The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Funny animation. Now, this is a sign I dislike.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    number of buses in gensokyo
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This is gonna be one of those days where I stay awake until some obscene time then fall asleep

I know it
    Weird, you didn't bring up me hating that sign. So can I just say I really, really dislike going to big places for tourism?

And hello there Alice.
    number of paper towels in gensokyo
  • Yellow button
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hi Crystal.
    Crystal said:

Weird, you didn't bring up me hating that sign. So can I just say I really, really dislike going to big places for tourism?

And hello there Alice.
    Whoops, I'd meant to respond to that, but I got sidetracked. I'm sorry. >_<

Anyway, the one thing I like about tourist signs is that they're almost always brown, so they're easy to ignore if you know you're uninterested in anything touristy.
    number of octopus launches in gensokyo
    Haha, it's cool. And yeah, that's something I never actually paid attention to, but that's pretty nice.
    number of black sabbath tribute bands in gensokyo
    a half?
  • half of the time they're a black sabbath tribute band

the rest of the time they're a def leppard tribute band
    I actually have an amusing anecdote about those signs: ODOT evidently couldn't decide whether or not Muirfield Village Golf Club counts as a tourist attraction or not.

Originally they'd posted "Muirfield, next right" signs on I-270, but they were green, like "general" freeway guide signs. When they widened the road a few years later, they added brown "tourist" signs for Muirfield...but didn't remove the existing green ones.
    Heh, smooth. How would it count as a tourist attraction anyway, is it pretty popular?
    Well it's only really notable because they hold the Memorial Tournament there every year, and that seems to be a pretty big thing. (I guess? I dunno, I don't know golf, but anything that brings Tiger Woods to town seems like a big deal.)
    Something I always found amusing: Emerald Parkway was never extended east of Riverside Drive, but traffic signals were installed for it anyway.
    harvester of eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes
    I see, well that would explain it. I don't care much for golf, tend to avoid stuff about it actually.

I'm playing around with Google Maps, and I can see why you like it, Central Avenue.
    Hee hee
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Buses are cool.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    danes
    I haven't ridden a bus since like March

It's kind of fun, admittedly...I should probably go since I have a bunch of bus passes I haven't used yet >_>
    Probably.
    The Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation sends me a bus pass every month, despite me telling them that I have a car and a license and thus don't need their bus passes. I would feel guilty about continuing to accept them since they're paid for with taxpayer dollars, but...I did my part, it's not my fault they keep sending them anyway.

It occurred to me a couple days ago that I probably shouldn't keep them all in my wallet at the same time, since it might look like I'm trying to sell them if the cops ever looked through my wallet for any reason...
    number of swedes in gensokyo
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

number of swedes in gensokyo

The number is:

Wilford Brimley.
    Probably not the safest thing, no. Maybe make a pretty stack someone and use a certain amount per day or week?
  • So my mother is still very very angry at me about my breakdown the other day.

Y'know, you'd think something like that would be a punishment in and of itself but apparently not.
    The thing is, they're 31-day passes, but the 31 days only starts when you "activate" one by using it for the first time. So, like, I have like 4 months worth of passes here, but I don't really have any reason or opportunity to use a bus... :\

(To compound matters, there aren't any stops near my house, so I'd have to drive 10 minutes to the Park & Ride)
    What, angry how?

And your family could use them too, and/or give them away to all of your friends.
    I hadn't thought of that somehow

I wonder if my brother would want one, provided he could get a ride to somewhere with a bus stop
  • edited 2013-08-07 16:59:24
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I come up with the best ideas. More seriously, cool, hopefully he does.
    Thanks ^_^
  • Crystal said:

What, angry how?

Well, she won't let me use my phone or the computer and she took the Xbox out of my room (she's not home right now, so that's how I'm currently on the internet.), and she barely even talks to me unless she's in some way criticizing me.

I ought to record some of the stuff she says when she's mad at me. The other day she asked me why I haven't killed myself yet.
  • edited 2013-08-07 17:16:26
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

I ought to record some of the stuff she says when she's mad at me. The other day she asked me why I haven't killed myself yet.
    I don't even have words for this (your mom said that?!).  That's, that's terrible.  It's awful, abhorrent, it's just, it's just, aslg;aiojaeads;likgjasdrgaokhil;arloik;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What the heck!

-angry ALLCAPS huge text incoherent rant expunged-

How soon can you get away from such things.

I mean, I know people say awful things when they're in a rage, but from what you've said, this is not unusual.  Saying that kind of things is beyond the pale.

You do realize that you have absolutely no obligation to put up with that, that you do not at all deserve to be treated that way, right?  That legitimately constitutes abuse.

Yeah, get a recorder, and use it.
  • Kexruct said:

o_o
  • I think Rayman is a pretty cool guy. Eh has no lmibs and doesnt afraid of anything.

Except snails apparently.
  • Kexruct said:

o_o
    Isn't that considered child abuse? Like, holy shit.
  • Yeah, I'm beginning to realize her being okay about 55% of the time doesn't really make up for the kinds of crap she puts me through when she's not being okay.
  • edited 2013-08-07 17:25:24
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Oh, if your mother was within finding distance of me; I'd be in so much trouble.  And it would be completely worth it. 

It's a good thing my family isn't around right now to hear me.
    Kexruct said:

Yeah, I'm beginning to realize her being okay about 55% of the time doesn't really make up for the kinds of crap she puts me through when she's not being okay.

Remember the water and the vitriol?  That.
    Wow Kexruct. Yes, you really don't deserve to put up with that. Suicide, seriously? You should record it, I think, but I worry about your mother finding out about it. I'm sure you do but I hope you take precautions when using these things when she's away (or in general).
    number of brick-and-mortar bookstores in gensokyo
  • I wonder when Evangelion became a joke.