This is nonsense anyway, you know," Sharon said at last. "That was two hours ago. I could have filled my water up at any time since then."

"You could have, but you didn't." Allison said calmly.

"And how would you know?"

"Because, Sharon." Allison handed her back the water bottle. "Dana and I haven't let you out of our sight the entire time."
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    What are you saying Central Avenue.
    I'm not even sure anymore

I just felt like typing this stuff for some reason
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oh okay, I had that idea but was too lazy to search your stuff to check.
    Heh, I can't blame you; I do have other recurrent nonsense things like the Amazon.com and The Insufferable Jackass posts...

In this case, though, I'm not even sure what it is that Allison is accusing Sharon of
  • i think the issue is:

the robot army
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    The only decent thing William The Conqueror ever did was put a screeching halt to the practice of slavery in England.
    (2015 self)

It would have to be a big praying mantis.

Or a tiny little Goebbl-NOPE.

WE'RE SORRY, THE ROZ-BOT 3333 HAS CRASHED DUE TO INABILITY TO FORCE SELF TO MAKE THAT JOKE.  IF YOU WERE WORKING ON SOMETHING, THE INFORMATION IS DEFINITELY LOST.

PLEASE RESTART YOUR ALIROZ.
  • Aliroz said:

The only decent thing William The Conqueror ever did was put a screeching halt to the practice of slavery in England.

next you'll be insulting Willem van Oranje! |:|
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

People
    People II: Reckoning
    People II: People Harder
    People II: The Unexpected Journey
    People II: Episode 2
    People IV

I recognise what you decided to do there, but the fact that you started with an Andrew Jackson Jihad reference makes me very, very happy.
    They took out the traffic signals but for some reason left the "NO TURN ON RED" sign

(AFIAK there's no "official" way to get to old Street View imagery, but I've found if I cheat by clicking links I posted before the last update, it'll let me continue to browse the old images.)
    (2015 self)
    Mo' said:

Aliroz said:

next you'll be insulting Willem van Oranje! |:|
    Nah, silent people are awesome.

Does Aliroz even have a reset button

Nope, unless you count brain dama-nope

WE'RE SORRY, YOUR ALIROZ HAS CRASHED DUE TO AN INABILITY TO FORCE SELF TO MAKE THAT JOKE.  IF YOU WERE WORKING ON SOMETHING, THE INFORMATION IS DEFINITELY LOST.

PLEASE RESTART YOUR ALIROZ.
    (2015 self)

This should be the image macro for anything involving not being ready/ being unprepared/ being the absolute wrong person for the job.
    Aliroz said:image

This should be the image macro for anything involving not being ready/ being unprepared/ being the absolute wrong person for the job.

While the pejorative
    unræd is the linguistic precursor to "unready" and "unread," in context it means something closer to "advised poorly." Æthelræd's counsel was uncooperative and power-hungry and did basically everything that they could to screw with him in order to obtain more power, and unfortunately he had few others to turn to.
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

While the pejorative unræd is the linguistic precursor to "unready" and "unread," in context it means something closer to "advised poorly." Æthelræd's counsel was uncooperative and power-hungry and did basically everything that they could to screw with him in order to obtain more power, and unfortunately he had few others to turn to.

Ah, poo.

Unræd can also mean "Did not listen to advice".

Mostly, his counsel was DEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD -slaps Robin-

I mean, all the old guard who had lead England since the 930's suddenly died in the course of a year or three; all the competent people died, the Daniel Websters, Henry Clays, Harold Godwinson, Godwin Wulfnothcilds, all the competent people were dead, leaving only the power-hungry.
    True point. Lots of dead peeps.
    Bleh

I feel weird

I have creative energy but it's misplaced
  • Pimono Kants.

How so?
  • So my mother is doing that thing where she preemptively punishes me for what I might do during the school year. Great start we're off to.

How so?
    Well, it sounds silly, but...I want to tackle some sort of road engineering project

I want to take some inadequate street or highway and figure out how to improve it

But I can't do that, for obvious reasons
    (2015 self)
    I mean, "I'm not ready" is a common enough thing that we need a historical macro for it, but "all the wise guys who help me deceased" is not common.
  • Aliroz said:

While the pejorative unræd is the linguistic precursor to "unready" and "unread," in context it means something closer to "advised poorly." Æthelræd's counsel was uncooperative and power-hungry and did basically everything that they could to screw with him in order to obtain more power, and unfortunately he had few others to turn to.

There's lots of weird, pseudo nicknames like that.

Harald "Hardrade"'s nickname has been translated as everything from "Harald Hardruler" (awesome) to "Harald Sterncouncil" (less awesome).
  • edited 2013-08-08 21:09:04
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

So my mother is doing that thing where she preemptively punishes me for what I might do during the school year. Great start we're off to.

Seriously, Tucker, get that recorder. Also, do you have any non-awful relatives you could spend your days with instead of your mom?

(2015 self)

Then, be the memetic gator that you want to see in the world

Can I make this my sig-nature?
  • Not really.

Taking away my Xbox and limiting my use of my phone and the family computer isn't exactly abusive, but it is very annoying and, more importantly, isn't at all helpful.